HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
An ambitious and skilled professional with more than 26 years of experience in Operations Management, Documentation, Warehousing and Administration. Versatile in the provision of orientation and leadership of developing operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping A team player who is adept at creating long term connections with new and existing clients for the benefit of the firm Multi-tasking abilities, with an aptitude and experience in data entry, accounts payable, payroll, grant report entry, managing the organizations HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets.
Extensive knowledge of cross-functional teams and also key stakeholder relations gained from leading operations managerial positions. Competent in establishing contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies. Adept at training and development of new and existing staff, with a detailed appreciation of trend analysis and long-term planning. Well-organized and experienced in fulfilling administrative tasks, strong decision-making, critical thinking, evaluation, and analytical skills. Proven leadership attributes that enable a result oriented production target and sustainable cost reduction. Detail oriented, with a positive, upbeat personality SIVADAS T.M.
Apex Shipping Service LLC (2018 Mar -Till Present ) Operation Manager
• Reviewing how various departments within an employer interact, share information, deal with customers, and do things like make joint purchases of supplies or outside services.
• Making recommendations on how to increase efficiencies, in order to save money, reduce cycle times, and improve customer satisfaction by identifying the cheapest and best mode of transport for all types of cargo
• Planning and putting into action projects of various ship agents, clearing forwarding companies, ship brokers and cargo brokers to introduce the company profile to them.
• Managing prompt lay can and voyage charge estimation.
• Planning and Organization
• Budget Development
• Documentation Skills
• Good Presentation Skills
• Data Entry Skills
• Data Processing Skills
• Negotiation and Delegation
• Manage Complex Operations
• Document Architecture
• Sales Projection and Expenses
• Integrity and Honesty
• Supply Chain Management
• Human Resources Software
Master Fleet freight services LLC (2014 Dec- June 2017) Operations Manager
• Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions such as shipping schedules for each destination depending on availability of goods and customer,
• Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures on exports and other custom related papers.
• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
• Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
• Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
• Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes by collaborating with other departments to meet customer requirements.
• Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
• Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
• Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities, such as breaking a fence or tape residue on flooring
• Working with people at various levels in each department to gather information, conduct inspection of packaging, loading and other warehouse related activities to avoid unnesessry demurrage charges and facilitated distribution of goods in liaison with freight forwards.
• Developing training procedures and guidelines on how to perform duties better
• Keeping management informed of trouble spots in advance before major problems occur, and proposing cost- effective solutions.
• Ensuring orders, shipping operations, freight forwarding, clearing activities are handled and shipped on time and complete.
• Proactively resolve open issues on orders and efficiently track order status.
• Maintaining a positive relationship with existing clients by providing quality service to clients by monitoring loading and off-loading of cargos.
• Issue the invoice, handle paper work and filing job.
• Coordinate with internal parties.
• Royal Link Cargo LLC (June 2009-Oct 2014)
• IDS Shipping and Logistics service, UAE (Sept 2004- Mar 2009) Office Administrator
• Al Izdehar Clearing Cargo & Shipping LLC, UAE (June 1999- Aug 2004) Shipping operation staff/ Import-export Doc & Clerk Offices Duties
• Al Rais Cargo LLC (Jan 1995 - June 1999)
• Jumbo line Shipping LLC Dubai (Jan 1992- Dec 1995) Export clerk LLC EXPORT
• Corporate Courier, Mumbai (Jan 1986- Dec 1991)
• Diploma in Sales & Marketing Management
An enthusiastic and customer oriented individual who possesses proven leadership attributes that enable a result oriented production target and sustainable logistic operations.
• Diploma in International Marketing and Business Management
• Diploma in Business Management & Business Administration
• Diploma in Foreign Trade Management
• Diploma in HRD, Personnel Management & Industrial Relations
• Diploma in Materials Management & Production Management
• Diploma in Total Quality Management & ISO 9001-9004
• Diploma in Advertising & Public Relations and Office Administration
• Certificate course in Executive Secretaryship
• Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics & Supply Management
• Microsoft Access.
• Web and Social Skills.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
• Bachelor of Commerce
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY EDUCATION
• Track record of administrative related works concerning shipping and logistics operations.
• Successfully dealt with Customs and Port authorities in getting clearance of shipments.
• Developed multi-faceted skills with the domains of logistics operations, documentation and customer service having worked with logistics, clearing, forwarding and shipping organizations.
• Successfully planned the spaces to accommodate all the stocks as well as ensured organized filing of records for easy tracking and retrieval.
• Achieved targets set by the organisation and surpassed performance parameters
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement key projects to maximize company profits.
• Cultivated and maintained productive relationship with clients and key industry player.
• Managed multiple projects successfully with well-developed skills in development and implementation of effective strategies. Exhibited excellent skills and contributed in cost-saving initiatives