DEVONSHEA D. SMITH
Self-motivated and confident leader with excellent communication skills who conveys a personable, yet professional image. Continuously demonstrates an exceptional record in planning, program coordination, inventory management, and logistic procedures within a customer environment. Versatile and adaptable; identifies requirements and presents effective solutions utilizing a need-based approach and in-depth product knowledge. Instantly establishes credibility with peers and customers creating team success. Strictly upholds quality standards and ensures client satisfaction. Education
Harris Stowe State College Aug. 2000-May 2005
Degree Earned: B.S. in Accounting
Honors: Cum Laude
Certification and Licensure
Certified Navy Instructor Aug. 2008-present
Course Number: NEC9502
Government Contract Auditing Aug. 2010-July 2011
Integrated Funds Distribution, Control Point Activity March 2018-present Accounting and Procurement (IFCAP)
Generic Inventory Package (GIP) March 2018- present Current Professional Work Experience
Inventory Management Specialist Sept. 2014-present Department of Veterans Affairs
• Manages and controls an assigned class of expendable material consisting of 750 items.
• Independently sets initial stock and par levels, and reorders points
• Serves as the point of contact for the coordination of material support and resolution of logistic problems
• Plans and reviews all inventory processes, functions, and related systems.
• Analyzes, develops, evaluates, and promotes improvements in policies and systems related to supply programs.
• Identifies and rectifies inventory management issues and researches and develops solutions to complex and routine problems.
• Serves as a purchase card holder and complies with all the acquisition regulations.
• Analyzes data that impact procurement decisions.
• Makes emergent procurement decisions
Logistic Specialist Chief Dec. 1999-present
U.S. Navy Reserve
• Serves as Senior Enlisted Leader of a unit consisting of 34 enlisted sailors.
• Provides strategic, operational, and tactical level logistical support.
• Manages overall logistic processes in support of mission objectives.
• Monitors contract requirements to ensure products and services are in accordance with Navy policies and procedures.
• Anticipates mission requirements and operational requirements and offers alternatives and advice.
• Evaluates, redesigns and implements logistics processes for mission support. Additional Professional Work Experience
Supply Technician March 2014-Sept. 2014
Department of Veterans Affairs
Freight Agent June 2011-March 2014
Auditor Aug. 2010-June 2011
Defense Contract Audit Agency
Program Support Assistant April 1997-Aug. 2010
Department of Veterans Affairs
Ships Serviceman Nov. 1993-Nov 1996
Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, Accounting, Contract Management, Auditing Government Procurement, Logistics, Financial Control, Operations Management, Leadership, Team Building, Project Management, Top Secret Security Clearance, Microsoft Office.
Edward Horner 731-***-****
Officer in Charge, US Navy Reserve
Michael Hoffman 618-***-****
Senior Chief, US Navy Reserve
Glenn Chatman 314-***-****
Contract Specialist, US Army Corps of Engineers
Natalie Parks 770-***-****
CEO, Behavior Leader Inc.