Darrack Stephens, Jr.
email@example.com • 315-***-**** • Atlanta, GA 30327 • http://www.linkedin.com/in/darrackstephens Business Analyst – Mutual Funds and Annuities
An analytical, dependable, self-motivated, results driven problem-solver with experience in maintaining large data files that have been used to accurately track company performance. Capable of operating and producing results in a structured or fast paced work environment. Seeking to secure a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational and communication skills. Relevant Experience
AXA EQUITABLE FUNDS MANAGEMENT GROUP, LLC • New York, NY Financial protection company with over $640 billion in assets under management; specializes in life insurance, mutual fund, and variable annuity products.
Lead Associate – Business Analyst (September 2015 – August 2019)
• Utilized Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP formulas in Microsoft Excel to manipulate/consolidate data necessary to create $150 billion net asset summaries by product and fund, cutting time spent on identifying associated reports’ inconsistencies in half
• Partnered with C-level leaders to improve communication systems and technologies for more effective interaction. Successful comparative analysis of various mobile and office applications led to cost-saves of $500,000
• Extracted data from Microsoft Access to gather, review, and communicate information on AXA’s Proprietary Funds and Trusts to internal and external stakeholders, which helped expedite communication to stakeholders and significantly helped the manager to re-prioritize time toward other pressing matters
• Created and maintained several large comprehensive asset files, each containing 10,000+ underlying funds, to facilitate the identification of anomalies and optimize product analysis time by 50%
• First to use in-house database software as a tool to research 8,000+ underlying funds. Enhanced the tool within a 6-month period by reconciling discrepancies and providing feedback to creators Education and Skills
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Bachelor of General Studies: Emphasis in Business, Communication, & Sociology Graduation Date: May 2015
-Customer Service -Detail-oriented -High Proficiency Microsoft Office -Bloomberg Terminal
-In-house Database Software -Data Analysis -Executive Reporting -Public Speaking Relevant Coursework
Finance 4020: Investments (August 2014 - December 2014)
• Studied portfolio theory and applied empirical evidence to asset pricing models that were relevant for investing
• Completion of the Bloomberg Essentials Certification Program (BESS) Finance 3300: Personal Risk Management and Insurance (August 2014 - December 2014)
• Emphasis on the intelligent handling of risk: homeowner, health, life, auto, and liability risks are studied Agricultural Economics 3224: New Products Marketing (August 2014 - December 2014)
• Built complete marketing plan for a fictitious product to develop skills in market analysis and financial evaluation.
• Identified/Presented 40+ key product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats among vague information Honors & Service
Mary White Ovington Outstanding Freshman Award (May 2011)
• Awarded to freshman with strong leadership skills who is actively involved on campus Vasey Academy Scholar (January 2011 - Present)
• Received a one-time $1,000 scholarship and admission into a course designed to build students’ professional skills