Dr. Sanjoy Kumar Sheet
Address: **/* * ****** ********* Road.
Contact Number: +91-872*******
Proficiency in language: English, Hindi, Bengali
Date of Birth: 08/08/1989
Marital Status: Single
Accomplished Chemist with experience in design, synthesis and characterization of organic and inorganic compounds. Adept at analysis and interpretation, chemical testing and meticulous documentation. Practiced in instrument monitoring and analytical method performance. Academic Qualifications:
Degree/Exam Board/Institution/University Degree Awarded Ph.D.
Center for Advanced Studies in Chemistry,
North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong
M.Sc. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute
of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
B.Sc. (Hons.) University of Calcutta 2011
Academic Research Experience:
1. Project Title: Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of cadmium complexes. Description: M.Sc. project (January–April 2013)
Supervisor: Prof. K.Ghosh, Department of Chemistry, IIT; Roorkee. 2. Project Title: Luminescent d
Metal Complexes for Sensing Cations, Anions, Biorelevant Species and Chemical Warfare Agents.
Description: PhD work (October 2013–December 2018) Supervisor: Dr. Senhadrinarayan Khatua, Department of Chemistry, NEHU, Shillong. 3. Guided 5 M.Sc. students for their research projects (6 months each). Technical Skills:
Conversant with the syntheses, purification, characterization of various organic and inorganic compounds in milligram and multigram scale.
Skilled in isolation and purification of organic and inorganic compounds by column chromatography, PTLC and crystallisation.
C NMR signals (by 2D NMR), MS, IR, UV-VIS, Fluorescence.
Structure determination by single-crystal X-ray diffraction.
Redox property by cyclic voltammeter and differential pulse voltammetry
Microscopic techniques SEM, TEM, AFM, DLS.
Hand on experience in live cell imaging by fluorescence microscope (Leica DMI4000B).
Running DMol3, Gaussian 09 program package, and HyperChem software for theoretical calculation.
Hands on experience in UV-Vis, Fluorescence, IR, Cyclic voltammeter and DLS Chromatography.
Experience in working with Basic Chemistry Software (ChemOffice, Microcal Origin, Endnote etc) and Photographic software like Adobe Photoshop CS3. Awards/Scholarship:
Qualified JAM in Chemistry: (2011) Joint Admission Test to Master of Science conducted by Indian Institute of Technology.
Qualified NET-JRF [National Eligibility Test (Joint CSIR-UGC) for Research Fellowship under CSIR Fellowship Scheme] in the year 2016.
Qualified All INDIA-GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), 2015.
Awarded Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF), 2014.
International Travel Support by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Govt. of India to participate as an invited speaker at Young Scientist Forum of 43 rd
Conference on Coordination Chemistry (ICCC 2018), Sendai, JAPAN. List of Publications:
1. Highly Selective Light-up Al
Sensing by a Coumarin Based Schiff Base Probe:
Subsequent Phosphate Sensing DNA Binding and Live Cell Imaging. Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bhaskar Sen, Romita Thounaojam, Kripamoy Aguan, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A, 2017, 332, 101–111. Impact Factor: 3.216, Citation: 27 2. A Coumarin Based Schiff Base Probe for Selective Fluorescence Detection of Al 3+
Application in Live Cell Imaging. Bhaskar Sen, Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Romita Thounaojam, Ramen Jamatia, Amarta Kumar Pal, Kripamoy Aguan, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. Spectrochim. Acta Part A, 2017, 173, 537–543. Impact Factor: 2.931, Citation: 25 3. Ruthenium(II) Complex-Based Luminescent Bifunctional Probe for Ag
-Assisted Detection and Imaging of rRNA. Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bhaskar Sen, Romita Thounaojam, Kripamoy Aguan, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. Inorg. Chem., 2017, 56, 1249−1263. Impact Factor: 4.850, Citation: 17
4. Highly Sensitive Bifunctional Probe for Colorimetric Cyanide and Fluorometric H2S Detection and Bioimaging: Spontaneous Resolution, Aggregation, and Multicolor Fluorescence of Bisulfide Adduct. Sumit Kumar Patra, Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bhaskar Sen, Kripamoy Aguan, Debesh Ranjan Roy, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 10234−10246. Impact Factor: 4.745, Citation: 24
