SENIOR HELP DESK ANALYST
C O N T A C T
P R O F E S S I O N A L P R O F I L E
Over 15 years experience in IT with Level 1-3 technical support predominantly Servicedesk quality support within ITIL Service Desk environments. This has been achieved through experience in the public sector (Government, Hospitals and City Councils) and corporate organizations (banking, insurance, finance, agriculture, retail and mining) throughout five countries. I am seeking additional Service Desk experience to complement my current expertise. Available to start immediately.
E D U C A T I O N
IMPLEMENTING MS AZURE
Global Knowledge, Toronto
VMWare vSPHERE INSTALL,
CONFIGURE & MANAGE v6
Global Knowledge, Toronto
MCSA WINDOWS SERVER
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
CERTIFICATE ITIL v2
Fox IT Limited
CompTIA A+ CERTIFICATE
ACE Training Limited
Auckland, New Zealand
E X P E R I E N C E
IT WORKPLACE SPECIALIST
McCain Foods LTD // TORONTO // January 2019-October 2019 Provided sole onsite 1st and 2nd level support for the entire McCain Foods LTD headquarters. I was responsible to engage in all levels of technical support with over 200 internal customers, while ensuring maximum adherence to agreed service metrics and aiming for end-user satisfaction. This included further technical support to other remote plants, along with collaborating with external vendors and outsourced service providers. My role encompassed hands on in person, white-glove support for the senior business leaders in a very demanding environment, as the only IT Support staff at this location, and the entire country west of Montreal. This was inclusive of the CEO’s office, the company’s many directors, board members and company vice presidents.
● Provided telephony, email or walk-up 1st and 2nd level support for business applications such as WebEx, Jabber, Telepresence, Office 365, Active Directory and Malware prevention along with new user account creation.
● Logging tickets and Incident Management and escalations through BMC Remedy call logging software.
● Installation of new printers, switches and firewalls.
● Imaging computers, patching and inventory management.
● Technical support and management of the Cisco Telepresence audio video service, Crestron units and other meeting room equipment.
● Provided 1st and 2nd level end-user support and project implementation for the migration to Office 365, adoption of OneDrive data storage along side Microsoft’s 2-step Multi Factor Authentication and operating system upgrades to Windows 10.
● Mobile and IP telephony support.
● Responsible for maintaining and procurement of IT asset inventory.
● Responsible for documenting operational procedures, training and technical practices for new hires.
● Responsible for identifying, collaborating and removing underlying causes of recurring Incidents.
SENIOR HELP DESK ANALYST
E D U C A T I O N
Auckland University of
Auckland, New Zealand
WINDOWS 7 TRAINING
DESKTOP MIGRATION AND SUPPORT ANALYST
Coreio Inc. at TD Bank // TORONTO // August 2018-Jan 2019 Provided Level 1-2 Support for Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration project for over 80,000 users in North America.Additional roles included:
● Ticket logging of incidents and requests.
● Providing group training for Microsoft O365 and OneDrive adoption for clients.
● Level 1 and 2 support for application, printer and network systems.
● IT staff training and documentation of internal processes and technical standards
● Assisting in data management and mass data transfer across multiple platforms
● Adhering to SLA and OLA agreements and ensuring positive client - vendor relationships.
● Ensuring the completion of operating system migrations and installation and reimaging of laptops.
● Asset refresh and inventory management.
SERVICE DESK ANALYST AND DESKTOP SUPPORT
LoyaltyOne Management Group // TORONTO // June 2013-June 2017 Provided Desktop technical support to Loyalty Group members in Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, Europe and USA both remotely and on-site in various office locations. This included managing tickets assigned to the 2nd Level of support, escalations, SLAs as well as ensuring service standards were met. Additional roles included: Provided front-line Service Desk and Desktop technical support to Loyalty Group members in Toronto, Calgary, Montreal, Europe and USA both remotely and on-site in various office locations. This included managing all inbound telephone calls, emails, log and track tickets, escalations, SLAs as well as ensuring service standards were met. In addition, I created network accounts, password resets and network storage administration. Additional roles included:
● Administering and maintaining end users to preserve system integrity on Citrix environments which include the technical support of printers, RSA SecureID Administration and VPN remote access.
● Hardware support for Dell, Lenovo, Mac and HP along with mobile and tablet phone support of Apple products. Certified for Dell and Lenovo repairs.
● Utilised diagnostics and monitoring tools.
● Audio / video support with Polycom, Crestron, WebEx, Skype for Business and MS Lync software / hardware
● Level 1-2 technical assistance in migration to Windows 10, Office 365 and office relocations and upgrades of AV systems
● Managed hardware stock and ordering which involved maintaining and mediating relationships with external vendors, suppliers and various business units
● Provided training for new staff members on the Service Desk and Desktop teams HELP DESK ANALYST
Mitsui & Co. Ltd. // MELBOURNE // April 2013 – June 2013 Supported the Help desk for the Australian branch for one of the world’s most diversified comprehensive trading, investment, mining and service companies. JUSTIN AW
SENIOR HELP DESK ANALYST
● Telephony support, management of system accounts and tape backups
● Logged and resolved Incident / Request tickets on the Servicedesk
● Administrative Desktop duties, management of mobile phone accounts, stock procurement and printer support.
