** **** ***** ****, **** Norwalk, Connecticut 06854
Fifteen+ years in administrative/support team roles aiding senior executives within diverse industries. Over ten years of experience as a niche, graphics/design professional offering dynamic visual deliverables within the hedge fund space. Notable strengths include strong interpersonal and communications skills with excellent solution-finding capabilities, highly collaborative, ability to work under pressure and successfully deal with competing demands while maintaining confidentiality, both personally and professionally. A self-directed team player, proactively going the extra mile, resourceful, tenacious, adaptable, innovative, and loyal, with a dedicated work ethic.
SKILLS: Advanced Microsoft Suite including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Visio; Photoshop; O365 Suite: including OneDrive, SharePoint; Google Docs; Bloomberg; Concur, Cosmos; RPX; Oracle; Six Sigma Yellow Belt. EXPERIENCE:
Arootah, LLC, New York, NY (former COO of Blue Ridge Capital) October 2019 – April 2020 Part time Assistant
Blue Ridge Capital, Tarrytown, NY
Special project work for wind down of Funds and Personal Assistant January 2019 – September 2019 Blue Ridge Capital, L.L.C., Tarrytown, NY April 2007 – December 2018 Executive Assistant to Chief Finance Officer and Assistant to Chief Operating Officer
• Gatekeeper/liaison to CFO’s 10 direct reports. Completed an extensive variety of administrative duties for the CFO and COO including maintaining complex executives’ calendars by scheduling, coordinating, and updating meetings and agendas. Coordinated travel arrangements, domestic/international and commercial/private, ground transportation, hotel, dining, and reservations. Tracked airline credits and credit card points for future travel, robust itineraries. Approved credit card charges. Expeditiously changed hats according to tasks at hand. Booked personal appointments as needed.
• Answered multiple phone lines, recorded/mailed messages, directly handled or passed to appropriate contact as necessary.
• Reviewed emails and replied as appropriate, developing drafts for executives. Managed file organization, multiple spreadsheets/directories, and updated contacts databases.
• Management Reporting: Organized multiple monthly reports for 10 teams in both soft and hardcopies.
• Numerous event planning including daily caterers, team leader offsites, and firm holiday events.
• Researched and planned robust projects (both personal and professionally). Vendor management, negotiator and coordination of rendered services including facilities and office management. Assisted in confidential personal/family projects. Participated as onsite management as needed.
• 12 years of projects for COO – both large and small, including creation of procedures manual, containing maintenance and construction for homes, large outdoor and indoor professional equipment, hired staff and oversaw staff and expenses for special projects.
• Point person for graphics/design of firm-wide manuals including compliance, marketing collateral materials for IR including a pitch book, presentations, and other internal collateral initiatives including the 20th anniversary three book, leather-bound collection for tribute to founder. Created diversified PowerPoint presentations for multiple teams.
• Business Contingency Planning (BCP) - Committee member: Prepared weekly meeting agenda, notes and action items, administrator of disaster recovery software system ensuring accuracy of data and assisted with scheduling and recording of annual tabletop exercises, redesigned previous hardcopy plans into the RPX software system.
• Blue Ridge University: Training Committee Assistant Chair, ensured maximum conference/seminar participation both internally and externally for all back-office employees. Developed and maintained a robust library of notes, materials and presentations, quarterly tracking of training attendance.
• Performed extensive research, data collection, statistic compilation, matrices and document generation to complete special projects and firm initiatives.
• Human Resources Committee member and co-support to Director of Human Resources, Director of Administration/Office Manager, Fund Accounting support team member.
• Intern Program Mentor for undergraduate students and Committee member.
• Supervised Reception desk.
GE Commercial Finance, Lee Farm, Danbury, CT November 2005 – May 2006 Interim Executive Assistant to Director of Corporate Systems and team of 35
• Processed meeting coordination, managed calendars, email, event planning, extensive domestic and international travel arrangements, and consolidated presentations/prepared decks.
• Primary contact for external vendors for corporate systems payments.
• Processed purchase orders and invoices in Oracle Purchasing System, eAP services, and Elance. University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT July 2001 – March 2005 Director of Communications
• Promoted within six months from Director of Enrollment Communications to Director of Communications for three campuses. Redesigned marketing and collateral materials including advertising, brochures, flyers, web campaigns, publishing of letters, invitations, postcards, and photography through a strategic marketing plan.
• Operated as internal advertising agency including but not limited to Admissions $1.2 million budget. Eventually brought in outside agency to bring advertising initiative to highest level.
• Reduced dependence upon outside consultants and renegotiated contracts, eliminating $200,000 in annual costs/fees including hiring of vendors and establishing consistent relationships. Demonstrated ability to manage budget and achieve results through independent efforts and interdepartmental cooperation with limited support staff.
• Employed a range of research methodologies for retention levels and potential enrollments, including focus groups, central location testing, mail, and internet.
Connecticut Marketing Association, Wilton, CT February 2000 – February 2001 National Program Director and Account Executive
• Managed sales and accounts for a newly integrated internet product – iMemberLink, from CompuServe and AOL.
• Established client introduction to new custom-branded internet service for national nonprofit organizations with memberships of 500,000+.
• Prepared proposals for presentations to senior management within client organization; develop collateral and marketing materials for field sales; analytical and creative input for marketing plan, joint venture partnerships and business development. Liaison between Board of Directors, management and field sales
• Obtained signed contracts within six months with clients such as Civitas (Oprah Winfrey’s organization), March of Dimes, and Points of Light Foundation.
• Firm Closed Due to Lack of Funds
JMC Industries, Inc., Fairfield, CT September 1997 – February 2000 Vice President and Marketing Manager
• Consultative seller of an alternative media program to Fortune 1000 accounts; provided input to President/Publisher in various phases of strategic and creative development of the Mini-BookTM, partnered with President on product sales/proposals, brand-marketing efforts while simultaneously selling advertising program to clients including Chase Manhattan Bank, Cisco Systems, AOL, E*Trade, Exxon Mobil, BMW, Rolls-Royce.
• Directed project management of publishing oversight with 1,000,000 Mini-Books per client.
• Developed marketing and collateral materials for media kits. Liaise with external creative resources, including agencies for advertising submissions, editing and proofreading.
• Coordinated negotiations with various print houses and vendors and managed sales contracts. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE: 1997 – 2007
Self-Employed – Creative Project Consulting
• Produced various marketing materials and client projects from brochures, videos to invitations and Photoshop.
• Published artist - “Words to Grow By”
Miami University, Oxford, OH
• Attended four semesters, Communications and Business Management major Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
• Attended two semesters, Liberal Arts major