Dr Deepa Dash, MD, DM
1. Currently pursuing higher training in Movement Disorders and Deep brain stimulation in University of Ottawa, Canada
2. Professional appointments:-
From April 2013 to July 2019 :
Consultant Neurology, Department of Neurology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi(Apex Institute of India)
From September 2011 to April 2013:
Consultant Neurology, Department Of Neurology, Institute of Human Behaviour and allied sciences, Delhi, India
MBBS (1995-2001) Lady Hardinge Medical college University of Delhi, Delhi, India
MD(Internal Medicine ;2002-05): University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University, India
D.M (Neurology;2008-2011) All India Institute of Medical Sciences,( AIIMS),Delhi, India
Licensed Neurologist in India
Honours and awards:
MBBS 1. Smt Anokhibhai Attarchand prize for first in physiology and biochemistry
2. Prize for proficiency in microbiology
3. Col Barkat Narain Gold Medal for first prize in Preventive and social medicine
4. Lady Willingdon Gold Medal for first in PSM in
5. Smt Balkrishna Devi Gold medal for best student in preventive and social medicine
MD 6. Best outgoing post- graduate in medicine
5. Membership of Professional organizations:
• International Movement Disorder Society
• Indian academy of neurology
• Movement disorder society of India
• World stroke Organisation
• Indian epilepsy society
6. List of publications:
1. Dash D, Pandey S. Movement disorders associated with neuronal antibodies.Acta Neurol Scand. 2018 Oct 18. doi: 10.1111/ane.13039. 2. Pandey S, Dash D. Cellular age in the manifestation of disease-relevant phenotypes in Huntington’s disease. Movement disorders. August, 2018; 1096- 1096. doi:10.1002/mds.27425
3. Dash D, Tripathi M, Ihtisham K, Tripathi M. Proportion and spectrum of movement disorders in adolescent and adult patients of autoimmune encephalitis of non-neoplastic aetiology. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience (Accepted in press)
4. Pandey S, Dash D. Progress in pharmacological and surgical management of Tourette’s syndrome and other chronic tic disorders. The Neurologist(Accepted in press)
5. Dash D, Goyal V. Anticancer Drugs for Parkinson’s Disease: Is It a Ray of Hope or Only Hype. Ann Indian Acad Neurol.(Accepted In press) 6. Dash D, Tripathi M. Neuromyotonia: A commentary. Neuroimmunology and Neuro-inflammation.(Accepted in press)
7. Dash D, Tripathi M, Ihtisham K, Tripathi M.LGI1 encephalitis: a disease of jerks and confusion. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Oct 13;2016.
8. Dash D, Rima C, Ramanujam B, Padma M. V, Tripathi M. Paraneoplastic syndrome mimicking Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. J Clin Neurosci. 2016 Oct; 32:162-3.
9. Dabla S, Puri I, Dash D, Vasantha PM, Tripathi M Predictors of Seizure-Related Injuries in an Epilepsy Cohort from North India..J Epilepsy Res. 2018 Jun 30;8(1):27-32.
10. Ramanujam B, Dash D, Tripathi M. Can home videos made on smartphones complement video-EEG in diagnosing psychogenic non-epileptic seizures? 11. Seizure. 2018 Oct 3;62:95-98.
12. Dash D, Saluja A, Singh RK, Bhatia R, Tripathi M.J Guillain-Barre Syndrome: A Rare Presentation of Borderline Tuberculoid Leprosy with Type 1 Lepra Reaction. Neurosci Rural Pract. 2018 Jul-Sep;9(3):423-425.
13. Saluja A, Singh RK, Dash D, Bhatia R, Tripathi M.Jaw clonus and opercular syndrome in ALS: a rare and interesting finding. Acta Neurol Belg. 2018 Jul 12. 14. Radhakrishnan DM, Ramanujam B, Srivastava P, Dash D, Tripathi M.Effect of providing sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP) information to persons with epilepsy (PWE) and their caregivers-Experience from a tertiary care hospital. Acta Neurol Scand. 2018 Jul 9.
