Santhosh Kumar R
Qualified Mechanical Engineer offering an impressive experience of over 23 years - strong credentials in delivering outstanding performances with effective technical skills and administrative skills in Industrial sector. Profile
• Technically competent Maintenance Engineer offering a gratifying career span of over one decade predominantly in the areas of project management, utility and paint shop operations & maintenance, erection, commissioning
&maintenance of Utility systems on DBR basis, techno-commercial management, resource planning and training.
• Diverse experience in scheduling, managing budgets, monitoring CAPEX/OPEX, resource planning & deployment and resolving issues for seamless execution of the projects.
• Understanding of the FTPMP, Kaizen, G8D, 5WHY Analysis, Industrial Standards and Safety Norms (EHS - Environment, Health & Safety), while commissioning projects; demonstrated capability in conceptualizing and effecting process initiatives to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
• Expert in maintenance planning, implementing preventive, planned and predictive maintenance to maximize uptime of equipments and installations; demonstrate strong techno-commercial acumen in interacting with the vendors for cost effective purchase of parts and ensuring smooth work progress and meet requirement of machine maintenance.
• Adept in monitoring and assuring quality in mechanical and chemical lab, experience in universal testing machines, enriched with rich analytical skills with proficiency in preparing CAR for projects, project reports, cash flow statements
• An assertive manager, capable of fostering an atmosphere that motivates highly talented professionals to balance high-level skills with maximum productivity.
• Had under gone ISO/TS-16949 certified auditor training & implementation.
• Conducting the negotiation for the CAPEX projects and preparation of OA and PO.
• Expert in working for the operation targets, Estimations and getting approvals from the finance and top management.
• Analysis of monthly cash cost and gap analysis.
• Having very good exposure in negotiation and ordering of machines, spares and products to local and international markets.
• Having good exposure in import of machines and customs clearance through CHA.
• Having good exposure in Entering the BOE(Bill of Entry) in files and SAP system and coordination with finance team for claiming it from government.
• Having very good exposure in handling the local issues during the start of the projects. Core Competencies
• Plant & Machinery Engineering
• Project Management/Commissioning
• Resource Management/Optimization
• Paint shop Maintenance
• Preventive/Planned Maintenance
• Techno commercial Operations
• Plant Safety & Operations
• Reporting and Documentation
• Cross-functional Coordination
• CAPEX & OPEX Management
• General Administration
• Utility and Infrastructure maintenance
Project Management and Business development Consultant, Chennai July 2019 to till date
Working as a consultant for project management. Serving for project based organizations by taking projects guiding and implementing their projects from costing to final billing. Now working for organization-ICEBERG by marketing and implementing the projects of outlets for Hatsun Agro Products, Hatsun daily, IBACO, Oyalo etc. So far completed 15 projects successfully and handed over to the clients. Now we have 4 projects running parallel in Chennai and other outskirts of Tamil Nadu.
In addition to this project management doing the below supports, 1)Doing the piping projects and fabrication.
3)Show room setup etc.
Saravanan Electricals, Chennai
Feb 2019 to June 2019
Saravanan Electricals is a Chennai based electrical panel Board manufacturing and MEP contractor having a yearly turn over of 100 Crores. This company is having branch offices in Chennai, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Project management and New project marketing (5 months) Heading the position reported by project engineers, marketing engineers, Purchase engineers, Admin in charge.
. Successfully implemented the new factory set up of 30000 Sq. feet with new manufacturing concepts(It is a 15 crores investment project).
. Approaching the consultants, designers, Architects and new upcoming companies for getting the new projects in turn key way.
Bekaert Industries Pvt. Ltd., Thervoykandigai, Chennai July 2011 – April 2019
Bekaert Industries is a Belgium base organization having an yearly turn over of 4Billion EUROS. This have braches at 41 countries and manufacturing of steel cords and wires. This company is having different vertical of business like, Rubber reinforcement, Hose reinforcement, steel ropes, steel wires, steel fibers for mixing in concrete, filtration systems, stainless steel, thermal, Etc. Engineer-Level 6 (Maintenance, Projects & Commercial operations) Headed the green field project of this company from the scratch, the purchase of the land in SIPCOT at Thervoykandigai and investment of 150 corers with a team strength of 100+ people. Reported by project engineers, contract managers, PMC manager, maintenance engineers and purchase in charge.
• Successfully implemented the project as per the plan and with in the budget.
• Ordering of the machine, errection, commissioning, sample making and handover to production for regular production done.
• To improve the efficiency of the machines preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and 56 week maintenance plan implemented.
• Formed a CFT team to control the cash cost, which will help for the effective and value added out put for the profitability.
• Monitoring and control of expansion and cost effective project ad its cost.
• Worked out for the ROI for the projects suggested by CFT and implemented through the subordinates.
• Done the risk assessment of the completed the projects and closed all the points in proper way and handed over the project for production.
• Successfully implemented the ISO/TS16949 and conducted the audit.
• Successfully installed one very good lab as per the customer specific need and Bekaert standard to conduct mechanical and Chemical testing of the products.
• Developed engineers and technicians for utility maintenance through training.
• Worked for the upcoming project of the ZLD(Zero liquid Discharge).
• Deployed the maintenance target and utility targets.
• Developed new vendors for the localization of spares.
• Maintained cordial industrial relations with no incidence of work stoppage due to labour unrest.
