510-***-**** - firstname.lastname@example.org https://github.com/karpunch https://www.linkedin.com/in/kartik-p-7273bab4/ EDUCATION
University of California Santa Cruz, September 2017 - June 2021 Santa Cruz, CA Candidate for Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Cumulative GPA: 3.51/4.00 Dean’s List: 2017 and 2018 n Coursework Completed: Algorithms and Data Structures, Introduction to Probability and Theory, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning, Ethics and Data Science SKILLS, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
• Other Skills: Team-player, Easily Approachable, Adaptable, Fast Learner.
• Interests: Interested in Data analytics, Machine Learning, Full-stack Development, Software Engineering WORK EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate Machine Learning Research Assistant Santa Cruz, CA UCSC Augmented Design Lab September 2019 – Current
§ Optimizing accuracy to 92% from 81% with various unsupervised learning algorithms(k-means clustering and edge detection) that create segmentation maps of satellite images which identify different features in a road, due to lack of labeled data.
§ This would allow for further testing of autonomous vehicles in robust and real-life intersections in our Unreal Gaming system with Python, SUMO, and MapBox API’s(unsegmented map images TensorFlow for map creation through Python.
§ Redesigning a deep learning model for a more accurate and robust model that can accelerate our progress. Data Analytics Intern Newark, CA
Practice Suite June 2017 – August 2017
§ Developed a SQL database from recorded video calls with doctors and workers, in order to create a program that allowed doctors or other private practices to efficiently record their data from work.
§ Relayed information with the back-end developers and uploaded it to the system with their SQL databases.
§ Participated in the database design and code design to understand how full-stack development works. Java/Python Teacher Milpitas, CA
Shirdi Sai Parivar June 2016 -August 2019
§ Instructed students ranging from 5th-9th grade, basic Java/Python skills.
§ Collaborated with another fellow peer to create a curriculum for 2 months and discussed end of session goals for students.
§ Taught covered various types of variables, if/while loops, OOP and other basics of Java/Python programming.
§ Class taught additional libraries such as matplotlib, NumPy, and Pandas. PROJECTS
Employee Attrition Rate Model Python, Plotly, XGBoost July 2019 - August 2019
• Developed a Logistic Regression Model and XGBoost Model which predicted employee attrition rate.
• Utilized data from a Kaggle dataset, IBM attrition analysis and prediction.
• Designed various data visualizations and implemented feature engineering to validation increase accuracy by 7%.
• Created mock solutions to decrease employee attrition, visualized confusion matrix and roc-curve. Income Prediction Python, Matplotlib, Sci-kit-Learn February 2020 – March 2020
§ Developed a Logistic Regression Model and Decision Tree model that predicted an adult’s income rate
§ Redesigned data from the UCI machine learning repository, adults.data, so it could be used for modeling.
§ Designed and implemented feature engineering and data visualization aspect for an increase of 9.3% in validation accuracy
§ Optimized various methods so they were scalable for all data-frames we intended on using.
§ Incorporated feature testing with thresholds that identified biased features, for reporting bias and ethical fairness. U-Trient React, Python, Figma February 2019
• Created a dynamic website at SloHacks, which won best design, that formulates a dietary plan given certain information provided by the user.
• Utilized Python to create clean the dataset received from an online API and create meals accustomed to their goals and dietary limits.
• Incorporated user info we created a formula which would give the user a breakdown of his macro-nutrients (Protein, Carbs, and Fat) in order to meet his goals for the timeframe they set. Supplies Ordering system at Shirdi Sai Parivaar SpringBoot, HTML, SQL June 2016 – August 2016
• Designed a project that allowed local families to order supplies(flowers) from various vendors (United Wholesale Flowers).
• Integrated data in centralized SQL database rather than keeping data in spreadsheets.
• Created a login platform where users can purchase flowers using SpringBoot tools