JUNIOR SYSTEMS & NETWORK ADMIN
OsBTI Pty Ltd. // MELBOURNE // August 2012 – March 2013 Worked as an outsourced Junior Systems and Network Admin for multiple clients of up to 200 end users. This role consisted of all levels of onsite and offsite windows desktop and server support and management including: MS Exchange 2010, MS Server 2008 and 2003, Symantec Backup Exec 2010, Sophos Enterprise Antivirus, Citrix XenServer 6.0, WSUS and Cisco switches. Additional roles included:
● Provided sole support with client migration of Blackberry devices to iPhone in a seamless roll-out of user data.
● Scheduled after hours maintenance checks on Server and Network Infrastructure
(DNS, DHCP, Disk storage and windows updates)
● Performed IT Audits, disaster recovery and backup audits and continual improvement of business operations.
● Maintained IT operation manuals including design network diagrams.
● Managed and supported Firewall Solutions, anti-spam applications, anti-virus software and update management.
● Managed external IT&T manufacturers, vendors and service suppliers as well as procurement.
IT TECHNICAL ANALYST
Cargill Ltd. // MELBOURNE // August 2011 - August 2012 Provided technical support on the Servicedesk for 600 end users throughout Regional and Metropolitan Australia including trade floor. Achievements in this role included:
● Successful migration of 22 acquired Regional Grainflow sites onto Cargill network, including the infrastructure integration rollout of print servers, at each site, staff training, IP telephony implementation, hardware procurement and post project Support.
● Annual award for involvement in office relocation project of implementing a Dark Fibre solution between two corporate site
HELP DESK SUPPORT ANALYST
CenITex // MELBOURNE // November 2010-August 2011
Worked with the Victorian State Government Departments providing Levels 1-2 technical IT Support for multiple platforms on various operating systems including: the transition of XP to Windows 7 using different deployment software and remote tools. Provided technical support, service requests, customer service, conflict resolution including expectation, Incident and Change management. Achievements include:
● ‘On the Spot’ award for good customer service (awarded on several occasions) INFORMATIONS SERVICE DESK ANALYST
City of Melbourne Council // MELBOURNE // December 2009-July 2010 JUSTIN AW
SENIOR HELP DESK ANALYST
Worked on the Service Desk conducting Level 1-2 technical support to The City of Melbourne. This role involved extensive customer service which included: conflict resolution, incident management, service requests along with implementing an ITIL best-practice Knowledge base for process improvement. Participated in the principles of continuous improvement, development of technical process documents as well as maintaining accurate resolution history within the City of Melbourne’s IT call logging system
SENIOR APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST
Visionstream Ltd. // AUCKLAND // August 2009 – November 2009 Assisted in the initial startup and transition stage of the company as it expanded from approximately 100 users to 650 within 12 weeks. In addition, independently provided IT wireless solutions and customer support for over 600 clients for the company’s in-house software. Achievements included:
● Writing development specifications / enhancements for the Viscore Interface and the Security module.
● Solely providing IT wireless solutions and customer support for over 600 clients for Visionstream’s in-house software
SSP Ltd. // AUCKLAND // February 2009-July 2009
Provided specialized Outbound Helpdesk & Application support for the company’s in-dept insurance software in brokerage and underwriting via telephone, email and remote connection.
SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT
DTZ Real Estate // LONDON // March 2008-September 2008 Provided Level 2 support during migration projects of Lotus Notes to Exchange Outlook, Windows XP to Vista, MS Office 2003 to Office 2007, along with replacing all desktops to laptops for 400 DTZ staff. The role included desk site visits as well as remote support to many countries. Heavy use of Active Directory, Group Policy / Deploying and imaging / building computers. Additional roles include:
● Heavily involved in planning, testing and implementation of IT projects during my tenure at DTZ ensuring the upgrade to better efficient and productive systems merged successfully and smoothly with little teething problems
● Constructed solutions and new standardised processes that reduced time management, cut costs via continual analysis of pricing plans with Internet service providers, couriers and hardware suppliers
● Administered training sessions for users as well as the training of other IT staff enhancing worker capabilities.