• Implemented the “why why methodology” for the breakdown analysis.
• Took an additional responsibility as lab, process lubricant system(secret of the organization.) to elevate to our global standard and market.
• Made the customers more attractive by achieving ZERO complaints by strengthen the lab, lubricant system and maintenance.
• Achieved good name from the customers and TS audits for zero NC and observations.
• Successfully implemented new store system and new store.
• Implemented so many power saving projects like LED, VFDs, Common ring system of chillers, water saving, fuel saving etc. this helped to save the power by 1000 units per day.
• Managed the techno-commercial aspects and involved in inventory planning & scheduling as per budget for the financial year.
• Carried out work allocations to managerial, supervisory & skilled workforce to have the best utilization of manpower.
• Implemented KAIZEN and other quality initiatives to improve efficiency at the shop floor.
• Driving focused initiatives on cost reduction, time cycle reduction, improving process variables and enhancing process conditions
• Develop the budget for statutory requirements as well as monitor the operation and capital expenses regularly.
• Supervising preventive maintenance, preparing maintenance schedule for carrying out preventive maintenance and prepare MIS reports.
• Worked as the key person for the implementation of TS 16949.
• Worked with architect for the expansion project and prepared the BOQ, drived the commercial team for Floating the BOQ for tendering, Conducting the Bid meetings, Negotiations.
• Worked out for the financial approvals & full finance control to complete the project with in the budget and time.
• Working with finance department to get approvals, budgeting, payment release and other account tally.
• Working out for the running CAPEXES and CAR approvals
• Implemented the OPEX by working with finance team.
• Worked with government bodies for the approvals by providing the necessary documents. Like flow diagrams, water balance, building drawings, process flow, waste and hazard management etc..
• Fixing of plant level targets and to individual departments had done.
• Monitoring and gap analysis of the achievements against the targets.
• Discussing with the finance team for the approvals and X+1
• Working for the profitability and coordination of the all the departments for achievement of the organizational goals.
• Co ordinating the legal person for the government clearances and norms.
• Clearing the local issues with the local villagers conducting meetings.
• Handling equipment for maintenance
Ford India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
July 2004 – July 2011
Ford is an US based organization and second global player in manufacturing of cars. They have one manufacturing facility in Chennai and so many plants in throughout the globe. Team Leader –Maintenance and projects (Paint shop & Utilities) Headed the maintenance team of technicians, Junior engineers, contract engineers and suppliers with strength of 65+ people for the area of paint shop and utilities.
• Executed expansion project of water treatment plant, RO Plant and DM plant.
• Worked out for the paint shop expansion to36JPH project.
• Have executed the expansion projects of Utilities & paint shop.
• Handled plant shutdowns and executed maintenance of the entire paint shop equipments such as oven burners, over head conveyors, chain conveyors, AHU and ASU. Maintaining the total spares and critical spares for Utility equipments.
• Supervised and handled training and development of subordinates
• Overall in-charge for the paint shop, maintenance of chillers, boilers, ovens, RO Plants, DM plants, STP, ETP&UF system
• Implemented ways for reduction of water and power consumption, prepared water balance for the total plant.
• Achieved breakdown time reduction by5% from the existing targets.
• Performed root cause analysis of major breakdowns and implemented permanent corrective action and horizontal deployment.
• Worked out for Zero liquid discharge.
• Implemented the maintenance of oil fired, gas fired burners, 500cfm air compressors, designed & operated dryers.
• Maintenance of oil fired and gas(propane)fired burners for ovens and boilers.
• Maintenance of pretreatment process, Electrode deposition process & spray booth.
• Maintenance of fireline (sprinklers, Deluge system),jockey pump, pumping station & verification of fire alarms(TEMS).
• Having very good exposure in maintenance of hot water generators & boilers.
• Implementation of TPM activities.
• Having exposure in diesel distribution system and propane(Gas) system.
• Having exposure in maintenance of hydraulic presses. Sundaram Industries Ltd., Chennai
December 1996 – July 2004
Sundaram Industries is the TVS group of companies, having a yearly turn over of 200 crores. This organization is doing the business of tyre retreading, solid tyres and designed strips Junior Engineer-Technical (Plant engineering Projects)
• Executed maintenance of plant and machineries (Utilities)
• Prepared layout for new plant projects, executed erection and commissioning of plant and machineries.
• Maintenance of rubber mixing plants machines such as mixing mills, kneaders, extruders, belt conveyors and bucket conveyors.
• Having hand on experience in maintenance of re-threading machineries and equipments.
• Having experience in service and maintenance of segment presses. Major Accomplishments
• Implemented KAIZEN in Bekaert Industries Ltd., with most effective way made a good saving of 1000 units per day.
• Executed Lean concepts in Sundaram Industries which subsequently reduced processing time in production
• Executed cost reduction project and saved over Rs. 1.5 lakhs every year for consecutive 5 years in Ford India.
• Implemented the green field project of Bekaert Industries with in the short period.
• Localization of spares had done and made a huge cost saving of 3.5lakhs per annum to Bekaert industries.
• Successfully completed the project value of 150 crores with cost effectively, as per plan and schedule in M/S Bekaert Industries.
Academic and Professional Credentials
Bachelor of Business Administration, 2003
University of Madras
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, 1996
Board of Technical Education, Kerala
AutoCAD and MS-Office
Age & Date of Birth
English, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi
References & Supporting Documents Available upon Request