Professional Profile FINANCE PROFESSIONAL FINANCE MANAGER & CONTROLLER RISK MANAGEMENT
Credit & Risk
Professional with over 13 years of experience. Predominantly in the areas of:
Innovative Finance Professional expert providing robust background employing critical thinking and analysis to achieve success among talented team of professionals. Expert in compiling and reviewing various types of data to support market analysis and strategic planning.
Well versed in local, state and federal guidelines underpinning financial management with success in devising policies and procedures to sustain compliance with regulatory guidelines. Skilled in uncovering opportunities to improve financial growth, risk management and internal controls when managing all accounting functions.
Prepared to bring talent and expertise to organization offering opportunities for advancement. Accomplished in reducing expenses, streamlining financial operations and improving reporting functions.
Adept at coordinating fiscal plans, AP and AR operations as well as inventory management. Proficient in accounting, cashflow and credit management, internal controls and financial reporting, auditing and reconciliation.
Well-developed competence in Administration, IT Support, customer relations. Detail- minded with good eye for balance and organization. Skilled and creative in resolving problems. Jul 2013 – June 2015 (Pre-Opening): EMAAR HOSPITALITY GROUP “LA SERRE BISTRO & BOULANGERIE RESTAURANT, (UAE) as Finance Manager
Oct 2012 – June 2013 (Pre-Opening): THE OBEROI HOTEL DUBAI, (UAE) as Chief Accountant Jan 2010 – Aug 2012: LE MERIDIEN MEDINA, (KSA) as Credit Manager / Senior Accountant Feb 2008 – Nov 2009: LE MERIDIEN ALSONDOS DUBAI (UAE) as Complex Credit Supervisor Feb 2007 – Jan 2008: ALSHOLA MARINE SERVICE DUBAI (UAE) as Accounts Receivable Executive
• Developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations and laws as well as best practice.
• Maintain records, process check requests, collate financial reporting materials, and perform bookkeeping/accounting for all transactions by project/workstream.
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
• Follow up on overdue accounts by reviewing the online system and enforce recovery as needed.
• Exposure in interacting with banks, vendors, auditors, government authorities, financial institutions and other third parties dealing with the company.
• Preparing and analyzing the budget, various financial analyses to improve business performance, Manage daily balance of Petty Cash and reconcile to the books of accounts.
• Controlling credit exposure by providing financial order management support to minimize risk and obtain timely payment.
• Minimizing accounts receivable collections and reconciled customer billings and statements.
• Making decisions and recommendations about extending lines of credit.
• Performing credit reviews on corporations to assess financial conditions.
• Improving understanding of financial statements, which helped in assessing risk. June 2015 – Jul 2016: UTOPIA LTD. “PACHA IBIZA DUBAI & FRIOUL RESTAURANT” (UAE) as Finance Manager AUG 2016 – Present: CLINTON STREET BAKING COMPANY & RESTAURANT, (UAE) as Financial Controller SHAMNAD ABDUL VAHID
Education & Credentials
• Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
• Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
• Maintaining full knowledge of current regulatory environment and made proactive adjustments to meet changing requirements.
• Investigating and evaluated customers for creditworthiness and potential risk factors.
• Obtaining and reviewed credit reports, credit references, credit insurance and financial statements to establish credit limits for new accounts.
• Providing financial information to management as tools for maximizing profits and planning for the future, Reports which should stimulate management action.
• Implementing all necessary controls to safeguard the assets of the property
• Preparing and Interpreting financial statements and reports of the property on a timely fashion.
• Ensure proper control for F&B Cashiers and proper procedures and control for the guest cashiers and other related cashiers.
• Ensure that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis
• Ensure that the Property complies with the established credit and collection procedures, with particular attention to front of the house, group and meetings/banqueting processes.
• Ensure that all receivables are collected within the Property’s credit periods, and ensure that all revenue properly accounted and reconciled.
• Ensure that payment made for all supplies/goods and services on a timely fashion and payment are adequately supported by documentation, properly coded and authorized.
• Ensure reconciliation of supplier’s accounts to the property’s records on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all revenue and expenditure are properly recorded in the general ledger and all balances are reconciled on a regular basis.
• Assisting and Administering insurance renewals and claims.
• Assisting in the preparation of year-end statutory accounts.
• Successfully managing staffing of the accounting, credit, purchasing and systems department, liaising closely with the property’s personnel
& training manager.
• Implementing successful training programs in in conjunction with the personnel & training manager to develop departmental trainers.
• Maximizing productivity, moral and revenue by setting targets, providing clear guidance and developing team spirit, and assisting in accounting and financial matter as per required.
• Managing all staff matters related to the accounting field to organize workflow and implementing successful strategies to develop services and increase client’s satisfaction. Bachelor of Commerce
University of Kerala, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Diploma in Hotel Management
Bharat Sevak Samaj Promoted by Gov. of India
Diploma in MS Office
Trivandrum Chapter, Kerala, India
Proficient in customized accounting packages: Sun, Ace Financials, Web prolific, Lattice & Comrade.
Adept in various Property management software: Carahost, Hot soft, Opera, Fidelio, Quadranet, Revel, TOT Pos & Micros
Well versed in MS Office Suite, E-mail & Internet applications Personal Details
Date of Birth
: 29th May 1985
: English, Arabic, Hindi, Malayalam & Tamil
: UAE & KSA Driving License
: Employment Visa
References Available upon request