Zachary Misener email@example.com
Data Analyst 503-***-****
Portland, OR https://www.linkedin.com/in/zachary-misener/ Qualiﬁcations
• Keen sense of detail and meticulous in obtaining information and analyzing data whether it is for analysis, quality control, data management or basic literature search on topics that will help with reporting and decision making.
• Experienced in data analysis, results reporting, and technical problem resolution using SQL queries.
• Microsoft Oﬃce - Advanced Excel: PowerPivot, Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, array functions, and VBA.
• Can write and edit basic html.
• Experience with SSRS, visual studio, PowerBI, Cognos, Hyperion, TM1, Anaplan, Python, and R. Work Experience
Sr. Financial Analyst KinderCare, Portland, OR, Jun 2018 - Present
• Revised and standardized various KPIs.
• Redesigned company wide scorecard for easier use and understanding as well as increased accuracy.
• Analyzed the results of several marketing campaigns and recommended improvements to methodology based on results.
• Redesigned AR reporting and developed logic for identifying families to be emailed regarding outstanding accounts.
• Helped in QA and UAT of new company wide reporting system.
• Revitalized several old and defunct reports with new logic and visuals. Reporting Analyst Genesis Financial Solutions, Beaverton, OR Jun 2016 – March 2018
• Constructed SQL Queries, Procedures, and Tables.
• Built and maintained reports using Report Builder, Visual Studio, SSMS, SSRS, Power BI and Excel.
• Clariﬁed and standardized deﬁnitions for reports used across the company.
• Created a report that was applicable to all partners, summarizing their business on a monthly basis by day and location with both a Year-to-Date and Month-over-Month comparison.
• Revolutionized end of month processes for Operations department, automating a suite of reports that took several days to run in excel. They now run instantly with the push of a button.
• Performed integration and adaptation of reports from partner companies.
• Used Agile methodology to organize and prioritize workﬂow. Team Leader/Data Analyst Dynamic Edge, Ann Arbor, MI Nov 2014 – Feb 2016
• Inspected, cleaned, transformed model raw data from an SQL server to create descriptive and easy to read Business Intelligence reports that illustrated the processes, eﬃciency, and performance of the business toward meeting clients' needs and using this analysis to advise the leadership team including curating updates to a details dashboards.
• Daily responsibilities involved a combination of managerial and data driven work including presenting and communicating with management, project planning and schedule development, analysis and status reporting, providing quality assurance metrics, reconciling baseline activities, directing team activities and generating team reviews.
• Experience in creating requirements documents, designing database tables and triggers, constructing employee review tools and procedures as well as PTO request processes and documentation, thorough user acceptance testing, deploying applications, producing user documentation and maintaining deployed applications.
• Weekly presentations on data documentation, team eﬃciency maximization, diagnosing issues within the company, and to curate solutions to any outstanding issues. Lead Shift Coordinator/Remote Monitoring Manager
Republic Parking Systems, Ann Arbor, MI Sep 2012 – Nov 2014
• Created a Business Intelligence report that cataloged, prepared, and presented data based on SQL data from various tables dealing with vehicle ﬂow, gate activity, and ticket sales.
• Created Macros for interactive dashboard used by several other employees.
• Supported 70 employees by providing solutions and enforcing company policy, while coordinating local and remote employee schedules and responding to any questions or concerns received from on duty staﬀ.
• Assigned shift duties, performed queue management, coordinated coverage and breaks at multiple locations.
• Networked with all departments and was solely responsible for remote oﬃce management.
• Created standard operating procedures, wrote technical documentation for training purposes, as well as maintained updated policies for the command center.
Achievements and Document Design
• Upgraded and completely redesigned reports and documentation utilizing the existing data in inventive ways for Republic Parking, Dynamic Edge, and Genesis Financial Solutions.
• Identiﬁed a solution at Republic Parking for transforming a report that took two weeks to run to take only two days.
• Created, researched, and improved on training materials for both Republic Parking and Dynamic Edge.
• Built multiple excel based tools for personnel management at Genesis Financial, Republic Parking, and Dynamic Edge including Dynamic Team Schedules, Attendance documents, Time Oﬀ Logs, and Employee Review templates. Education
Bachelor of Science - Recreation and Development, Minor in Communication Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 2005 – 2010
• Explored ways to combine and strengthen skills while learning to organize events, data, and people.
• As a communication minor, I have a thorough foundation in, and understanding of, the interaction between people as individuals and groups and the necessary components to facilitate fruitful correspondence. References
Genesis Financial Services
Genesis Financial Services
Genesis Financial Services
KinderCare Learning Centers