15. Nambirajan A,G.S Anju,Garg A, Dash D, Bhatia R,Sharma MC,Mathur S.Cytological diagnosis of cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis in two siblings presenting with bilateral ankle swellings and neurological decline.Cytopathology
16. Dash D, Tripathi M, Bhatia R,Singh RK. Guillain- Barre syndrome: a rare presentation of borderline tuberculoid leprosy with Type 1 Lepra reaction. Journal of Neurosciences in rural practice.(In press)
17. Tripathi M, Tripathi M, Roy SG, Parida GK, Ihtisham K, Dash D, Damle N, Shamim SA, Bal C.Metabolic topography of autoimmune non-paraneoplastic encephalitis. Neuroradiology. 2018 Feb;60(2):189-198. 18. Garg D, Reddy V, Singh RK, Dash D, Bhatia R, Tripathi M.Neuroleptic malignant syndrome as a presenting feature of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis.J Neurovirol. 2018 Feb;24(1):128-131. 19. Kumar S, Ramanujam B, Chandra PS, Dash D, Mehta S, Anubha S, Appukutan R, Rana MK, Tripathi M.Randomized controlled study comparing the efficacy of rapid and slow withdrawal of antiepileptic drugs during long-term video-EEG monitoring. Epilepsia. 2017 Dec 7.
20. Elavarasi A, Dash D, Warrier AR, Bhatia R, Kumar L, Jain D, Tripathi M.Spinal cord involvement in primary CNS lymphoma.J Clin Neurosci. 2018 Jan;47:145- 148.
21. Elavarasi A, Dash D, Tripathi M, Bhatia R.Cerebellar ataxia and neuropathy as presenting features of hepatitis-B related cirrhosis and portal hypertension.BMJ Case Rep. 2017 Oct 19;2017.
22. Dash D, Aggarwal V, Joshi R, Padma MV, Tripathi M. Effect of reduction of antiepileptic drugs in patients with drug-refractory epilepsy. Seizure. 2015 Apr; 27:25-9.
23. Dash D, Sharma A,Kunwar Y,Appukutan R, Santosh M,Amit A, Tripathi M. Can home video facilitate diagnosis of epilepsy type in a developing country? Epilepsy Research. 2016 Sep; 125:19-23.
24. Dash D, Goyal V, Kumar A, Shukla G, Behari M. Long Term Efficacy of Thymectomy in Myasthenia Gravis with and without Thymoma: A Comparative Study. Neurology India(accepted)
25. Dash D, Teenu M Sebastian, Aggarwal M, Padma MV, Tripathi M. Effect of health education on drug adherence and self-care in people with epilepsy with low education. Epilepsy Behav. 2015 Mar; 44:213-7.
26. Malhotra V, Chandra SP, Dash D, Garg A, Tripathi M, Bal CS, Tripathi M.A screening tool to identify surgical candidates with drug refractory epilepsy in a resource limited settings. Epilepsy Res. 2016 Mar; 121:14-20. 27. Dash D, Bhashin A, Pandit AK, Tripathi M, Bhatia R, Prasad K, Padma MV. Risk factors and etiologies of ischemic strokes in young patients: a tertiary hospital study in north India. J Stroke. 2014 Sep; 16(3):173-7.
28. Prasad K, Dash D, Kumar. Validation of the Hindi version of National Institute of Health Stroke Scale. Neurol India. 2012 Jan-Feb; 60(1):40-4. Dash D, Tripathi M. The extratemporal lobe epilepsies in epilepsy monitoring unit. Ann Indian Acad Neurol 2014:17(suppl1):S50-5.
29. Dash D, Prasad K, Joseph L. Cerebral venous thrombosis: An Indian Perspective. Neurol India. 2015 May-Jun; 63(3):318-28.
30. Srivastava MV, Dash D. History of neurology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Neurol India. 2015 Sep-Oct; 63(5):751-61. 31. Dash D, Puri I, Tripathi M, Padma MV. Neurosarcoidosis presenting as a large dural mass lesion.BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Nov 8;2016.
