Nurse Care Coordinator
Pediatric Clinic - Vancouver, WA
January 2019 to Present
• Coordinate care for Health Home patients in Clark and Cowlitz counties.
• Contact clients via phone and in-person to schedule, and assist in client management of appointments, wait list, information, and documentation.
• Maintain electronic medical records (EMR) and schedule within program standards
• Enter progress notes with a high level of accuracy and efficiency, within multiple software programs
• Complete client insurance and Medicaid eligibility for existing clients monthly; and for new clients, in advance of appointments
• Assist coworkers to navigate software and other agency platforms. Report bugs/issues to IT for service tickets
• Manage and maintain physical medical records and EMR files, within program standards.
• Ensure high quality of customer service as defined by program manager and organization
• Maintain a high degree of client and employee confidentiality under HIPAA standards
• Serve as administrative back up for Family Support Coordinator as assigned
• Complete administrative duties as assigned, for department and organization
• Provide a broad range of support to program management and employees
• Assist in the coordination of department volunteer activities as assigned
• Assist with general program area projects and office needs as assigned
• Attend and participate in meetings and trainings as requested
• Adhere to safe work practices and procedures.
January 2018 to April 2019
Experienced nurse (LPN) one term away from completing B.S. in healthcare management and informatics, with special focus on quality improvement, patient safety, and staff development using technology. Professional Profile: Strong foundation in nursing skills, customer service, computer applications; complemented by knowledge of business office operations and teamwork. Track record of initiative, work ethic, and time management – seeking out independent projects, expanding job description boundaries, helping team members, and promoting positive environments to foster learning and growth.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
• Responsible for an assigned caseload of residents and provides direct care, which included facilitating social and emotional needs, supervising medication schedules and evaluating resident progress.
• Collaborated with a variety of interdisciplinary professionals to determine and provide the best possible care for residents.
• Educated resident's family about them and the residents to return to a productive environment.
• Trained new staff on EMR and MAR; reset passwords and log-in when appropriate; elevated complex application issues by submitting to ticket system.
• Provided social support for residents by creating and encouraging patients to take advantage of opportunities such as support groups, social activities and other therapeutic measures as well as participates with residents where appropriate. LPN
Live a Legacy Vent Care - Vancouver, WA
September 2017 to November 2017
• Assisted with medical management of patients with trach and ventilator needs: wound care, medication administration, diabetes management, etc.
• Document data related to MAR/TAR and prog notes into EMR; generate reports for PCP, family or D.O.N. upon request.
• Contribute to and support team members in medical processes and decision-making.
• Answer phones, fax RXs, scan documents, receive medications from Pharm, schedule appointments, file papers, order supplies, etc.
Bridgeway Recovery Services - Salem, OR
December 2016 to June 2017
Provided nursing care to inpatient detox patients and administered medications per facility policies. Hourly VS, charting in electronic medical records, faxing Rx to pharmacy and answering phones. LPN Charge Nurse
Dallas Retirement Village - Dallas, OR
May 2015 to December 2015
• Monitored 40 residents and managed 4 CNAs on two skilled halls; updating health information and progress of treatment.
• Documented data related to patient care including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses to treatment changes in EMR. Contributed meaningful information to BSN for case management purposes.
• Assisted w/maintenance of care plans.
• Office duties: composed/faxed paperwork, filing, data entry, phones, assisted to develop training manuals, stock/inventory lists, etc.
• Trained CNAs and new nurses within scope of practice. Physician Tutor
Scribes STAT - Portland, OR
July 2013 to September 2013
• Assisted physicians and RNs learn/ navigate newly implemented electronic medical records (McKesson, Paragon) during go-live period.
• Facilitated communication between IT and hospital departments to transition positively to the software. Initiated contact between implementation supervisor and department Charge Nurses. CNA2
Salem Health, An OHSU Partner - Salem, OR
August 2010 to April 2013
• Unit assistant to nurses, therapists and MDs in acute inpatient psychiatry dept of the hospital.
