Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/vishal-jayakumar SUMMARY:
Accomplished and result oriented with demonstrated success in Quality Control and Quantity Surveying. Recognized for attention to detail, adherence to standards, and expert technical background. Actively looking for a full-time position in Supply Chain/Logistics to improve business development. EDUCATION:
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey Master of Science, Industrial Engineering GPA: 3.4/4 Focus: Supply Chain and Logistics, Project and Quality Management August 2017-May 2019 Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai, India Bachelor of Technology, Chemical Engineering GPA: 3.3/4 Focus: Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics August 2012-December 2016 SKILLS:
Demand Planning and Forecasting,, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, Gantt Charts, Cash Flow reports, Cost Reports (Certified Payrolls), OSHA Knowledge, Customer Relationship Management, Inventory Control, Process Improvement, Operations Management, Vendor Management, Project Management, Problem Solving and Communication Skills, Total Quality Management, Strategic Planning, Distribution Logistics, Third Party Logistics (3PL), Purchasing, Procurement, Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
MS-Excel, MS-Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook), Power BI, SAP, R, Tableau, Seven Quality Management Tools (Control Chart, Fishbone, Histogram), Textura, Procore, MS Project, SQL, Systems Analysis & Simulation (Arena) CERTIFICATIONS:
• Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), by APICS (In Progress)
• Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB), by Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers
• Graduate Supply Chain Management, by New Jersey Institute of Technology
• Microsoft SQL Beginners to Advance, by Udemy
AMIL FREIGHT, Princeton, New Jersey August 2019 – November 2019 Business Development Specialist
• Oversaw the functioning of the freight brokerage as well as the logistics division.
• Onboarded carriers to transport loads all across the country.
• Worked with Turkey Hill, C&S Wholesale, Dean Foods and Hostess to ensure that the load was safely transported to the destination.
• Contacted shipper clients to assist with spot loads as well as set up dedicated lanes.
• Assisted the operations manager and handled trailer issues when they arose.
• Helped set up the Amil Freight CRM which will be released to small banks in a few months. NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Newark, New Jersey July 2018 - January 2019 Graduate Assistant
• Reviewed the large-scale scheduling of student calendars and grading
• Assisted the committee for the NJIT Drone Conference held in April 2019
• Liaised between faculty and students to answer questions and optimize faculty time
• Created lesson materials, visuals and digital presentations to supplement lesson plans
• Analyzed acquired information about student performance through MS Excel and presented to professors AMAZON, Chennai, India February 2017 - June 2017
• Owned the data science elements of various Alexa Data Services products to help with data-based decision making, product performance optimization, and product performance tracking
• Led the team to achieve highest quality rate for the quarter to 94% by conducting performance reviews and team building activities
• Improved responses of the Alexa AI by better tuning the voice and wake word recognition
• Demonstrated expertise in handling unique data analysis request from a range of customers
• Translated business problems and products into data requirements and metrics
• Built consensus on data, metrics, and analysis to drive business and system strategy PROJECTS:
• Advanced Engineering Statistics – New Jersey Institute of Technology Study of factors affecting the professional appeal of a Career Website profile photograph. Optimized the factors involving achieving the perfect professional photograph.
• Engineering Cost and Production Economics – New Jersey Institute of Technology Presented an ideal company for the manufacture and distribution of Weekly and Monthly planners and the logistics of the process to implement cost effectiveness of our resource planning methods.
• Sustainable and Renewable Sources of Energy – Indian Space Research Organization, India Presented a speech highlighting the importance of Fuel cells, Solar and Wind energy and how to harness the massive amounts of renewable energy.
• Member of the placement committee at Anna University, Chennai. Organized mock placements and questionnaires to assess competence of students and prepared them for interviews and potential jobs. (Chennai, 2012-16)
• Vice President of Outgoing Global Cultural Development Program at non-profit organization, AIESEC in India. organized events to bring notable speakers reach a larger audience. (Chennai, 2013-14)
• Worked with a couple of friends to write automotive articles for www.autocarma.in now known as www.carpal.in
• Started a motorcycle blog, reviewing details of the popular motorcycles in India, called Motorbike Match.