32. Dash D, Kumar M, Suri V, Tripathi M. Simultaneous occurrence of scleroderma, neuromyotonia and inflammatory myopathy: evidence of common immunological etiology. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2016 Jul-Sep; 19(3):424-6. 33. Chaudhari RM, Dash D, Ramanujam B, Rana MK, Appukuttan R, Sharma A, Kunwar Y, Tejaniya G, Padma V, Chandra SP, Tripathi M.Evaluation of Ictal Consciousness in Temporal and Extra Temporal Epilepsy: Observations from a Tertiary Care Hospital in India.J Epilepsy Res. 2016 Dec 31;6(2):93-96. 34. Chaudhari RM, Ramanujam B, Appukuttan R, Sharma A, Kunwar Y, Tejaniya G, Garg A, Padma MV, Tripathi M, Bal C, Dash D, Chandra SP, Tripathi M.Utility of a questionnaire tool (QUARAS) for localizing and lateralizing seizures in the epilepsy monitoring unit (EMU).Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2016 Dec 22;153:64-66. 35. Ramanujam B, Dash D, Dabla S, Padma MV, Tripathi M. Epilepsia Partialis Continua as Presenting Manifestation of AIDS: A Rarity. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. Accepted for publication.
36. Ramanujam B, Arora A, Malhotra V, Dash D, Mehta S, Tripathi M. A case of recurrent status epilepticus and successful management with progesterone. Epileptic Disord. 2016 Mar 1;18(1):101-5.
37. Khaira A, K Dash D, Gupta A, Bhowmik D, Kalra OP, Tiwari SC. Tuberculosis of sternum: three cases with different presentations. J Assoc Physicians India. 2009 Aug; 57: 595-6.
38. Khaira A, Kalra OP, Gupta A, K Dash D. Dual genetic abnormality in the coagulation pathway as a cause of familial thrombophilia.J Assoc Physicians India. 2009 Jul; 57:529.
39. Khaira A, Gupta A, Madhu SV, K Dash D. Phenytoin induced severe disabling osteomalacia in a young male with seizure disorder. J Assoc Physicians India. 2008 May; 56:376-8.
1. D. Dash, M. Tripathi, M. Tripathi, K. Ihtisham, M.V. Padma, S.Srivastava. WCN17-1633, Clinical profile and treatment outcome of patients with anti LGI- 1encephalitis: A disease of jerks and confusion. Journal of the Neurological Sciences,2017, 381 (2017) 374–560.
2. Dash D, Goyal V, Srivasatava AK, Shukla G, Behari M .Efficacy and Safety of Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery Thymectomy for Myasthenia Gravis With and Without Thymoma: A Comparative Study. Neurology April 8, 2014 vol. 82 no. 10:7.112.
3. A Gudlavalleti, M Padma, D Dash, A Bhasin, A Kumar. A comparison of ASCO1 and TOAST classification systems for stroke in young. Int J Stroke Vol 9 (Suppl. 3); October 2014; 41–331.
4. Khaira A, Dash D,Khatri P, Singh P, Rathi Om P,, Mahajan S, Tiwari S C, Guresh Kumar. Clinical Characteristics Associated With Depression In Chronic Kidney Disease: An Indian Perspective. Indian Journal of Nephrology. Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p102-103. 2p.
5. Upadhyaya BK, Khaira A, Dash D,Khatri P, Rathi, Kumar G.Comparison of factors affecting depression in patients on hemodialysis and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Indian Journal of Nephrology. Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p128-129. 2p.
6. Dwivedi G,Dwivedi S,Dash D,Singh S,Sharma S. Key players of atherosclerosis: heredity,smoking and stress. International symposium on atherosclerosis. Atheroscler Suppl. 2003 Sep;4(2):30.
Chapters for Text book:
1. D Dash,Goyal V. Botulinum toxin in Parkinson disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders. Jaypee publishers, 2017.
2. Bhatia R, Kaul B, Dash D. Cerebral venous thrombosis. Emergencies in Neurology. Byford publishers, 2011; 214-228.
3. Tripathi M, Dash D. Dementia in Tropics. Neurology in Tropics. Elsevier Publication, 2015; 796-809.
4. Padma M V, Dash D. Approach to patient with Ischemic stroke within 4 hours of onset. Neurology Differential Diagnosis.Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Private Limited.2015; 525-528.
