Greater Chicago, IL 630-***-**** linkedin.com/in/harshdeep-ingle email@example.com PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Mechanical Design Engineer with 2+ years of experience in CAD modeling and product development. Collaborative team player with proven track record of delivering multiple, concurrent projects in fast-paced environments. Drives production efficiency through qualitative analysis and process redesign. Looking to join a firm that rewards effort and initiative, whilst provide plenty of progression and development opportunities.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Design and FEA software: SolidWorks, PTC Creo, CATIA, ANSYS WB, PTC Windchill, HVC, Teamcenter, MATLAB. Engineering skills / tools: Project management, Drawing standard compliance, CAD/CAM, MS Office, GD&T, APQP, PPAP, DFM, FMEA. Certifications: Python; Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP); Diploma in Product Design and Analysis (Mar 2016) PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
3D Designer/Modeler, Volt / Design & Technical Services, Peoria (Laid off due to COVID19 outbreak) May 2019 – Feb 2020
• Worked on-site at Enerpac Tool Group doing contract assignments with Caterpillar Inc.
• Verified design prints, 3D models and bill of materials (BOM) to minimize non-conformance issues.
• Generated engineering change notices (ECNs) for any design changes, or changes in BOM using product database management
(PDM) systems and followed them through the workflow process.
• Maintained and updated an on-going list of over 700 part-numbers (including assemblies and NHL) with several columns of design data specs in excel spreadsheets which was then used company-wide as a cross reference guide for a key account.
• Used PDM systems to query BOM and NHL for reporting data and providing feedbacks to on-site manager.
• Created / modified CAD models and prepared PowerPoints explaining major and minor design print changes to convey with design team to achieve faster workflow.
• Addressed client issues related to design, assembly or associated projects under minimal supervision. Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago Jul 2018 – May 2019
• Conceptualized a model of Human Machine Interface (HMI) helmet for a pilot using SolidWorks, which would be used for detection of spatial disorientation in the pilots.
• Conducted meticulous research to identify information and answer multifaceted questions.
• Created a 3D model of the helmet and 3D printed it to understand the ergonomics and test in a virtual environment.
• Worked with the team to assemble electric components for the hardware needed to manage and generate feedback loop analysis. Product Development Engineer Intern, BMW Technology Corporation, Chicago May 2017 – Aug 2017
• Identified system architecture to develop plausible scenarios of technological evolution while working in a cross-functional team.
• Designed 3D models for dashboard components in SolidWorks to accommodate client needs.
• Learned to apply concepts of GD&T and FMEA during the design process to obtain superior product under supervision of Sr. engineer.
• Prepared experience maps for several portfolios based on the data gathered through research to support our proposed ideas of technological integration.
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern, Caterpillar Inc., Chicago Aug 2016 – May 2017
• Researched production processes, environmental reports, facts, permits and, laws pertaining to specific cases.
• Developed a unique solution that strategically connect CAT with localized businesses to increase profits and acquire more customers.
• Developed and tested models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification for company’s growth.
• Interviewed current customers, dealer groups and potential users to understand the market potentials and conducted feasibility studies based on the data gathered.
• Collaborated with multidisciplinary teams to develop and implement product improvements to achieve revenue forecast of 27M USD and 35% increase in brand loyalty.
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA (GPA: 3.77) May 2018 Coursework : FEA, Product Development, Computer Aided Engineering, Production Planning & Inventory Control and HVAC. Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, University of Pune, India May 2015 Coursework : Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Production Engineering, Robotics and Heat Transfer. PROJECTS
“Processing Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE) experiment” Dec 2017
Determined the complex brainwave images for each displacement projection and spatially filtered complex wave images using MRI.
Designed a complex algorithm in MATLAB to analyze these brain waves which would help in identifying brain disorders at early stages.
Calculated region of interest, average values of storage modulus and the loss modulus for brain tissues and compared these values with that of normal brain tissues to demonstrate the deterioration of these tissues and to identify any possible brain disorders.
“Design of The Electrostatically Actuated MEMS Switch for RF Applications” May 2017
Studied a MEMS switch with six strip membranes to understand its working principles.
Modified the MEMS switch to achieve a shorter actuation voltage range.
Performed static and vibration analysis on the 3D model to demonstrate how it will perform under stress in the microscopic world. AWARDS
The President’s Volunteer Service Award, The United States of America Jun 2018 A civil award bestowed by the President of the United States to honor the hundreds of hours spent in helping others in the community. The Chancellor’s Student Service and Leadership Award, University of Illinois at Chicago Apr 2018 An academic award to honor my contribution to the University of Illinois at Chicago and recognize my service to the UIC community. The Dean of Students Leadership Award, University of Illinois at Chicago Dec 2017 A leadership award to recognize my accomplishments in developing and enhancing the quality of student life on the UIC campus.