NAME : GOWTHAM T
BRANCH : B.E. Production Engineering
COLLEGE : PSG College of Technology
Father’s name : K.ThirumalMurugan Permanent Address: Gender : Male 277, PillaiyarKovil street,
Date of Birth : 02nd June, 1995 Velugampattu Village, Languages : English, Tamil Melathangal, Chetpet,
E-mail : email@example.com Tiruvannamalai – 606807. Mobile : +91-984**-*****
Course Board Institution
PSG College of Technology,
DME – Mechanical
ThanthaiPeriyar E. V. Ramasamy Govt.
HSLC TN State Board
Government Hr. Sec. School,
Government Hr. Sec. School,
* Till 7th Semester
Semester III IV V VI VII
CGPA 6.2 7.64 8.14 8.5 8.37
1. Finite Element Applications in Manufacturing
2. Principles of Management
3. Mathematical Modeling and Simulation
4. MEMS, Sensors and Actuators for Industrial Applications 5. Optimization Techniques in Manufacturing
6. Lean Manufacturing
7. Automated Assembly Systems
8. Product Life Cycle Management
FIELDS OF INTEREST
1. Manufacturing and Machine Technology
2. CAD and CAE
3. Automated Assembly System and Design
Packages Used: PTC Creo, AutoCad, Solidworks, Ansys Workbench, Automation Studio, Minitab, CNC Simulation. PROJECTS COMPLETED
• Design and Fabrication of steering column drive vehicle. A linear motion converted into rotary motion by get power drive, pivot leverage principle used to reduce human effort, main purpose for disable persons
• Design and Fabrication of a Bore gauge holder. A bore gauge holder for measuring honed diameter of engine block cylinder was designed and fabricated. The usage of holder prevented positioning error, inclination error, and handling error and saved measuring time.
• Design and Fabrication of Injection Moulding Die. An injection moulding die for an electrical socket was designed with appropriate calculations and a prototype of the same was fabricated.
• Design and Fabrication of Pedal Operated Sand Seiver. A pedal operated sand seiver was designed and fabricated as part of Internship and Innovation Practices Laboratory. An eccentric mass was made to rotate and this vibration was used to sieve the sand particles.
• Machinability evaluation in titanium alloys using micro textures in cutting tools. A cutting tool insert is developed with surface textures and the tool life is compared with the commercial tool. This can be done by studying the cutting forces, temperature and coefficient of friction in both the tools CURRENT PROJECT
• Performance investigation of machinability in titanium alloys using solid lubricant textured cutting tools.A cutting tool insert is developed with surface textures and is coated with solid lubricant layer (WS2). The tool life is compared with the commercial tool and plain surface textured tool. This can be done by studying the cutting forces, temperature and coefficient of friction in both the tools. TRAINING PROGRAMMES
Type of Training Duration Details of training
In Plant Training,
ACE Machine Tools, Bangalore.
1 week Gained exposure in manufacturing and assembling of CNC Machine Tools. WORK EXPERIENCE
Industry Duration Details of Experience
Apprentice in Ashok Leyland
Unit II, Hosur
1 Year &
Worked in Press Shop in the pressing of Side Member of the vehicle. Experience in Rolling, Levelling, Forming, Piercing, Punching and Shot Blasting.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Won 1st Prize and 25,000 cash award in Manual Robotics contest in Shaastra 2018, IIT Madras.
• Completed a 1-credit course on ‘Methodologies for Engineering Research Projects’.
• Participated in ‘National Science & Technology Fair’ in 2019 (CODISSIA) PUBLICATIONS AND WORKING PAPERS
• Bibeye Jahaziel. R, Abishekraj. N, Gowtham. T, Krishna Raj. V,Geetha Priyadarshini. B., “Investigation of cutting force, temperature and chip morphology on dry machining of Ti-6Al-4V”, International Conference on Precision,Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering COPEN 2019, IIT Indore, [Paper ID: 156******* I]. Presented and Published.
• Abishekraj. N, Gowtham. T, Krishna Raj. V,BibeyeJahaziel. R,Geetha Priyadarshini. B.,“Surface roughness evaluation in dry machining of Ti-6Al-4V using non-textured and textured cutting tools”, Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, ICAME 2020,SRM University Chennai,[Paper ID: ME129]. Presented and yet to be published.
• Bibeye Jahaziel. R, Abishekraj. N, Gowtham. T, Krishna Raj. V,Geetha Priyadarshini. B., “Machinability Evaluation on dry machining of Ti-6Al-4V using textured and non-textured cutting tools”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Submitted and Under review.
• Abishekraj. N, Gowtham. T, Krishna Raj. V, Bibeye Jahaziel. R, Geetha Priyadarshini. B.,“Investigation of cutting temperature on machining of titanium alloys using micro-textured cutting tools”, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering (LNME) Springer series indexed by SCOPUS, ICMDMSE 2020, PSG Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
[Paper ID: ICMDMSE/2020/252].Presented and yet to be published. DECLARATION
I hereby declare that above information furnished by me are true to best of my knowledge.