Phone: +1-304-***-**** E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/darshin-patel-546744137 Profession summary
• Performance driven Mechanical engineer with over 3 years of experience in design & manufacturing engineering having strong skills in various tools.
• Certified Lean Six Sigma green belt engineer and certified SolidWorks associate – CSWA (Dassault systems).
• Having deep amount of knowledge in manufacturing & quality check using different six sigma tools.
• Expertise in Conceptual and Detail designing, Sheet Metal, Surfacing, Weldments, and GD&T modules
• Proficient in designing 2D/3D models, creating drawings & performing FEA using ANSYS Work Experience
Mechanical Design Engineer AZTech Technologies Apr 2019 - Present
• Create hydraulic system layouts, initial mechanical design for hydraulic components such as electric motors, 3D modeling and production drawings, modification of existing product part and assembly design using SolidWorks.
• Generating CAD model to create detail design and specification such as Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (ASME Y14.5 standards), reading blueprints, providing design support at all stage of design process, checking drawing for accuracy & errors. Prototype execution, studying it & making necessary changes
• Prepare work order instruction for various manufacturing and production processes
• Work with design and project managers to estimate design and drafting times, and design concepts, new product project implementation, existing product improvement and cost reduction projects
• Performed mold flow & cooling FEA analysis. Interpret FEA simulations, physical stress/strain test results and generate solutions to prevent mold failures.
• Communication across manufacturing department, product schedules and to setup and attend important meetings to facilitate production.
Mechanical Engineer Urja Engineers Private Limited July 2014 - Sept 2016
• Designed Pressure Vessels, Pneumatic valves Industrial Agitators and Storage Tanks, Hydraulic Jacks, Pumps and Cylinders using SolidWorks and AutoCAD, and ensured component parameters meet design specifications,
• Complete hydraulic system design work and support testing activities for ongoing continuous improvement
• Communication across manufacturing department, product schedules and to setup and attend important meetings to facilitate production
• Created & evaluated Process Flow Charts for Hydraulic systems, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plans, Work instructions & Check sheets
• Managed CNC machine operators for all machining process & helping them program CNC using proper G&M codes.
• Applied Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing (5S) to enhance quality, reliability and cost. Developed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like cycle time, waiting time, waste etc. Tracking & reporting them, preparing PFMEA.
• Created improved procedures conducting root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for efficient production processes. Resulted in 20% reduction of workmanship and improve process controls improving production rate to 16%
Mechanical Engineer Oswal Industries limited Jun 2013 - Aug 2013
• Assisted Senior Design Engineer designing various valves (using Solidworks).
• Learned principles of valve usage in oil and gas companies as well applied academic knowledge of design and manufacturing concepts to an operating process in a company
• Own Projects from conception through production (Cradle to grave).
• Collaborated with various cross teams within the organization to solve technical problems and identify improvement opportunities.
Manufacturing, Statistical tools and Software’s: Minitab, SAS, Kaizen, Poka Yoke Design, 5S, DMAIC, DFM, FMEA, 3D modeling and Analysis Software: SolidWorks, ProE (Creo), AutoCAD, ANSYS, Inventor, Catia 3D Printing, Manufacturing processes: FDM, Tensile machine, Mills and Lath machines, Arc Welding, CNC Machines, G&M codes, Fabrication processes, Plasma Cutting, Sheet Metal, Plastic Injection Molding Microsoft Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, Outlook, Education
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering,
Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia, USA, Jan 2017 - Dec 2018 Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering,
Rajasthan Technological University, Rajasthan, India, Aug 2010 - Jul 2014 Academic Projects
Research on Impact of Fused Deposition Modeling Processing Parameters (Marshall University, Aug – Dec 2018)
• Additive manufacturing project on PLA plastic material, to study its tension behaviors and properties
• 3D printing was done by fused deposition modeling (FDM) using designed files from AUTOCAD,
• Designed few samples in order to perform the research on compacting process parameters for better printing quality
• Conducted tensile test to obtain results and data for various mechanical properties such as Yield strength, Modulus of Elasticity, Ductility, Tensile strength
• Performed data analysis using Minitab for optimization and investigation the effect of process parameters A complete Project Report based on Project Management Concepts (Marshall University, Jan – May 2018)
• Prepared a group project report on “Automatic speed breakers” considering theory of constraints
• Developed a model using Gantt chart, Critical Path Method (CPM) and network diagram for cost estimation and project scheduling
• This project was the practice of planning, executing, controlling and closing to achieve a specific goal and meet specific success criteria at the specified time
HVAC Collins Middle School (Marshall University (Aug – Dec 2018)
• Master’s degree group study project of cooling load calculation across the school building
• Using Radiant Time Series method for determining cooling load using building data according to ASHRAE standards
• Calculated pressure drops, dry bulb temperature, wet bulb temperature, through ventilation systems using ideal gas and reversible polytropic equations.
• Designed and revised piping, ducts and other HVAC drawings on AutoCAD. Optimization of Weight of 160”x160”x35” Building using Finite Element Analysis (Marshall University, Feb – May 2017)
• Optimized the weight of frame by minimizing the material used for building structure within given parameters using STAAD-Pro
• performed load calculation, bending moment and deflection of built structure
• understood fundamental of FEA and the importance of structural analysis with the completion of this project Automatic Speed Breakers Operated by Electricity (Rajasthan Technical University, Jan – Jun 2014)
• Analyzed and controlled accelerated traffic patterns with the objective to improve pedestrian safety and reduce accidents in public places/intersections
• Implemented a new concept for traffic safety on roads and highways
• Performed group project with the understandings of individual role to develop professional skills