A web developer and avid Agilist seeking an outcome-focused organization with a strong design focus.
@VirtuaBoza VirtuaBoza 813-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Tampa, FL 33611 Certifications, Skills & Tools
· Azure DevOps
· Event Storming
· Certified Scrum Master
· Professional Scrum Master
· Apollo (GraphQL)
· Fetch (REST)
· SignalR (WebSockets)
· SQL Server
· Entity Framework/Core
SOFTWARE ENGINEER & AGILE OWNER Nextech Tampa, FL DEC 2018 – PRESENT Developing specialty medical practice management software with Angular, ASP.NET, and SQL Server while facilitating lean engineering practices.
· Leveraged Angular Elements (Angular components as Web Components) to use new features in legacy pages
· Restructured CI process to compile only affected code, nullifying the effect of scaling teams on the pipeline
· Overhauled setup code underlying thousands of unit tests to reduce runtime by 60%
· Enhanced an internal reporting application, enabling teams to measure process efficiency and cumulative flow
· Improved database migration tooling to eliminate the potential for bugs due to inadvertent overwrites APPLICATION DEVELOPER Meridian Asset Services St. Petersburg, FL OCT 2017 – NOV 2018 Built mortgage and real estate management application features using React, ASP.NET Core, and SQL Server and domain-centric principles.
· Trained senior developers in Scrum, test-driven development (TDD), Git, and more
· Established npm and NuGet registries and extracted common libraries for centralized maintenance
· Selected to deploy in command of a multi-service detachment to support Ebola prevention efforts in Liberia
· Contributed to service-wide doctrine on the Military Decision Making Process Page 2
REACT NATIVE GAME FEB 2020 – PRESENT
Using React Native and Expo to develop a mobile, Bingo-like social game with Express and MongoDB. REACT COMPONENT LIBRARY NOV 2019 – FEB 2020
Created and published a React layout component library inspired by Mark Dalgleish’s ReactiveConf 2019 talk “Rethinking Design Practices.” Using CSS-in-JS via Emotion, “big-div-energy” is built with TypeScript and Rollup and documented with Storybook via GitHub Pages. The library helps consumers design responsive layouts faster and easier by giving a few purpose-built components the responsibility of providing whitespace on the page.
REACT PROGRESSIVE WEB APP APR 2019 – DEC 2019
Contributed core code to an open source platform for authoring and consuming choose-your-own- adventure stories. The client architecture consisted of two React applications using React-Router, Redux with Redux-Loop and Reselect. The server-side architecture was a “Dockerized,” Postgres-backed, Heroku-hosted Node server using Express layered with Elasticsearch and Apollo Server and third-party authentication via Passport.
ASP.NET CORE AND REACT BOOK NOV 2018 – DEC 2018
Worked with Packt Publishing to develop a book outline for what was later published as “ASP.NET Core 3 and React” by Carl Rippon.
ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, BS
UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY
West Point, NY
MEETUPS & CONFERENCES
· Agile Alliance
· Agile Florida (Book Club)
· Code Katas
· Orlando Code Camp
· St. Pete .NET
· Tampa Bay Agile (Lean Coffee)
· Tampa Community Connect
OPEN SOURCE CONTRIBUTIONS
· ASP.NET Core React Project Template
· React Food Truck VS Code Extension
· Angular Elements @ St. Pete .NET (Oct 2019)
· ASP.NET Core SignalR and SignalR Service @
St. Pete .NET (Dec 2018) & Orlando Code Camp