• Basic nursing skills: EKG, bladder scans, CBGs, VS and any other duties assigned within scope of practice. Charted in EMR daily.
• Trained new employees; oriented student nurses to environment.
• Assisted coworkers navigate email, intranet and EMR (EPIC) when problems arose. Talked staff/coworkers through a series of actions, f-2-f or via phone to set up systems or resolve computing issues.
• Provided support to staff, including designing diagrams & written instructions and procedural documentation and relevant reports to support the rollout of new applications during Go-Live periods.
• Assisted patients to identify community resources and to devise after-care plans to follow after discharge. ED Tech
St Charles Hospital - Bend, OR
November 2008 to August 2010
• Performed basic nursing care in the emergency dept of the hospital: EKG, bladder scans, CBGs, VS and any other duties assigned within scope of practice.
• Charted in EMR daily. Chart audits, prog notes, helicopter patient retrieval, bedside assist to ER docs/RNs.
• Managed station activities, including: patient assistance, charting in EMRs (Cerner, Tier, McKesson), faxed paperwork, answer phones, etc.
• Unit tasks: admission/discharge paperwork, intake screening, customer service, etc.
• Performed chart audits of physicians, county social workers, and nurses to ensure compliance and emailed results directly to staff for resolution.
• Provided support, including following written instructions and procedural documentation to comply with new EMR rollouts.
• Contributed to testing and evaluating of new technologies.
• Responded to hospital-wide emergency/codes, performing duties according to protocol for specific emergent situations. EDUCATION
Bachelor's- current student in Healthcare Management w/minor in Informatics Oregon Institute of Technology - Wilsonville, OR
June 2015 to Present
Associate in General Studies
Central Oregon Community College - Bend, OR
June 2013 to December 2015
LPN in Nursing
Valley Medical College - Salem, OR
February 2011 to March 2012
Administrative Support (5 years)
Adobe CC (6 years)
EKG (3 years)
Bladder scan (5 years)
Documentation (10+ years)
Data Entry (10+ years)
Excel (4 years)
Electronic Medical Records (7 years)
Web Design (4 years)
Web Development (4 years)
Conflict Resolution (4 years)
Healthcare (10+ years)
Visio (1 year)
Visual Basic (1 year)
Flash animation (1 year)
Powerpoint (10+ years)
Photoshop (5 years)
Medical Terminology (10+ years)
Microsoft Project (1 year)
Epic (4 years)
McKesson Paragon (1 year)
Cerner (2 years)
CareLogic (1 year)
Tier EMR (3 years)
ProAct (3 years)
Digital Photography (5 years)
Teamwork (10+ years)
Typing (10+ years)
Training (2 years)
Kaizen (3 years)
Organizational Skills (10+ years)
Desktop Publishing (10+ years)
Google Docs (5 years)
General Office Skills (10+ years)
Indesign (1 year)
ITIL (1 year)
Patient Care (10+ years)
Quickbooks (2 years)
Receptionist (2 years)
Sharepoint (3 years)
Social Networking (5 years)
SQL (Less than 1 year)
User Interface Design (1 year)
Windows (10+ years)
Wordpress (3 years)
Webex (1 year)
ACEs (4 years)
Trauma informed care
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
August 2012 to June 2021
LPN license with OR OSBN
December 2017 to June 2020
WA state license
Electronic Medical Records: Best Practices — Expert February 2020
Knowledge of EMR data, associated privacy regulations, and best practices for EMR use. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_to_profile/ 9bc39392194708d72d9d48f95eeb4f4beed53dc074545cb7
Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.
