Jorge Scharfhausen Romero
ROBOTICS, AUTOMATION & ELECTRONICS · INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Paseo de las Acacias, Madrid, Spain
+34-690-***-*** email@example.com j.sromero (GitLab) Jorge Scharfhausen Education
Deutsche Schule Madrid (German School of Madrid) Madrid, Spain PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION 1998 - 2013
• All classes taught in German, almost native as a result. UPM(Polytechnic University of Madrid) Madrid, Spain ENGINEER’S DEGREE IN ELECTRONICS & AUTOMATION ENGINEERING 2013 - 2018
• Maths, chemistry, physics, programming, electronics and automation applied to engineering. UPM(Polytechnic University of Madrid) Madrid, Spain MASTER’S DEGREE IN ROBOTICS & INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION 2018 - 2020
• Artificial Intelligence, PLCs, SCADAs, Autonomous Robots, Simulations, Adaptive & Fuzzy Control, Industrial Automation. Skills
Programming Python, C/C++, JAVA, ROS, Factory Talk View, Step 7, RSLogix, MatLab, Simulink, LaTeX PLCs/HMIs Rockwell, Siemens
Electronics FPGA (VHDL), Power & Instrumentation Electronics Robotics ABB, Universal Robots, KUKA (Entry level experience) Others Autonomous Robots, HW & SW (EKF, LIDAR, PointClouds, SLAM, Path Planning), AutoCAD, Arduino, RPi, 3D Printing Experience
Microlay Madrid, Spain
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE ENGINEER Jan. 2018 - Jul. 2018
• 6 month internship designing, improving and creating a dental 3D printer. Development of the Android app and printer firmware. R&C Group Madrid, Spain & Lisbon, Portugal
AUTOMATION ENGINEER Sep. 2018 - Apr. 2019
• Designing a custom autonomous AGV from scratch, integrating LIDARs for full flexibility through SLAM.
• Leaders in automotive industry, with clients such as Audi, BMW, Volkswagen. Eli Lilly And Company Madrid, Spain
MANUFACTURING PROCESS AUTOMATION ENGINEER Apr. 2019 - Today
• Responsible for the automation of the manufacturing process.
• Qualification and validation of new automatic systems.
• Everyday support to the manufacturing process team.
• Skills developed: PLCs, SCADAs, Traksys, OSI PI, Factory Talk View, OPC Servers, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, latest equip- ment in DryProductsManufacturing.
Spanish Native language
German C2 Certificate by Goethe Institut
English C1 Certificate by Cambridge
French Basic understanding and reading
NOVEMBER 28, 2019 JORGE SCHARFHAUSEN · RÉSUMÉ 1
Final Degree Project Madrid, Spain
ROMERIN (INFRASTRUCTRE INSPECTION MODULAR ROBOT) 2018
• Modular spider-like robot with suction pads on its legs.
• Its functionality consists in the autonomous inspection of fuselage and buildings where humans could not reach.
• Developed the perception system of the robot, using a Kinect pointcloud and ROS. MNIST Handwritten Digits Contest Madrid, Spain
SELF-PROPOSED PROJECT 2019
• Image processing to recognize handwritten digits.
• Different types of artificial intelligence used: Self Organizing Maps, kNN, Bayes, Deep Neural Network...
• 97.9% of handwritten digits correctly classified. Autonomous AGV Madrid, Spain
MASTER’S DEGREE PROJECT 2019
• Creation of an Extended Kalman Filter to develop a SLAM algorithm for a simulated wheeled robot.
• Ready to be implemented in a hospital for guidance. Automated Warehouse Design Madrid, Spain
UNIVERSITY PROJECT 2018
• Design from scratch: layout, cell distribution, sensors, effectors, economical study, robots used.
• PLC programming of a cell using Siemens’ Step 7. Watering robot Madrid, Spain
UNIVERSITY PROJECT 2017
• Creation from scratch of a watering robot, using Arduino.
• 3D design, aluminum structure, wiring.
Videogame in Unity Development Madrid, Spain
UNIVERSITY PROJECT 2015
• Using OpenGL, Unity and C++.
• Platform-based videogame, with four levels of difficulty. NOVEMBER 28, 2019 JORGE SCHARFHAUSEN · RÉSUMÉ 2