Franklin, Indiana 46131
Twenty-five years of experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering. Specializing in controls, P.L.C.’s, data acquisition, Teledyne Dalsa camera inspection systems, designing and fabricating a wide variety of machinery and control panels. Experienced using several Windows based engineering platforms. Career History
PATRIOT PRODUCTS, Franklin, In March 2017- current Controls Engineer
● To update, design and implement targeting system’s for the military, FBI and Law Enforcement
● Completes development, testing and leveraging of all targeting and robotic training aides, including periodic validations with the different government branches
● Led solutions engineering that involved process automation, and functionality enhancement. Replaced time-consuming, error-prone manual processes with elegant, automated solutions for manufacturing Global Electronic Services Inc. Buford, GA May 2015 – March 2017 Hydraulic Repair Specialist /Engineer/Manager
● Provide service and program (PLC) support for a wide variety of companies across the U.S.
● Analyzed code to identify and improve performance bottlenecks and contingencies with shared resources.
● With the appropriate techniques and methods, identifies issues and improvement areas, in order to attain higher levels of customer service, efficiency, quality, control and compliance
● To develop a hydraulic valve and pump repair department
● Build test stands capable of testing servo/proportional valves and a wide array of pumps
● Hire and train employees to repair jobs to manufacturer specifications Dalton Fluid Power Calhoun, GA Sept. 2012 – May 2015 Hydraulic Specialist /Engineer
● Technical support for the sales department.
● Reengineered multiple systems that fueled improvements to productivity, efficiency, uptime and accuracy for global business operations. Developed code, system design and test/QA plans for all solutions and often coordinated the national or international rollout.
● Worked closely with customers to help tailor and automate their equipment to fit their needs
● Fabricate “Made to order” specialized equipment
● Develop and implement innovative solutions to manufacturing issues related to product development or enhancement Apache Mills Inc. Calhoun, GA Sept. 2009 – Oct. 2012 Project Engineer
● Managed between 15-20 employees/ 5-20 outside contractors.
● Oversaw the installation of several Drake Presses.
● Designed hydraulic hot presses. Complete lines
● Designed and maintained a PM program on 37 manufacturing lines including the support equipment. (Air compressors, Trane and York chillers, all of the Nitrogen and Freon quench equipment, etc.)
● Worked closely with the COF to keep the Maintenance budget on track
● Tracked capital expenditure projects.
● Ensured the company was within compliance regulations with the EPA and OSHA.
● Works with Safety and other teams to perform comprehensive Risk Assessments for new applications Thomas Industries, Dalton, GA July 2001 – Jan. 2009 Maintenance Manager/Electronic Tech
● Managed 30 employee’s in the Maintenance Department
● Installed and maintained over forty-five pieces of machinery, including, Filteco, Neumag, Fare, P.F.E., Autefa, Lummus, Superba, Suessan, Reiter, and N.G.R.’s latest recycling machine and extruder.
● Responsible for all plant support equipment consisting of: water cooled chillers from 200 ton to 600 ton, air compressors from 50 hp to 800 hp, and two 200 hp boilers. .
● Creating and troubleshooting programs in PLC’s such as Omron, Modicon, Idec, G.E., Allen Bradley, Toshiba, and Trace 700.
Easco / Dolton Aluminum, Dolton, IL June 1992 – July 2001 Apprentice Millwright Union/Electrician Union
● Began education in welding, fabricating, and machine installation.
● Extensive hydraulic and PLC training.
● Labored in the installation of four 500 ton hydraulic aluminum extrusion presses.
● Helped with the upgrade and installation from relay logic to plc controls in the extrusion presses. Education
SMC: Pneumatic Circuits February 2010
EMS: Advanced Inverter Logic (Yaskawa Controls) June 2008 Rockwell Automation:Project Development May 2007
Rockwell Automation:Introduction to programming March 1997 Easco (South Suburban College): Welding I & Welding II April 1996 Easco (In house): Allen Bradley: Troubleshooting ladder Logic.July 1995 Tech Services Advanced Technology Training:Computer Science &November 1994 Advanced Electronics
References available upon request