MARK A. WARRIX
Charleston, SC 29455
843-***-**** • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Proven business development specialist with a 20-year track record of cultivating and landing new accounts to drive year-over-year increases. Possesses a unique blend of leadership, drive, relational acuity, and communications skills to expand new and repeat business. Known by colleagues as a relentless road warrior and adaptable problem-solver, intuitive and team-oriented, with extensive experience in and knowledge of the plastics industry. EXPERIENCE
National Sales Manager, Zeltwanger, Inc., Charleston, South Carolina, 2019 - Present
• Recruited to drive expansion of assembly automation, leak testing systems, and laser integration markets from 100% automotive into the Med/Pharma realm using my substantial network contacts grown over the last two decades.
• Developing cross functional quoting teams on two continents in multiple engineering disciplines, robotics, laser, assembly automation, and leak testing integration to provide rapid quotations for medical device industry.
• Working with established contacts at major companies: Establishment Labs, Abbott, Conmed, Bayer, Intuitive Surgical, Technimark, Precision Concepts, Medtronic, Cardinal, Alcon, Raumedic, Teleflex etc.
• Introducing Zeltwanger, which is well known to the automotive market in Europe and USA to a new audience in the medical world via highly effective face to face on site presentations.
• Working with internal marketing to create literature and web content focused on medical devices in an English format to present to the North American market.
Director of Sales, Bentec Medical, Woodland California, 2017 – 2019 ( Left due to new owners downsizing senior team)
• Charged with expanding new business channels in the custom molded and extruded components for the med-tech and drug delivery system industries covering North America and Central America.
• Responsible for key account management and exploiting new opportunities
• Closed multiple large accounts expanding company growth by $1.5 Million dollars in the first year.
• Recovered several lost accounts adding an additional $275,000 in annual revenue. Technical Sales Manager, Raumedic, Inc., Mills River, North Carolina, 2015 - 2017
• Charged with expanding new business channels for the domestic expansion of a global polymer component system provider to the med-tech and pharmaceutical industries covering all North America.
• Responsible for all elements of business development and client retention, including prospecting, origination, product delivery, and account management.
• Launched a multi-million dollar sales portfolio and a cross-functional team comprised of account managers, R&D technicians, innovation specialists, and consultative product advisors.
• Placed atop the leaderboard for new client delivery across all global sales personnel, achieving double-digit portfolio growth from 2015 to 2016.
• Sourced, delivered, and cultivated relationships with companies such as Medtronic, Becton Dickinson, and Halyard, among others.
• Achieved retention & renewal rates of 100%+ across existing clients.
• Led the division’s annual sales & expenses budgeting process, requiring advanced demand forecasting and supply-chain wide inventory coordination.
• Performed extensive competitive market analysis for the benefit of sales personnel and for the identification of new markets with profit potential.
• Developed lead generation models for all domestic sales representatives, ultimately deployed on a nationwide basis for all Raumedic sales and marketing personnel with multi-million dollar increases.
• Created a new automated quoting system, simplifying the existing sales process and increasing the delivery throughput for new quotes from several days to minutes.
National Sales Manager, Sunlite Plastics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2011 - 2015
• Responsible for national sales and marketing on behalf of a domestic manufacturer of medical-grade plastics for the healthcare and biotechnology sectors.
• Oversaw growth and expansion of all tubing technology product lines, Sunlite’s fastest-growing vertical, and delivered growth of 15% year-over-year.
• Served in a strategic consulting capacity for all sales-related initiatives, managing lead generation activities, forecasting, vendor sponsorships, trade advertisements & shows, and market penetration efforts.
• Developed relationships with Fortune 1000 industry leaders such as Thermo Fisher, Covidien, and Trelleborg, among others.
• Launched Sunlite’s leadership development initiative, expanding training efforts for all sales personnel while managing four outside salespersons and offering guidance to inside sales & customer service representatives.
• Re-tasked outbound marketing to include CRM capabilities, channel-specific campaigns, hyper-local medical product placement, and procedure-based marketing.
General Sales Manager, Wisconsin & Ohio, Everest Snow Management, Chicago, Illinois, 2008 - 2011
• Oversaw all elements of business development and execution for a regional provider of snow removal technologies and services.
• Cultivated and delivered a base of A-level commercial clients within 6 months, matching the growth rate generated by the home office in two years’ time and providing necessary working capital and recurring revenue for an early-stage company.
• Increased the company’s top-line by 30% in both 2009 and 2010 despite adverse market conditions.
• Negotiated profitable contracts and maintained rigorous expense controls to deliver a 55% profit margin in an extremely competitive market.
• Led cross-functional teams of 80+ personnel responsible for sourcing and delivering contracts & services.
• Increased the company’s branch network 30% in 3 years’ time, hiring and training all staff while ensuring inventory and fleet readiness to support sales growth.
• Managed the company’s inside sales effort, achieving greater than 90% client retention year-over-year and expanding the cross-sale of services by 25%.
• Developed marketing campaigns to increase regional awareness in conjunction with inside sales initiatives. Technical Sales Representative, Scan-Pac Manufacturing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1993 - 1999
• Served as a Technical Sales Representative for pioneering manufacturer of non-asbestos friction plastics, phenolic bearings, gear facings, and gaskets for industrial, medical, and aerospace applications.
• Honored as the company’s top technical sales representative among all sales teams nationwide.
• Drafted proposals and negotiated pricing for custom engineered and fabricated product orders. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Business Development Manager, Amerigas Propane, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2006 - 2008 Manufacturer Representative, Hunter Douglas N.V., Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2004 - 2006 Sales Representative, Schwaab Inc., Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2002 – 2004 Relationship Manager, Nielsen Media Research, New York, New York, 1999 – 2002 General Manager, Navigators Inc., Port Washington, Wisconsin, 1995 - 1998 PROFICIENCIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
United States Army Veteran
Integration Product Management Relationship Building Assembly Automation Client Development Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Key Account Management Customer Relationship Management Sales Force Design & Deployment Thermoplastics Extrusion Injection Molding Polymers Molded Silicone Tubing Technologies PVC Custom Compounding
Hawaii Pacific University, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
• Business Management
Milwaukee Area Technical College, School of Business, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
• Comprehensive studies in Business Management and related disciplines.
• Notable coursework in organizational behavior, communications, change management, and brand strategy. NMR Technical College, School of Information Technology, Dunedin, Florida
• Certification in Information Technology.
• Coursework in security & forensics, database administration, networking, and applications deployment.