Completed 09/2019 • 1h 25m
Program: PMI® Provider ID: #4101
Certificate No: AaQ7I2lquSiiT3MeaJjwWzbmU4iPDUs
Completed 09/2019 • 1h 25m
Program: PMI® Provider ID: #4101
Certificate No: AT_7CXv9ljhxDsHKAZizmem-ZRXj
Human Resources Foundations
Completed 08/2019 • 1h 25m
Program: HR Certification Institute® Provider ID: #604152 Certificate No: Aa29chz--AiAUXYy-51zIgGGwsrx
Project Management Simplified
Completed on 04/2019 • 1h 25m
Program: PMI® Provider ID: #4101
Certificate No: AWmtjNGqEuh_3PvS4axWYlC3aK_l
Microsoft Project 2016 Essential Training
Completed 01/2019 • 5h 25m
Program: PMI® Provider ID: #4101
Certificate No: ATN646IvQL5xq0AiP4t3op1TEx1O
SQL Essential Training (2014)
Completed: 06/2018 • 3h 27m
Certificate No: 9868FBA8B93943F08B3F96A1FA484436
LEAN Foundations (Project Management Institute)
Completed: 06/2018 • 1h 36m, CEUs : 2.80
Certificate No: 01168604745B4A8BA7CBF066957A150C
Requirements Elicitation and Analysis
Completed: 04/2018, PDUs : 1.25
Program: PMI® Provider ID: #4101
Certificate No: 036548190E904F41BEBA0A2F39184CE2
Tableau 10 for Data Scientists
Completed: 03/2018 • 2h 24m
Certificate No: AA04196C379B49F5A1AD74B678472931
Crystal Reports 2016 Essential Training
Completed: 03/2018 • 4h 6m
Certificate No: 96889CA4E85B44989BCE4CC691F5E966
Customer Service: Serving Internal Customers
Updated: 02/2018 • Completed: 12/2017 • 43m 4s
Certificate No: 64EA529FEA2E4A5E88E3FD0D410B99BB
Learning JIRA Software
Completed: 01/2018 • 1h 7m
Certificate No: 400C6EC8C28740159CC5557F4C29A49F
• 1/17/2020 Webinar 2 Monthly Client Portal and CCW Benefits training / Zane Fleming / Centene
• 1/15/2020 Webinar 2 Prior Authorization Request for Sign Language Interpreters / HCA of WA
• 12/19/2019 Webinar 1 Foundational Community Supports, Updates, Resources, Tools and Technical Assistance to address social determinants of health / HCA of WA
• 12/13/2019 Webinar 1 Trauma informed approaches in Provder / HCA of WA
• 12/11/2019 Webinar 1 Annual Program Integrity Training Webinar / HCA of WA
• 11/14/2019 Webinar 1.5 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training / DSHS/Molina
• 11/11/2019 Webinar 1.5 Molina Training: CCA Enhancements/HEDIS Measures Training / Sara Ashley, Molina
• 10/30/2019 Classroom 6 Molina Training Sara Ashley, Molina HH in Vancouver, WA
• 10/29/2019 Webinar 1 HCA First Steps First Steps Maternity Support Services (MSS) and Infant Case Management
(ICM): Challenging Behaviors / Monica Oxford, PhD, University of WA
• 10/11/2019 Classroom 1.5 Training: DDA/ Amanda Sherry / DDA1 Supervisor, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
• 10/10/2019 Webinar 1.5 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training / Molina
• 10/2/2019 Webinar 1 Public Charge HCA community partners / HCA
• 9/26/2019 Classroom 8 Person Centered Training / DSHS
• 9/25/2019 Classroom 8 Person Centered Training / DSHS
• 9/23/2019 Webinar 1 Molina CCO / Sara Ashley, Molina
• 9/19/2019 Webinar 1 Office of Consumer Partnerships September Webinar / Keri Waterland, the new DBHR Director
• 9/12/2019 Webinar 1 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training/ DSHS, HCA
• 9/4/2019 Webinar 1 Integrated Managed Care (IMC) Training / Molina: Sara Ashley
• 9/3/2019 Webinar 1 "The Influence of Prenatal to Age 3: Utilizing a Multisectoral Approach to Achieve Positive Maternal and Child Health Outcomes" / Build Initiative
• 8/29/2019 Webinar 1.5 Webinar: Adolescent Behavioral Healthcare Act HB 1874 / HCA
• 8/29/2019 Webinar 1 Reset Your Schedule for School: How to Create a Calmer, Happier, Easier RoutineADDitude / ADHD Experts
