Master of Science- Industrial Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI GPA: 3.54 Graduated December 2019
Bachelor of Engineering- Mechanical Engineering, Pune University, India GPA: 3.5 Graduated May 2016 Skills
Design of Experiments (DOE)
Statistical Data Analysis
Forecasting & SPC
Safety & Ergonomics
Root Cause Analysis (5WHY)
Problem Solving Tools & A3
Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
Kaizen, 5S, SMED, & PDCA
TAKT Time & Poka-Yoke
Bill of Materials (BOM)
MPS, MRP, CRP & ERP
Six Sigma Tools & DMAIC
Statistical Process Control
SAP & GD&T
PPAP, FMEA & SOP
Cost & Waste Reduction
ARENA Simulation Software
RStudio & CPLEX, AutoCAD
Minitab & MATLAB
Microsoft Office & Access
Student Assistant, Data Management Department, Karmanos Cancer Institute May 2018 – December 2019
• Used Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to manage and maintain clinical trials data accuracy and confidentiality.
• Quality checked for incoming clinical trial data and reported issues to data managers.
• Improved logistics of CTO and reduced storage required for large documents by digitizing and sending offsite. Operations Engineer, Shreenam Industries July 2016 – June 2017
• Increased 15% productivity and 10% saving in material usage by participating in process improvement projects.
• Performed Lean Assessments, safety/ ergonomic audits, and organized 5S events throughout the plant.
• Helped convert 2 traditional assembly lines into one-piece flow cells which reduced work in process by over 40%, and reduced floor- space requirements by over 35%.
• Implemented Single-Minute Die Exchange (SMED) and reduced setup time by 13%.
• Created Value Stream Maps, Standard Work Charts, Process Flow Diagrams, and Time- Motion Studies (MOST).
• Verified and Updated documents like APQP, NCRs, FMEA, control plans, and work instructions.
• Educated manufacturing personnel in LEAN tools and techniques by participating in improvement workshops and cross functional team meetings.
• Maintained and updated Bill of Materials (BOM), Work Orders and Assisted in Inventory Management. Engineering Intern, Acme Tools June 2015 – May 2016
• Conducted Gemba walk, and time studies to balance and improve processes using tools such as Error Proofing and Quality at Source.
• Conducted 8-D study and performed Root Cause Analysis to analyze Non-conformances and quality issues.
• Used TPM and CAPA to reduce downtime which improved Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) from 71% to 74%.
• Integrated data and maintained Pareto charts for identifying quality issues and helped solve them to meet ISO quality standards.
• Monitored and maintained process capabilities through Statistical Process Control (SPC) and used problem-solving techniques to apply improvements.
• Identified and Reduced bottleneck cycle time by implementing Kaizen events. Engineering Projects
MRP Decision Support System Project Completed April 2019
• Developed a Decision Support System using MRP simulation. Created Forecasts, Master Production Schedule, Material Requirements Plan, Capacity Requirement Plan to analyze and maximize profits. Six Sigma Green Belt Project Completed April 2019
• Minimized rework cost and Improved Quality using Six Sigma Tools. Reduced Cumulative RFI rejection rate from 11% to 2%.
• Reduced Defects Per Million Opportunities DPMO from 95,000 to 18,000. Zingerman’s Cornman Farms Logistics Improvement Project (Lean implementation) Completed December 2018
• Used Value Stream Mapping and Root Cause Analysis to identify problems in logistics.
• Standardized work by making standard operating procedure (SOP) more accessible and created SOP in the form of cards carried on a lanyard.
• Improved use of time sheets by including time sheets with SOP cards and by replacing after each shift. Created A3 document. Honors and Activities
Executive Board Member, Engineering Society of Detroit, WSU chapter September 2018 – December 2019 Member, Theta Tau - A Professional Engineering Fraternity, WSU chapter September 2018 - Present LSSGB- Six Sigma Green Belt (Wayne State University) May 2019 Awarded Certificate of completion of 35 P.D.U.s for Project Management by Project Management Institute December 2017