ID number: 9Nationality: South African
Languages: English and Afrikaans
Driver’s Licence: Code B (Light Motor Vehicle)
I am a highly motivated, hardworking, and well-organized person with excellent planning skills. I enjoy challenges, and I pride myself on my problem-solving abilities. I am friendly and helpful, and I am passionate about working with children. My energetic nature and good sense of humour makes it easy for me to function within a group or a classroom. I also have strong leadership skills, which will help me to ensure discipline in the classroom. Finally, I am an honest and highly reliable person who takes any responsibility given to me very seriously, and I will go above and beyond to ensure that my learners receive the best learning-opportunities and classroom environment.
1. Academic Qualifications
• TEFL Certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Certificate number: 2019/GA/55524.
• Post Graduate Certificate in Education (with distinction), 2019
• Master of Science in Geography and Environmental Management (with distinction), 2018.
• Bachelor of Science Honours in Environmental Sciences, with Geography and Environmental Management (with distinction), 2017.
• Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Biological Sciences (with distinction), 2016.
• National Senior Certificate, 2013.
(Please refer to the attached documents for certificates and academic record.) 2. Academic Achievements
• Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society (membership number: 13085545)
• Best second-year student in Geography (2015)
• Best second-year student in Zoology (2015)
• Received the Albertus van Eeden Merit-Prize for Zoology (2015)
• Best third-year student in Geography (2016)
• Best third-year student in Zoology (2016)
• Received the Albertus van Eeden Merit-Prize for Zoology (2016)
• Completed Bachelor’s, Honours and Master’s degrees with distinction (2016, 2017, 2018)
(Kindly refer to attached documentation for further information.) Interests, Sports and Hobbies
I enjoy almost any physical activity. I take part in a weekly Parkrun and enjoy jogging in my spare time. During the summer months, I do long-distance swimming, which has been my favourite sport since high school. I also enjoy hiking trails and spending time in natural surroundings.
I believe supporting charities is important, and I spend as much time as possible volunteering at different organizations. I have taken part in several community- outreaches and helped out at soup kitchens during my time as a student. After teaching, my greatest passion is caring for animals, and I have volunteered at SANCCOB Penguin Sanctuary, the Jeffrey’s Bay Animal Rescue Society, and the Potchefstroom Animal Wellness Society. I have also taken part in several beach clean- ups. Finally, I greatly enjoy reading books and informative magazine articles, as well as watching films and documentaries.
• Assistant Librarian at NWU Natural Science Library (2018).
• Practical Tutor for third-year Geography (2018).
• Assistant at Oppi-Plot petting-zoo and party venue, Potchefstroom
• Practical teaching experience during PGCE (3 months)
• Currently teaching English online (iTutor)