• 8/28/2019 Webinar 1 Integrated Managed Care Training-Molina Molina Presented by Sara Ashley
• 8/27/2019 Webinar 0.5 Managing Truth Decay in the Intersection of Logic and Emotion
• 8/26/2019 Webinar 1 Integrated Managed Care Training-Molina Molina Presented by Sara Ashley
• 8/22/2019 Webinar 1 TRANSFORM Webinar #4: Best Practices for Child Forensic Interviewing / Faith VanMeter, PhD University of Minnesota
• 8/16/2019 Webinar 1 Coordinated Care training webinar
• 8/14/2019 Webinar 1 Trauma and Nutrition: The FST Nutrition Technique
• 8/14/2019 Webinar 1 Integrated Care Collaborative: Introductory Webinar
• 8/13/2019 Webinar 1 Teaching Executive Functions to Children with ADHD: A Course for Teachers (and Parents)
• 8/8/2019 Webinar 1 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training
• 7/30/2019 Webinar 0.5 Molina Health Homes Update
• 7/30/2019 Webinar 1 Opportunities for Survivors of Trafficking through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
• 7/24/2019 Webinar 1 Trauma-Informed Services and Policies to Support Immigrant and Mixed Status Families in Early Care and Education: Promising practices and strategies for policy and legislation is in progress.
• 7/24/2019 Webinar 1 Sexually Transmitted Infections: 2 Part Webinar Series
• 7/22/2019 Webinar 1 ICRC Social Connectedness -- Suicide Prevention
• 7/16/2019 Webinar 1 Safety First Before Trauma Treatment: The FST Trauma Safety Playbook
• 7/11/2019 Webinar 1.5 Trauma-Informed Services and Policies to Support Immigrant and Mixed Status Families in Early Care and Education: Trauma-Informed Approach to Working with Providers and Families
• 7/11/2019 Webinar 2 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training: Personality Disorders
• 7/10/2019 Webinar 0.5 New Molina Health Home Due Diligence Process Training-Option 3
• 7/3/2019 Webinar 0.5 New Molina Health Home Due Diligence Process Training-Option 1
• 6/25/2019 Webinar 1 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Training: Due Diligence
• 6/25/2019 Webinar 1 Beyond Shame and Guilt: Transformative Strategies for Women with ADD 6/13/2019 Webinar 2 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training
• 6/12/2019 Webinar 1 Preventing Suicide by Promoting Social Connectedness: Promoting Social Connectedness through Faith Communities
• 6/12/2019 Webinar 1 Becoming a Trauma Informed Organization to Meet the Needs of Increasingly Complex Clients in Child Welfare
• 6/6/2019 Webinar 1 WA low income housing alliance: Organizing for Implementation of HB 1406 in Your Community
• 6/5/2019 Webinar 1 The National Housing Law Project: HUD’s Proposed Rule on Mixed Status Families
• 5/30/2019 Webinar 1.5 Addressing Domestic Violence in Early Childhood Education Programs
• 5/23/2019 Webinar 1.5 Immigration and trauma: Trauma-informed services and Policies to Support Immigrant and Mixed- status Families in Early Care and Education: Impacts of Immigration Trauma on the Health and Development of Young Children
• 5/23/2019 Webinar 1 All the Feels: An ADHD Guide to Emotional Dysregulation and Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria
• 5/22/2019 Webinar 1 Becoming a Trauma Informed Organization to Meet the Needs of Increasingly Complex Clients in Child Welfare
• 5/15/2019 Webinar 1 Invisible Dangers: Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries and Strangulation in Women Experiencing Intimate Partner Violence
• 5/14/2019 Webinar 1 The ICRC-S Webinar Series: Preventing Suicide through Social Connectedness
