Donna M. Sharabi
Portland OR 97266
Experienced Phlebotomist, and Medical Laboratory Assistant, offering more than 25 years in the Medical and Laboratory field.
Education and Certifications:
Cleveland State University 1979-1981
- Advanced courses in Chemistry, Biology, Medical Technology, and Microbiology. Cuyahoga Valley Joint Vocational 1977-1979
Medical Laboratory Assisting/ Phlebotomy
Garfield Heights High School 1979
Garfield Heights, Ohio
Certificate of Completion: Health Care Assistant 2009 State of Washington
HIV/AIDS Education Training 2004
State of Washington
Needle stick Prevention 2003
Boca Raton, FL
Blood-borne Pathogens/Hazard 2003
Honors and Awards: Perfect attendance and excellent performance, as well as Bravos and Employee of the Month.
Washington License Medical Assistant Phlebotomist Certification PC 60662016 Skills:
• Able to draw all age groups.
• Inpatient/Outpatient – up to 200 per day.
• Nursing homes and Traumas.
• Health screenings – up to 300 per screening.
• Blood culture draws.
• Throat cultures.
• Police and chain of custody draws, drug screens.
• Extremely organized and detail oriented.
• Able to work high volume
• Centrifuging, separating serum and aliquot samples for departments and send outs.
• Proper storage and documenting of samples.
• Troubleshooting of samples.
• Reporting of results to clients.
• Telephone skills.
• Receiving blood units from blood bank.
• Signing in/out of units for all hospital purposes.
• Cleaning of glassware and pipets.
Microbiology and Other Departments:
• Receiving samples and correcting of orders.
• Set up of cultures: body fluids, bone, stool.
• Tissue grinding and set up.
• Making of slides – gram strain, differentials and bone marrow.
• Loading of machines.
• Autoclaving, and cleaning of equipment.
• Temperature and quality controls.
• Ordering of supplies.
• Scheduling of equipment repairs.
• Proficient in MedaTech and Cerna System computers. Lead Management:
• Adhering to policies, and procedures both hospital and laboratory.
• Training of all new employees, as well as promoting a teamwork atmosphere.
• Scheduling and dealing with staff, and staff meetings, dealing with doctors and clients. Professional Experience:
Phlebotomist II/ Processor/ Doctor office and Outpatient Jordan Technical College 2009-2010
Overlake Hospital and Medical Center 2004-2008
Phlebotomist/ Processor/ Microbiology Assistant
All Medical Personnel, Inc. 2003-2004
Boca Raton, Florida
Phlebotomist at LabCorp drawing station.
Ojai Valley Community Hospital 2000-2002
Phlebotomist/ Laboratory Assistant
Lorain Community Health Partners 1999-2000
Physicians Reference Laboratories, Inc. 1998-1999
Overland Park, Kansas
Consulting Medical Laboratories, Inc. 1983-1996
Lead Medical Assistant
Parma Medical Laboratories, Inc. 1979-1983
Phlebotomist and Laboratory Assistant