5. Padma MV, Dash D, Jain S. Pyogenic Meningitis. Neurology in tropics. Elsevier Publication, 2015; 134-147.
6. Padma MV, Dash D, Mahadevan A, Shankar K, Varma R, Alladi S, Kaul S. Current Concepts of Ischaemic Stroke. Neurology in Tropics. Elsevier Publication, 2015; 598-615.
7. Padma MV, Dash D. Epilepsy. Geriatric Care 2015. Viva Books Private Limited.2015
8. Padma MV, Dash D. Current concepts in Neurointensive care management. Critical care.(In press)
9. Padma MV, Dash D. Clinical Differentiation of Cerebellar Infarction from common vertigo syndrome.
10. D Dash. Diffferential diagnosis of Trigeminal Neuralgia.Springer Book, Handbook of Trigeminal Neuralgia(In press)
7. Research Projects:
1. Comparing patient reported diary with home videos in monitoring motor fluctutaions in patient with parkinson disease: a comparative study. 2. Movement disorders in patient with Neurocysticercosis: A propective observational study.
3. Predictors of survival in Progressive supranuclear palsy : a retrospective study. 4. AIIMS intramural project: Association of host leukotriene A4 hydrolase gene polymorphism with the clinical outcome of patients with Tubercular meningitis.
5. Predictors of clinical outcome in patients with Primary CNS vasculitis
Co-Investigator in projects:
1. Development of Diagnostic Grid for Prediction of Infarction in Patients with Tuberculous Meningitis.
2. Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigen detection based point-of-care test using aptamer
3. Randomised controlled study comparing the efficacy of rapid and slow withdrawal of anti-epileptic drugs during long-term video-EEG monitoring. 4. Prospective study of the Impact of disclosure of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) information to Persons with Epilepsy (PWE) and their caregivers.
5. Evaluation of Ictal Consciousness in Temporal and Extra Temporal Epilepsy: Observations from a Tertiary Care Hospital in India. 6. A screening tool to identify surgical candidates with drug refractory epilepsy in a resource limited settings.
7. The feasibility and safety of the subxiphoid video assisted thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: a pilot study. (Department of Surgery) 8. Development of Diagnostic Grid for Prediction of Infarction in Patients with Tuberculous meningitis.
9. A randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, parallel-group study comparing the efficacy and safety of ofatumumab versus teriflunomide in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis.
10. Observational study to analyze effect of Mobile Radiations on various parameters of HD EEG signals of human brain and efficacy of Envirochip in correcting the dame at department of neurology, AIIMS, New Delhi
12. A Prospective,Multicentric, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Phase II Clinical Study to Compare the Safety and Efficacy of PMZ-1620 Therapy along with Standard Supportive Care in Subjects of mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease
13. Social cognition in drug refractory epilepsy and effect of epilepsy surgery. 14. Randomized controlled trial comparing efficacy of intranasal versus intramuscular midazolam in terminating seizure during pre-surgical epilepsy VEEG monitoring. 15. Customized vs regular testing battery during ictal phase in lateralizing and localizing seizures in epilepsy monitoring unit.
16. Validation of ICH and ICH GS score in a cohort of Indian patients with intra- cerebral haemorrhage.
17. Effect of Yoga as add on therapy in migraine (CONTAIN): A randomized controlled therapy.
18. Magnetoencephalography in Epilepsy surgery: Concordance and Yield. 8. Lectures delivered at CMEs, National and International conferences S. No. Title of talk Name of the CME/conference Date City 1. Approach to
AIIMS PGI update 28th January
AIIMS Neurocritical workshop 28th October,
3. Real life dilemmas
ICTRIMS 2017 13th
4. Approach to a
patient with Non
AIIMS Neurological Life Support
(ANLS) Provider C
5. Immunization of
health care workers
Workshop on” Hospital infection control
9. List of oral papers/posters presented should be as per the format provided S.
Authors Title of
Name of the
D. Dash, M.
Annual Conference of
Indian Academy of
2. D. Dash, M.
3. D. Dash, M.
is of non-
, Hong kong