• 5/9/2019 Webinar 1.5 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training Social Security Disabilities Training 5/7/2019 Classroom 1 Health Home Care Coordination Meeting
• 5/3/2019 Webinar 1 The ICRC-S Webinar Series: Promoting Connectedness for Veterans and Active Duty Military Personnel Confirmation
• 4/29/2019 Webinar 1 Family Engagement: Partnering With Families to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes
• 4/24/2019 Webinar 1 Trauma-Informed Services and Policies to Support Immigrant and Mixed Status Families in Early Care and Education: An Overview of Immigration Policy and Trauma 4/23/2019 Classroom 8 Molina Health Homes
• 4/16/2019 Webinar 2 Behavioral Health Advisory Board To bring the Consumer’s Voice and other regional experts together to advise key organizations on Behavioral Health and Holistic care concerns in our community
• 4/11/2019 Webinar 2 Health Home Care Coordinators and Allied Staff Monthly Training Office of Indian Policy
• 4/9/2019 Webinar 0.5 Engaging Career Paths for Teens and Young Adults with ADHD
• 3/28/2019 Webinar 1 The Power of Play: Theraplay’s Approach to Trauma-Informed Intervention
• 3/26/2019 Webinar 1The ADHD-Depression Connection in Adults: Understanding the Link, Distinct Symptoms, and First- Line Treatments
• 3/22/2019 Webinar 1 Crossroads of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Developmental Disabilities
• 3/12/2019 Webinar 1 Everything in Its Place: The ADHD Guide to Better Organization
• 3/12/2019 Webinar 1 Cultural and Disability Competence Considerations
• 3/12/2019 Webinar 1 Outreach and Engagement Strategies
• 3/12/2019 Webinar 1 Coaching and Engaging Clients with Mental Health Needs 3/11/2019 Webinar 0.5 Suicide Prevention in Youth
• 3/11/2019 Webinar 1.5 ATSA Task Force on Child Sexual Behavior Problems
• 3/5/2019 Webinar 1 CROSSROADS of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Developmental Disabilities
• 3/1/2019 Webinar 2.5 Hard-To-Reach Populations: Innovative Strategies To Engage People With Mental Health Conditions Or Substance Use Disorders
• 2/28/2019 Webinar 1 The Exercise Rx for ADHD: How Movement Improves Attention, Working Memory, and Executive Functions
• 2/28/2019 Webinar 1 The ICRC-S Webinar Series: Promoting Connectedness for youth through Social Networks
• 2/26/2019 Webinar 8 Trauma Informed Care ACEs Training
• 2/22/2019 Classroom 8 Molina Health Homes 2/20/2019 Webinar 2.5 CCW Platform and Internal Operations Training
• 2/14/2019 Classroom 8 HCA 2/15/2019 Classroom 8 HCA 2/12/2019 Webinar 1 Advance Planning Document
• 01/2018 Action Now! Assuring Quality Clinical Practice Experiences for All Nurses • WA Department of Health
• 01/2018 Conquer Cost: Reduce Readmissions & Complications With Patient Education • Healthwise
• 01/2018 How to Improve EMR Use in Your Healthcare Organization • Cornerstone
• 12/2017 EHRs and Clinical Workflow: Striking the Right Balance • FierceHealthIT
• 12/2017 Chronic Care Management: Overcoming Barriers to Success and Ensuring ROI • FierceHealthIT
• 06/2017 Healthcare Analytics: Modeling the Future • Health Leaders Media
• 01/2017 FHIR for Clinicians: How to Blaze through FHIR healthIT Projects • Orion Health
• 11/2016 Hybrid Cloud Outcomes: Transforming Research IT to Personalized Outcomes • Healthcare Informatics (Avere and Amazon Web Services)
• 11/2016 FHIR Enterprise Integration Engine for Large Scale Interoperability • Orion Health
• 09/2016 Keeping Patient Information Secure & Nurse at the Bedside: 4 Trends for Tech in Clinical Care • Healthcare Informatics (Vocera)
• 08/2016 FHIR—Sparking Innovation in Health Information Sharing • Orion Health