SENIOR HELP DESK ANALYST
Available upon request
Spring 2018 Police Reference
Check available upon request
SENIOR SERVICE DESK SUPPORT ANALYST
Brit Insurance // LONDON // November 2006-February 2008 Administered excellent and high quality technical support to all business divisions at Brit Insurance on Level 1-2 support. Attended to each customer by responding to and logging all incidents, work requests and changes reported. Actively spearheaded the promotion of departmental standard and quality initiatives in all aspects of this role. Achievements
● Provided a faster & effective Helpdesk service than before my employment at Brit with leading Service desk statistics in a large 1st & 2nd line support team. Ensured company productivity was maintained & that a high standard of customer service was achieved.
● Led and initiated the creation of software manuals for users and technical documentation for IT staff. This included the creation of an Incident Library / Knowledge Base while at Brit Insurance that strengthened the Support response times in faults
● Helpdesk statistics were published to our team on a monthly basis regarding call volume and issue resolution or closed calls as they were described. Of 12 team members I consistently came in the top 2 for the best performance as measured by these statistics.
SENIOR SERVICE DESK ANALYST
Tegel Foods Ltd. // AUCKLAND // June 2004-November 2006 Supported Level 1-2. Main focuses included internal fault finding and call logging within the company. In addition, provided technical fault resolution with software that included in-house applications, drivers and databases. Ensuring that all faults were followed up with in a quick and efficient service was paramount in this role. Additional roles include:
● Led a Helpdesk environment; ensuring all calls were logged via InfraEnterprise helpdesk software, well documented & that processes were in place to ensure fault resolution within the company. It was my role to ensure that all faults were followed up with a quick professional & efficient service
● On call 24hrs to provide technical support for Microsoft exchange, Citrix Program Neighbourhood and Level 1-2 network faults)
● Created new Active Directory accounts, enabling / disabling accounts, resetting passwords & administration of security group permissions
● Trained many staff in the company, sometimes over the phone and using remote software..
● Created documentation for the training of Help Desk staff & company users; including the IT department’s processes, regulations and software manuals. JUSTIN AW
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, XP Home, ME, NT/ 2000, 95, 98, DOS, Windows Server 2003, Solaris, IBM AIX, Linux, Mac (OS X Mountain Lion, El Capitan and Yosemite), iOS, Android EMAIL SYSTEMS
Lotus Notes, Domino Admin, Outlook, Exchange 2010 & 2007, Office 365, Symantec Enterprise Vault CALLING LOGGING SUPPORT TOOLS
ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Frontrange Heat, infraEnterprise Helpdesk, Llient SysAid Helpdesk and Asset Management ADMINISTRATION
Active Directory, VMware, MS Application Virtualization Client, System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Manager Server 2003, Altiris Deployment Console, SAP, Novell One Console, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2008, Citrix Delivery Services Console v6, Simpana Commvault Backup, Symantec Backup Exec 2010, Citrix XenServer 6.0, System Recovery, Telepresence Management Suite, Atlassian Confluence, Connected BackupPC, Backup Tape Changes, Airwatch, Maas360, VMware Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management, Thycotic Privileged Asset Management, FolderSizes and TreeSize Disk Space Management, HP Openview Admin, Norton Ghost Cast Server 8.3 / Imaging Software, Terminal Services Manager, Acronis True Image Echo, IBM I Series access for Windows,, Active Roles Server, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Sophos Enterprise Anti-virus, Peregrine Systems Service Center Client 5.1, Viscore Selfservice, Engine AD Manager Plus 4.1.1, Hyper-V, RSA Authentication Management, Lync Server 2013 BROWSERS
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge APPLICATIONS
MS Office 365, G-Suite by Google Cloud, OneDrive, Google File Stream, SharePoint, Cisco Connect, Palo Alto Global Protect, MS Office Suite 2010, PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS ActiveSync, AS400, Citrix Program Neighbourhood & XenApp, IBM Sametime, MS Lync, Synetrix, Smart Notebook Software 10, Cisco Jabber, Software Center, WebEX, OneNote, MS Teams, Yammer, Jabber, Microsoft Authenticator.
Avaya IP phones, CISCO VOIP telephony, iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Blackberrys & Enterprise Server, iMate Jam, HTC HARDWARE
Cisco Telepresence VC units, Dell, Acer, Vigilen, Sony, Mac laptops and iPads,, Lenovo, Compaq, HP laptops, desktops, servers and Wyse Thin Client Terminals, MS Surface, IBM, Toshiba, Crestron, Remote Key fobs, Interactive SMART boards, projectors, patch panels, 3com and Cisco switches, routers and hubs.
DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Cat5-6e, RS232, Fibre Optics, Switch Patching, Bluetooth, Router Configuration, LAN / WAN Concepts VIRUS PROTECTION
Sophos Enterprise, McAfee, Cylance Prorect, TrendMicro OfficeScan, Symantec Endpoint Antivirus, Avast!, CA eTrust Client, AVG, Spybot Search and Destroy
PRINTERS (Includes MFDs and Plotters)
Xerox, Fujitsu, HP, Canon, Brother, Kyocera, Oki Microline Dot-Matrix printers, Nashuatec, Sharp