5. Aggregation-Induced Emission-Active Ruthenium(II) Complex of 4,7-Dichloro Phenanthroline for Selective Luminescent Detection and Ribosomal RNA Imaging. Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bhaskar Sen, Sumit Kumar Patra, Monosh Rabha, Kripamoy Aguan, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 14356−14366. Impact Factor: 8.456, Citation: 12
6. Cationic Organoiridium(III) Complex Based AIEgen for Selective Light Up Detection of rRNA and Nucleolar Staining. Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bhaskar Sen, Kripamoy Aguan, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. Dalton Trans., 2018, 47, 11477–11490. Impact Factor: 4.052, Citation: 4
7. A Reusable Magnetic Nickel Nanoparticle Based Catalyst for the Aqueous Synthesis of Diverse Heterocycles and their Evaluation as Potent Antibacterial Agent. Deboshikha Bhattacharjee, Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Snehadrinarayan Khatua, Koel Biswas, Santaram Joshi, Bekington Myrboh. Bioorganic Med. Chem., 2018, 26, 5018–5028. Impact Factor: 2.802, Citation: 3
8. Organoiridium(III) Complexes as Luminescence Colour Switching Probes for Selective Detection of Nerve Agent Stimulant in Solution and Vapor Phase. Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bhaskar Sen, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. Inorg. Chem., 2019, 58, 3635−3645. Impact Factor: 4.850, Citation: 3
9. Single Molecular Dual Analyte Thio-Urea based Probes for Colorimetric Hg 2+
Detection and Its’Application in Bioimaging. Sumit Kumar Patra, Bhaskar Sen, Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Bodhisattwa Banerjee, Nirmalendu Saha, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. Inorganica Chim. Acta, 2019, 492, 119–130. Impact Factor: 2.433.
10. Remarkable Response to Hypochlorous Acid and Endogenous Imaging by a Ru(II) Complex of Pyridyl-1,2,3-Triazole Ligand via C(sp2)-H Hydroxylation. Bhaskar Sen, Sanjoy Kumar Sheet, Sumit Kumar Patra, Debaprasad Koner, Nirmalendu Saha, Snehadrinarayan Khatua. Inorg. Chem. 2019, 58, 9982-9991. Impact Factor: 4.850, Citation: 1
List of conference presentations:
1. Presented an oral talk entitled “Ruthenium(II) Based Luminescent Bifunctional Probe for Ag
and Phosphate Ions: Ag
-Assisted Detection and Imaging of rRNA.” at 43
Conference on Coordination Chemistry (ICCC 2018), Sendai, JAPAN, 30 th
2. Presented an oral talk entitled “Ruthenium (II)-Based Lab-on-a-Molecule for Ag
Phosphate Ion Quantification.” National Symposium on Emerging Trends in Chemistry (ETC- 2016), NEHU, Shillong, 28
1. Presented a poster entitled “G-Quadruplex Selective Ru(II) Complex Based Photoluminescent
‘off-on’ Probe for RNase H Activity Detection.” National Seminar on Contemporary Challenges in Chemistry (NSC3-2018), NEHU, Shillong, 20
2. Presented a poster entitled “Highly selective luminescent detection and imaging of ribosomal RNA by a cyclometalated iridium(III) complex based AIEgen.” International Conference on Chemistry for Human Development (ICCHD-2018), Professor Asima Chatterjee Foundation
(PACF) with the University of Calcutta and Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, 8 th
3. Presented a poster entitled “Selective luminescent detection and imaging of rRNA by an AIE- active cyclometalated iridium(III) complex.” National Symposium on recent trends in Chemical Sciences (RTCS-2017), NIT Meghalaya, 12
4. Presented a poster entitled “Coumarin Based Schiff base Derivatives as Highly Selective Luminescent Chemosensor for Al
.” REACH-2015-An International Symposium on Recent Advances in Chemistry, NEHU, Shillong, 3
I, hereby declare that the above-furnished particulars are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. If given a chance, I will prove my efficiency, my loyalty and willingness to work. References:
Dr. Snehadrinarayan Khatua
Department of Chemistry
North-Eastern Hill University
Shillong - 793022, Meghalaya
Ph.No. : 0364 - 2722636 (O)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Manish Bhattacharjee
Head of the Department
Department of Chemistry
Ph.No. : +91-322*-******
Prof. Kaushik Ghosh
Department of Chemistry
Ph.No. : +91-133*-******
Email : email@example.com