Peter A. Landusco
Well established, innovative and result oriented professional with experience in all aspects of project and engagement management, business analysis and quality assurance with consistent success in achieving delivery goals. Significant experience in driving overall QA Operations inclusive of defining the QA roadmap, budgeting and technology evaluation. Harnessed technology to make better business decisions, improve efficiency and customer satisfaction. Strategic leader skilled in developing growth strategies and QA solutions to improve efficiency. Established hands-on management skills in managing the project team staff, developing and executing the project plan, managing the quality, timeline, and budget aspects while delivering the project successfully to the client. Strong analytical & interpersonal skills coupled with proven ability to structure complex problems and manage multiple business priorities. Maintains a high level of personal drive, confident nature and an aggressive attitude in achieving results. Technologies
MS Office, MS Project, PowerPoint, Cobol II, CICS, J2EE, SQL, SharePoint, HP’s PPM, HP's ALM Areas of Expertise
ü IT Strategic Planning & Leadership
ü Project Management & Governance
ü Budgeting / Resource Management
ü System Development Lifecycle
ü Documentation & Reporting
ü Resource Management
ü Articulate Oral and Written Communication
ü Quick Problem Resolution & Decision Making
ü Client Relationship Management
ü Business Process Management
ü Human Resource
ü Internal Consulting & Solution Delivery
ü Risk Management
ü Multitasking in fast-paced environments
ü Highly Organized and Strong Analytical Abilities Summary
Senior Quality Manager with over 10 years cross platform and multi industry experience; a seasoned Project leader with heavy transformation, process improvement, program office, and global team management expertise who brings a steady hand and deep understanding of business change initiatives.
Quality Management: Quality assurance; continuous improvement, SDLC, requirements management; Policy & Procedures
Software Testing: Extensive hands on experience in software testing across multi- platforms: mobile, web, data warehouse, client server, mainframe and test data management IT Strategy/ PMO: Business as usual operational processes: resource management; vendor management; budget, metrics and reporting; Project portfolios: prioritization, monitoring, financial reporting, risk management of projects; multi- sourcing strategy, near shore and offshore center enablement Business Sector Experience
IT Strategy/Business Analysis/ PMO:
Comprehensive knowledge of the business of Information Technology: Budgeting. Multi- sourcing strategy, near shore and offshore center enablement; Business as usual operational processes: resource management; vendor management; production support; Project portfolios: prioritization, monitoring, and financial reporting of projects. Quality Management:
Opportunistic approach to improve core processes: Systems Life Cycle Management, Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity, Change Management; Data Management. Definition of metrics, reviews, tests, controls, performance management and automation strategies to support evaluation mission to deliver high quality products. Holistic planning to ensure business objectives and technical implementation are aligned and dependencies are managed through project lifecycle Work Experience
Cognizant- Client Emblem Health 2016- Present
QCoE, Associate Director
• Provide planning, guidance and management of IT Quality Assurance and Business Analysis. Spearheaded and managed all phases of Quality Assurance function staffed globally; multi-site strategy leveraging local and offshore core teams, matrix regional resources and offshore centers.
• Providing guidance and leadership to the Business Analysis and Quality Assurance teams coaching, mentoring, reviewing work, setting schedules, etc.
• Review and mentor teams creating BRDs and TRDs, ensuring accuracy and alignment to projects based on needs, timeline and budget
• Responsible for end to end deliverables including Requirement Analysis, Test Plan and Review of scripts, Test execution, attending defect calls, preparation of different metrics, conducting retrospective meetings, team mentoring etc.
• Provided all Recommendation changes to policies and optimization procedures to ensure work activities align with the project roadmap and meet deadlines
• Established quality review of project artifacts; analyzed cross project interdependencies, external dependencies, and risks. Created quality reporting for project change/risk providing additional prospective beyond existing cost, schedule reporting. Facilitated business stakeholder meetings and executive steering committees
• Provide guidance to business leaders in end user acceptance test planning to align with critical operational requirements and processes
• Evolved the Quality Center of Excellence to support multi-project and cross functional programs. Provided training, implement measurement and metrics reporting. Aligned and integrated requirements management and test management process using HP- ALM and HP-PPM
• Triage calls performed daily to discuss and evaluate roadblocks and defects. Set up follow ups with IT and business to complete open tasks and provide/present reports for management to review on a daily and weekly basis.
• Mentor and review process for business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, workflow diagrams, interface designs, test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, test cases.
• Daily interaction with senior management, customers, reporting teams and consultants to ensure milestones are met and team challenges are addressed.
Emblem Health 2008- 2016
QCoE Sr. Manager
• Quality and release manager for Enterprise initiatives: NY Healthcare exchange, I 5010 migration and ICD-10.
• Implement and coordinate the Quality Assurance testing methodologies and practices required to support Software Development Life Cycle
• Review Business Requirements/Design Specifications, technical documentation to understand system architectural changes in order to create focused test plans and test cases
• Develop comprehensive testing plans for major site updates
• Participate in technical specification process to ensure resulting specifications are complete and testable and address the requested functional requirements
• Participate in design reviews/walkthroughs to provide QA input up front before software development begins (for high risk initiatives).
• Lead and facilitated meetings among business stakeholders, design teams, developers, and project managers to conduct code review and identify task dependencies
• Coordinate with QA team and work on identifying the test approach, test environment
• Involved in documentation of comprehensive test plans with well-defined, reusable test cases for new applications, test environment diagrams using Visio to show systems interaction and dependencies
• Prepare and validated test environments and ensured the testing environment is accurate and clean for conducting tests. Also ensure test environments match production hardware and configurations
• Ensure adequate operational alarms/events are present in systems under test
• Overseeing the development and implementation of IT related training programs and documentation efforts. Responsible for ensuring the appropriate training and documentation needs are being met
• Maintain, enforce, and measure the processes involved with testing of software changes, version control, and release management to ensure thorough functional testing environment
• Conduct software testing on multi-tier architecture to include database impacts, functional scenarios, regression testing, negative- positive testing, error/bug retests, operational tests, and usability on the company’s products as part of an overall development cycle
Pyxis Solutions, LLC 2004- 2008
Offshore Engagement Manager
• Managed the day-to-day activities of a functional team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing, as well as adherence to controls, e.g. ensuring accurate g/l and/or balance for daily pricing, including periodic compliance review
• Acted as operational day-to-day escalation point of contact for clients, addressing and resolving majority of client inquires at the point contact
• Worked with client managers to guide the overall direction, strategy, and management of the group, its processes and portfolio of work
• Ensured strategic day-to-day management and maintain successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts
• Inform management of new developments, service issues and new business opportunities
• Identify client needs proactively and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction
• Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
• Assist with workflow management and technology enhancements, make suggestions to streamline operations
• Participate in projects as well as prepare and verify information for those various projects/special requests as directed
• Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel
• Maintain working knowledge of overall process operating model and assist with deployment of operational changes