firstname.lastname@example.org Home: Cell: 801-***-****
Engineering Team Lead - OODA Health Aug 2019 - Present
● Promoted from Lead Software Engineer in Test to Engineering Team Lead
● Building OODA’s first quality engineering program which encourages all stakeholders, devs, qe’s, design, sre, pms, security, compliance, and customer service to contribute to and own software quality & testing together as a company from idea inception to production implementation
● Championing incremental process changes aimed at baking quality into everything we do as a company
● Personally recruited, built, trained, led and then integrated a team of QE Engineers and an Application Security Specialist across multiple development & security teams
● Created new operational synthetics to monitor critical services and paths
● Integrating frameworks into GitLab pipelines which leverage Docker, AWS & Kubernetes
● Expanding backend & frontend automation testing by leveraging Visual AI & bots
● Supported two new product launches to the health marketplace Lead SDET - Adobe Oct 2015 - Aug 2019
● Started as an SDET - Promoted to DevOps and then Lead SDET
● Led automation efforts across multiple teams.
● Built a new Ruby API BDD automation framework using Cucumber and RSpec.
● Enhanced Jenkins CI/CD pipeline validation.
● Built out reporting and metrics.
● Proactively improved development processes to "build quality in" throughout the SDLC.
● Worked with developers to write unit tests, expand code analysis and improve code quality.
● Worked on deployment enhancements, build server jobs and environment validation.
● Worked on a critical initiative to provide core services to the Adobe Marketing Cloud platform. Owner – Principal SDET & Software Quality Leader – SQA Inc. Apr. 2010 – Dec. 2018
● Directly led the efforts of single and multiple teams of engineers.
● Directed engineering departments to adopt agile processes and automation to deliver quality-driven products.
● Created new API automation frameworks using Ruby or Java.
● Developed risk management and product monitoring strategies. Director Software Quality – Numetric June 2015 - Oct. 2015
● Created and built the QA department from scratch.
● Established testing processes across the entire company.
● Led and directed all automation, QA, release management and several PM initiatives.
● Recognized for PM and QA initiatives that directly led to the successful release of our first major application.
● Trained developers and QA engineers on QA process and automation best practices.
● Optimized and enhanced existing TestRail, Jira and Bamboo systems. Lead SDET - Micro Focus (Formerly Novell) Nov. 2014 - June 2015
● Led Novell through a transition from Waterfall to Agile software development processes.
● Lead Android, iOS and Windows Phone testing for Novel Filr, Vibe, and Messenger.
● Developed Java-based automation framework for Android testing. SDET - LogMeIn (Formerly Jive Communications) Sept. 2014 – Nov. 2014
● Programmed complex solutions in Java for a new home-baked phone test automation framework.
● Handled fullstack development and release to production.
● Mentored QA professionals on QA best practices and automation. Software Engineer - Digicert Jan. 2014 – Sept. 2014
● Developed, documented and tested new RESTful controllers using PHP.
● Created and fixed complex SQL queries utilizing nested select statements, joins, inserts and updates.
● Recognized for working closely with QA to enhance test automation framework and processes.
● Recognized for elevating the marketing department's code standards via thorough code reviews. Senior QA Project Manager - Vivint Aug. 2012 – Jan. 2014
● Started as a QA Engineer - Promoted to SDET then Senior QA Project Manager
● Built, led and directed Vivint's first internal software quality assurance program.
● Set automation coding standards and mentored team members.
● Recognized for QA and PM initiatives that directly led to the successful release of Insider, Arena and several new Vivint software applications.
● Recognized for my dedication, loyalty, and hard work to build QA into the development process.
● Recognized for training, engineering education, and leadership.
● Developed automated RESTful web services testing.
● Created Vivint's first UI automation regression suite in C# using the Selenium Web Driver library.
● Debugged and recommended fixes for various defects in our C# codebase. Software Automation Engineer - USANA Health Sciences Mar. 2010 – Aug 2012
● Created & defined USANA's first software automation role.
● Actively influenced USANA's development process to embrace Agile, in place of Waterfall.
● Coded USANA's first automated regression testing suite in JScript using TestComplete.
● Assisted in coding a new Java-based Selenium framework for UI and performance Automation.
● Wrote simple queries using Oracle SQL.
● Recognized for training engineers on automation and quality assurance best practices.
● Wrote test plans, test cases, automation test suites, and training documentation.
● Designed test plans, wrote test cases and created new Selenium test scripts.
● Designed and implemented a new virtual test lab through VMWare.
● Completed manual and automated black-box testing of a .Net SaaS based product.
● Vetted customer feedback and product interactions.
● Wrote customer-facing product documentation.
Previous Tech Support, Sys Admin & Sales roles can be found on LinkedIn Education
Stevens Henager College — Salt Lake City, UT 2007 - 2010 Bachelors of Computer Science
Magna Cum Laude
Utah Valley University — Orem, UT 2005 - 2007
Bachelors of Computer Science
Magna Cum Laude