Email. firstname.lastname@example.org· Phone 571-***-**** · U.S. Citizen
A dynamic and an achievement oriented SDET/QA Automation Test Engineer/ Quality Analyst with Over 5 years of experience in various domains including DoS, Banking and USCIS. Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins. PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
• 5 years of experience in the field of Software Testing with good exposure in Quality Assurance and Testing Process along with Manual/Automation Tools Expertise.
• Expert in Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID test scripts using Java and Test Framework using Cucumber/TestNG/ Junit, MAVEN build tools.
• Excellent working experience of Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and testing methodologies like Waterfall & Agile/Scrum.
• Extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, user acceptance test (UAT) and regression testing.
• Design and execute features of ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development)/BDD using Selenium, Cucumber for Java.
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java for test case automation.
• Hands on experience in test driven development (TDD), Behavior driven development (BDD) and acceptance test driven development
• Experience in manual testing and automated testing using different tools like Selenium (Web Driver) using Java. Knowledge and familiarity with different Selenium automation frameworks.
• Expertise in setting up and carrying out browser compatibility testing environment with different browsers and versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome on different OS like Windows and Mac.
• Professional expertise in Smoke Testing, Backend Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing, UI Validation, Boundary Value Testing.
• Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
• Worked on source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
• Proficient in using Quality Center JIRA, Clear Quest.
• Extensively worked on data warehousing and decision support systems with relational databases such as Oracle design and database development using SQL
• Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, and Team Player Skill, Quick Learner and Self Starter, ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. WORK EXPERIENCE
QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER, Geico Aug
2018 - current
Location: Rockville, MD
• Analyzed business requirements, User Story in Agile, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with the client, developers and QA team.
• Developed test scripts in Java language using Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber framework in Gherkin format.
• Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, and Selenium WebDriver.
• Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
• Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need-based) using Maven and Jenkins.
• Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
• Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Cucumber framework.
• Used Jira for defect reporting and tracking. Closely involved with the development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
• Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing.
• Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
• Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using Gherkin language.
• Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and also used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke and regression.
• Used automated scripts to perform Functionality Testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
• Developed test scenarios and test cases for Integration and System testing each release.
• Tested data migration to ensure that integrity of data was not compromised.
• Performed functional, integration, black-box, and system, regression, and user acceptance tests.
Environment: Selenium, Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Web driver, GIT, Maven, Jira, XPath, CSS Selector, Eclipse, Windows, Mac, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox.
AUTOMATION TESTER, Nordstrom Oct 2016
– Jun 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
• Developed Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver (Java) and Test Execution using TestNG.
• Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
• Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG)
• Responsible for implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
• Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
• Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run parallel testing.
• Wrote Ant build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites
• Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used TestNG for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on a nightly basis automatically.
• Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
• Perform system analysis and understand the deliverables using Agile Methodology
• Extensively used Selenium (Xpath, id, and CSS Selector) to test the web application
Environment: Selenium, Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Web driver, SVN, GIT, TestNG, Maven, Jira, XPath, CSS Selector, Eclipse, Windows, Mac, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox.
QA TESTER, Kroll Ontrack Inc. Apr 2015
– Sep 2016
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
• Analyzed business requirements, documented business requirements specifications, wrote Test Plans, Test Cases.
• Worked with the development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
• Worked under waterfall methodology.
• Executed Manual and Automated tests and reports defects by running automated tests; executing manual tests; reviewing results of all tests and reporting anomalies into the defect tracking database; verifying the resolution of all defects for an assigned project.
• Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
• Prepared required documentation for testing signoff by various parties as required by the project plans.
• Assigned, Monitored and Tracked Tasks of Team Members.
• Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
• Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
• Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool HP Quality Center and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
• Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on the server.
• Connected to the database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
• Performed back end testing on Oracle database by writing SQL quarries.
• Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from the legacy database to simulate results.
• Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, Quality Center, MS Visio, HTML, Oracle EDUCATION
George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia Bachelor of Information Technology in Progress.
SYNTAX TECHNOLOGIES, CODING BOOTCAMP