Lead Data Analyst
Address: *** ******* *** ***, ***********, NC
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillip-chae I have a year and nine months of experience as a Lead Data Analyst working with Primary Care and IT industries. In this role I have managed the Reports team. Developed and automated numerous reports for all the office staff; primarily using SAP, Cognos, and SQL. Created a database for essential information for the entire office staff using Microsoft Access DBMS. Lead a team in aiding to fix the Data Migration. Oversaw the IAH and Lab team’s large-scale databases for over 10,000 patients. Technical Skills
• Business Objects (SAP), eBO Query/Report Studio (IBM Cognos), SQL, Python, Macros, Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access
(V-lookups, Pivot Table, RDBMS, Queries), HL7 Interface, Structure Data, Data Migration, Data analysis, Relational Database
(Primary Keys), Database Management, Data Manipulation, Performance measurements, Auditing, and Mapping. Experience
June 2018 – Present, Data Analyst
Doctors Making House Calls (DMHC), Durham, NC
North Carolina’s leading provider home-based primary care with over 10,000 active patients and 120 providers
• Identify efficiencies and problem areas, while providing solutions and needs for projects. o Develop reports and projects using Business Objects (SAP) and eBO Query/Report Studio (IBM Cognos Report Studio) to improve delivery of care to our patients and promote workplace efficiency.
Monitor lab orders for newly registered patients and active patients that are on Psych medications.
Analyze patient’s demographic trends and visit frequencies to assure they’re receiving high level of care routinely. o Extracted all the data from the EMR using SQL, which provided valuable information accessible to us when creating reports. This was previously not available; due to limited features of the EMR’s reporting software.
Developed complex reports using SQL (unions, joins, groups, and converting data types) and Access DBMS.
Developed reports for billing, accounting, and auditing team, which was previously unsuccessful by eClinicalWorks.
• Managed data migration for IAH team and the Lab interface. o Successfully migrated IAH patient’s data to the new EMR and coordinated with RTI (Research Triangle Institute), who oversee the IAH Reporting system for CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and perform quality checks to assure that the patients’ data in the reporting system is accurate and meets their standards. o Coordinated with lab vendors to establish the lab interface and HL7 configurations. o Mapped over 120 providers and 300 lab order/result codes for each lab interface.
• Diagnosed multiple fail points in the data migration and lead a team to actively and preemptively correct the data. o Identified multiple discrepancies in patient’s info. Over 10,000 patient’s information was manually corrected. o Identified appropriate formats for the data entries, so it doesn’t cause errors when claims and reports are created. o Proposed and implemented structure data by creating a drop-down menu for patient’s demographic information to reduce data entry errors and increase accuracy of information for reports. o Developed procedures and trained the Lab team how to correctly order and migrate over 20,000 deferred labs. o Identified mapping issues for the start and stop date for the patient’s Medications. o Identified mapping issue for one of the string configurations on the HL7 interface.
• Implemented a database using Microsoft Access, which provides access to required information to the office staff. o Increased efficiency by creating a centralized database.
• Trained junior data analysts with complex datasets and reporting software’s (SAP and IBM Cognos) o Automated majority of the reports for our departments. Increased efficiency by reducing time spent creating reports
• Serve as point of contact for IT related issues for our Lab vendors o Coordinated with new Lab and Diagnostic Imaging vendors with setting up their interfaces for our EMR system. o Responsible for troubleshooting any issues with ordering or resulting labs. o Regularly oversee the HL7 interface. Analyze the HL7 message configurations and assess segments and strings. o Map new providers and lab order/result codes to the interface.
• Assist the IT team with troubleshooting issues with other users. Education
2018 The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG), North Carolina The Bryan School of Business and Economics
Bachelor of Science, Finance, May 2018
2016 Copenhagen Business School (CBS), Copenhagen, Denmark Department of Economics, Economics, August 2016