US Citizen with more than a decade of experience on the iOS platform, with Swift and ObjectiveC, and over 25 years overall experience working on Apple platforms in the payment processing, travel/entertainment, retail, personal ﬁnance, and professional creative industries, conceiving, designing, architecting and implementing consumer facing, highly interactive, visually rich native solutions on iOS and MacOS. Many of these projects have garnered awards and high praise from customers. I enjoy thinking "outside the box" and devising innovative solutions and approaches to the challenges of software development. I especially enjoy working on highly reusable components for building ﬂexible and dynamic software. I’m looking for remote or Jacksonville, Florida area opportunities. Technical Summary
• Strengths: Designing and delivering highly reusable, elegant, and scalable solutions. Full software product lifecycle, Solid understanding of usability and interaction design issues
• Frameworks: CocoaTouch (UIKit, Foundation, CoreData, WebKit, MapKit, WatchKit, GameKit, and more), Cocoa (AppKit, Foundation, WebKit), Carbon (AppleScript, CoreFoundation, CoreGraphics, HIToolkit)
• Tools: Xcode, Interface Builder, XCTest
• Platforms: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Mac OS
• Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, etc
Lead iOS Engineer, Salido 8/2019 - Present
• Support enterprise distribution iOS client PointOfSale app used daily in client restaurant operations. Lead iOS Engineer, Ambulnz 12/2018 - 8/2019
• Support enterprise distribution iOS client app used daily in mission critical non-emergency ambulance dispatching and tracking. Senior iOS Software Engineer, Medable 2/2018 - 10/2018
• Support iOS client app and SDK work on direct-to-patient, clinical research, and health care provider solutions.
• Refactor from existing code and develop new code into reusable libraries used by a variety of different AppStore products Senior iOS Software Engineer, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Technology 6/2013 - 2/2018
• Architected ground-up native iOS rewrite of My Disney Experience for Walt Disney World – guest facing companion app for visitors to Walt Disney World. App is used over 100,000 times each day throughout the year.
• Lead Engineer and primary technical resource for core reusable components used by dozens of on and off-site developers to develop app in 7 months.
• Designed the architecture to be scalable and efﬁcient. The app has since been successfully redeployed to cover all ﬁve Disney Parks worldwide without major architectural changes.
Senior iOS Software Engineer, General UI (contracted through TekSystems) 2/2013 - 5/2013
• Oversaw completion and deployed social photo sharing app for AppStore release.
• Investigated and implemented techniques for wrapping web-based apps in webView and enhancing with native functionality such as camera barcode scanning, contacts, FaceBook and Twitter sharing APIs with goal of creating toolkit for extending webApps with native functionality and native-like responsiveness.
Senior iOS Software Engineer, Deloitte Digital (formerly Übermind) 12/2008 - 1/2013
• Responsible for designing and developing various iPhone and iPad applications.
• Extended work on iPhone and iPad apps for major retailer, involving complex server interactions, multiple UX and design iterations, new versions pushed to AppStore approximately every 3-4 months for over two years.
• Other projects included lightweight client/front-end for secure and highly ﬂexible “cloud”-based database system, ﬂexible e-commerce solution, high-end 3D imaging client system, and several others.
• Fluent with Xcode & Interface Builder, as well as UIKit, Foundation, MapKit, CoreData, GameKit messaging, and more. James F. Rodden
Senior iOS Engineer, email@example.com, 408-***-****
Senior Software Engineer, BitTorrent 03/2008 - 11/2008
• Responsible for designing and developing Mac version of µTorrent.
• Tasked with creating a compelling user experience to attract installed base from rival BitTorrent implementations on Mac. Staﬀ Software Engineer for Mac Products, Sling Media 11/2006 - 11/2007
• Took over code-base ported from Windows implementation and drove various stability and interface improvements in preparation for public release of the software.
• Worked closely with internal design team lacking Mac expertise and experience to educate the team and overhaul the user experience to conform to Mac standards and customer expectations.
• Coordinated both the engineering and quality assurance efforts with offshore in-house team. Senior Software Engineer, 3Dconnexion 04/2005 - 09/2006
• Led team responsible for overall design and implementation of the NuLOOQ tooldialTM software, a productivity enhancement utility tar- geted at the 2D creative professional market, principally users of the Adobe Creative Suite 2.
• Contributed to overall architecture, design, prototyping, implementation of user interface, and porting for eventual distribution on Win- dows platform.
Senior Software Engineer, Intuit 03/2001 - 03/2005
• Worked as part of small team responsible for the design, implementation, release and maintenance of Quicken for Mac in schedule-driven environment.
• Successfully introduced and integrated adoption of several Mac OS X technologies including DataBrowser, CarbonEvents, Carbon- Timers, CoreFoundation, and Interface Builder into legacy code based upon a proprietary application framework.
• Worked on modernization and improved factoring of various aspects of the application and created a foundation for future remake of signiﬁcant portions of user experience.
• Improved integration and layering of proprietary and commercial frameworks. Software Engineer, User Experience Engineering, Apple, Inc. 10/1995 - 02/2001
• Principally designed and solely engineered several components for various system software releases from Mac OS 8.0 through Mac OS X, including: DataBrowser Control and API for Carbon - Mac OS X, Application Switcher - Mac OS 8.5, Desktop Printer Scripting - Mac OS 8.5, Mac OS Setup Assistant - Mac OS 8.
• Worked closely with Human Interface designers to deﬁne and reﬁne overall user experience.
• Contributed to design and implementation of internal lightweight framework used by multiple system software components, focused on improving user experience and system conﬁguration.
• Worked with other internal teams to assess requirements and design API. Served as primary tech support contact for internal and exter- nal clients and worked with technical writer to produce developer documentation. Summer Intern/Contractor, Apple, Inc. 06/1994 - 09/1995
• As intern for Advanced Technology Group, incorporated 3D rendering features using QuickDraw 3D into experimental multimedia tool- building technology (SK8).
• As intern for Developer University, designed and developed self-paced courseware development and delivery system. Surveyed and se- lected available technologied, designed an open architecture for course authoring, management, and presentation.
• As contractor for Developer University, continued internship work to develop self-paced HTML course delivery system and conversion tools. Converted several online courses for web delivery. Advocate of Apple’s ﬁrst use of the web for publishing educational content. Patent
6,473,102 Method and system for automatically resizing and repositioning windows in response to changes in display Education
Master of Science and Bachelor of Arts: Computer and Information Sciences, University of California at Santa Cruz