JAMES GORDON FEIL
Phone Number: 236-***-****
My goal is to obtain a permanent full time maintenance position with your company. One that will utilize my existing skills and offer challenging opportunities to develop new ones. HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Specific Millwright experience, including installation, alignment, maintenance & repairs of Ski Lifts, Beverage packaging equipment, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, bearings, gearboxes, welding/fabricating and rigging.
- Familiar with electronics and PLC`s, AC & DC motors and controls, interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational & time management skills.
- Experienced operating several types of industrial vehicles (forklifts, tractors, scissor lifts etc.)
- Able to follow instructions with minimum supervision, independently or in a team environment.
- Dependable, reliable, honest and trustworthy, with a solid commitment to following safe work practices. EXPERIENCE:
2019 to present- Employer undisclosed, (Vancouver, B.C.) Millwright/Pipe fitter, Service, Installation & Repairs of industrial boiler systems and related Plumbing and Pipe fitting.
2010 to 2019 – Corrections Canada, (Metchosin & Abbotsford, B.C.) Institutional Maintenance, Service & repairs of pumps, valves, blowers, heat exchangers, HVAC air handling equipment, drive motors, belts and couplings, welding & fabrication. Wastewater treatment plant operator, Oversee and maintain daily/weekly sample testing, PM`s, troubleshooting and repairs of mechanical components and machinery. 2009 to 2010 – Golden Timber Frames, (Invermere, B.C Millwright, Install & maintain Hundegger CNC mill & planer, compressor, piping & plumbing, conveyors, chip/dust collection system and silos.
- Install and retro-fit double cut bandsaw mill, components and machinery, troubleshooting,and repairs.
- Responsible for material procurement (sourcing/ordering parts & materials, shipping/receiving and storage) 2000 to 2008 – Self-employed, (Kelowna, B.C.)
Own/operate, Small boat and motorcycle detail & repair shop, welding and fabrication. Subcontractor, various projects with different companies, including:
- NDF enterprises (Coquitlam, B.C) Sawmill shutdown maintenance, repairs, re-fits, welding & fabrication.
- 304 innovations (Port Coquitlam, B.C) Fabrication & installation, stainless steel kitchen/restaurant equipment.
- Clermont cranes (Kelowna, B.C) Rigging & installations.
- Calgary Pro painting (Calgary, Alberta) Painter, commercial & residential, interior & exterior.
- Treemendous tree services (Invermere, B.C) Tree & shrub, pruning and removal. 1997 to 2000 – Panorama Ski Resort, (Invermere, B.C.) 1
Lift Maintenance/Millwright, Troubleshoot, maintenance & repairs of fixed & detachable grip tramways, and surface lifts. Alignments, various drives, bearings, gearboxes, hydraulic braking and tensioning systems.
- Perform regular P.M`s and safety inspections on all equipment.
- Heavy rigging & lifting. Welding & fabrication.
- Provide training, communication and support, with all Lift operators. Assist Ski-patrol when necessary.
- Assist Ministry of Transportation, performing mandatory safety inspections, and NDT testing on all equipment.
- Worked directly with engineers to complete the installation of a Doppelmayr fixed grip pulse gondola.
- Able to work safely, from dangerous heights, in extreme climates. 1989 to 1997 – TwinPak, Amcor Limited, (Delta, B.C.) Shift Maintenance/Millwright, Responsible for the operational effectiveness, troubleshooting, maintenance & repairs of automated manufacturing equipment, including: compressors, chillers, blowmould machines, pneumatic circuits and controls, assorted conveyors, palletizers/stackers, strappers, wrappers, barcoders, various drives and other ancillary equipment used throughout the plant. Involved in 3 separate plant expansions and upgrades.
- Welding & fabrication, and some machining of small parts, (spacers, bushings etc.)
- Oversee product line conversions & start-ups, and operator training.
- Work directly with engineers on R&D, product development, equipment design, and modifications. Shift Team Leader, Provide organization, communication, leadership, training, and support to all members of the production team, prepare production reports. Report directly to Management, Q.A. and maintenance departments.
- Ensure safe work practices are being followed, and Quality control measures being fulfilled. Blowmould Operator/Process Technician, Troubleshooting, maintenance & P.M`s, quality assurance & control testing, new product R&D, machine/line conversions, and operator training. EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
-Terry Fox Senior Secondary, Grade 12 Graduate, 1988.-
- ATTI Millright CQ Refresher, (currently enrolled, preparing to challenge Red Seal certification).
- BCIT, Millwright ELTT 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year.
- Camosun College, Electrician ELT 1st year.
- BCIT, part time studies, GMAW & SMAW welding, and steel fabrication.
- Camosun College, Pre-entry welding.
- Occupational First Aid, Level 3 certification.
- Fall protection, Confined space awareness, Forklift safety, Fire watch/extinguisher training, WHMIS 2018. HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
I appreciate the outdoors, regular exercise, running, skiing, hockey, motorcycles, snowmobiles, cars and boats. REFERENCES:
- Randy Roesch, Manager Lift Maintenance, Panorama Ski Resort, Invermere B.C. 250-***-****
- Tim Richards, Owner, 304 Innovations Stainless Steel Fabrication, Port Coquitlam B.C. 604-***-****
- Willy Burrows, Camp Ranger, Camp Bernard, Sooke B.C. 250-***-****
- Marcel Fleurie, CX2/3 Community Service Officer, William Head, Metchosin B.C. 250-***-**** 2