Asem Noufal 757-***-**** Email Linkedin Github San Francisco / Bay Area
Feedback (React / Redux/ Rails, PostgreSQL, Actioncable, sockets) view online
A full-stack pixel perfect single-page clone of Slack
● Built workspace/Email Invitation functionality to allow users to create their own workspaces and invite users to it.
● Implemented a favoriting, pinning, liking functionality so users can access it later quickly.
● Created a search functionality to allow users to search by text/channel/author.
● Utilized ActionCable to allow users to build live messaging/commenting functionality.
● Implemented an online presence functionality so users can know who is online.
● Built a notifications functionality to allow users to know if they have unread threads. CodeRank (React, Node.js, MongoDB, Sharedb, CodeMirror, sockets.io) view online
A MERN stack web app offering programmers a platform to learn and share coding experiences
● Integrated CodeMirror library to create text editor feature resulting in a clean intuitive text editing experience with syntax highlighting.
● Created custom Jasmine/Rspec reports to abstract the test results and generate a unified JSON format.
● Integrated OT.js & Sharedb & CodeMirror to build a shared code editor where users can write code that is shared in real-time with other users.
● Utilized both sockets.io & HTML5 Canvas to build a shared whiteboard where users can draw and share that real-time with other users.
● Utilized both WebRTC & PeerJS to allow real-time multi-user video conferencing / audio calling capabilities.
A clone of the classic Bomberman game
● Utilized Canvas and the browser’s requestAnimationFrame to animate the game.
● Implemented movements, and object collision functions to provide a physics engine that allows objects in the game to intuitively interact with each other.
● Generated levels dynamically and varied the speed and difficulty of the game as the game continues.
SawaComp (Egypt) (Feb 2014 - June 2019)
● Founded high-speed internet company in Egypt while I was in college providing 20 MB/S compared to standard 2 MB/S in my town.
● Grew company from zero customers to 150 monthly paying customers, mostly by word of mouth.
● Handled IT support, sales, customer support, and administrative work.
● Gained real world experience with network administration and network security. Nisum (Jan 2019 - Current)
Full Stack Software Engineer
App Academy (June 2019 - Nov 2019)
University of Tanta (Jun 2012 - Sep 2017) Bachelors in Electrical Engineering