Ahmed W. Abdelrahman
firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/ahmed-wael-abdelrahman-mba-dba-07a9213a Tel: 346-***-**** Friendswood, TX Professional Summary
Strong track record of Corporate Financial Management Experience in the fields of Financial Planning & Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting, Reporting, Financial Consultancy, Due diligences, Business Plans, Financial Feasibility Studies & Accounting, AR & AP, in addition to Income Tax Filing & Enterprise Risk Management, in leading US & Multiterminal Corporations & Financial Institutions to achieve their goals efficiently. Formulated & executed CAPEX-OPEX budgets forecasting & their full financial analysis that strongly affected the corporations’ cost leadership by the using of Oracle, SAP, Microsoft ERP, QuickBooks & Professional Excel. Professional skilled in financial statements reporting according to GAAP & IFRS. Processed & prepared successful financial years closing. Master & Doctorate in Finance & Investment, B.A. in Accounting, H&R Block Income Tax Certificate. & enrolled in CPA. Core Competences
Business Planning Financial Planning Business Development AP &AR Capital Budgeting Financial Modelling
Income Tax Filing
Financial Forecasting Problem Solving Cost Leadership Financial Consultancy Accrual/Cash Basis Professional Experience
Houston, Tx 8/2019-Uptill Now
Freelancer Financial Analyst and Consultant
• Provide fit-for-purpose, customized solutions tailored to solve client specific needs and requirements in the area of Financial Analysis, Budgeting, Capital Structure, Financial Leadership & Feasibility Studies &Book Keeping, AR, AP.
• SiParadigm Diagnostic Informatics, (Pathology diagnostic Lab Co.) Pine Brook, NJ 5-8/2019 Financial Consultant.
• Financial Planning: Cooperated in finance dept. restructuring that provided accurate financial planning & Analysis, forecasting, budgeting
(OPEX -CAPEX) & financial reporting to achieve the company’s objectives according to GAAP standards.
• Financial Mgt: Designed & implemented policies for the billing dept. to increase A/R collections after implementing financial analysis.
• Risk/Internal Controls: Established strategic, operational & financial risk register to enable the management to mitigate its major risks. Aljazeera Media Network, AJMN, (Worldwide Media Network) 2/2015-9/2018 Senior Financial Analyst.
• Business Planning: Studied & evaluated financially the potential business opportunities presented in Media Market. (e.g. Closing AJAM)
• Financial Forecasting: Conducted & followed up Strategic & Digital Sectors’ budgets (OPEX-CAPEX) by using SAP. Monitored & met the financial key-success factors & performance indicators. (100s of millions of USD).
• Financial Planning: Unified & Observed AJMN insurance file year 2017 under one broker (Marsh & McLennan, worldwide No.1 Broker, 2017-18) after making a full financial study, analysis & forecasting for the current insurance policies at that time.
• Risk Analysis: Launched Risk Management Dept. that facilitated the financial analysis Dept. in forecasting major financial risks. Built both AJMN High Level Risk Register to identify & mitigate the main strategic, operational & financial risks facing network & AJMN Business Continuity plan year 2017 to mitigate major strategic & financial significant disasters. Ahmed W. Abdelrahman
2 P a g e
Tamkeen Capital, (Venture Capital Group) 7/2012-12/2014 Finance Manager.
• Financial Reporting\Fund Raising: Supervised Group's financial statements & reporting preparations for two years accurately according to GAAP & IFRS standards on accrual basis. Succeeded in raising 4 Million EGP new funds.
• Cost Leadership: establishing a competitive advantage by having the lowest cost of operation in the industry. Cost leadership is often driven by company efficiency, size, scale, scope and cumulative experience
• Financial Forecasting: Controlled for 2 years OPEX-CAPEX budgets & financial analysis process that achieved group’s financial goals through analyzing various financial reports that emphasis the financial position either internally as costs, profits or externally as market.
• Business Planning: Processed 8 strategic financial feasibility studies that shared in acquiring new companies to rise the group’s net worth. Kharafi Group Egypt, (Int’l Manufacturing & Tourism Group).3/2008-6/2012 Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant Manager.
• Business Planning / Financial Modelling: Conducted more than 50 business plans & financial assessments on an ad hoc basis for potential opportunities in different business sectors & engaged in many feasibility studies and fund-raising opportunities.
• Due Diligence: Involved in the IPO’s process for the group in Egypt Year 2011-2012 (more than 20 subsidiaries)
• Org. Restructuring: Established the restructuring process in EMAK for Brake Pads (Subsidiary co.) that improved the co.’s financials. Saint Gobain, (Multinational Corporation). 7/2007-3/2008 Financial Analyst (Reporting to Finance Director). Prepared CAPEX-OPEX budget forecasting, Financial Analysis, 5-years financial plan & Financial feasibility studies. Reviewed financial reports to ensure accounting compliance with GAAP & IFRS. Assisted accounting department with reports related to the audit control, contracts and income tax matters in accrual basis, as required. Dar Al Fouad Hospital, (Cleveland Clinic, USA) 7/2005-7/2007 Financial Analyst (Reporting to the CFO) 3 feasibility studies in Cairo, UAE & KW (300 beds). 2006-07 budgets. Financial analysis. Education & Training
• CPA, currently setting for the CPA registration. Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. Expected on 2020.
• Certificate in Income Tax: H&R Block Academy, Texas 2019.
• Doctorate Business Administration, DBA: Major Finance, 2019. Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University. Egypt.
• A published Article in “Journal of Finance & Accounting” New York, June 2019
• Master Business Administration, MBA: Major Finance, Arab Academy for Science, Tech. & Maritime Transportation.
• Certificate in Risk Management: Risk Management. The George Washington University (accredited by) – Doha, Qatar.
• Bachelor: Major Accounting, Faculty of Commerce & Business Admin., Helwan University.
• IFRS 9, 15, 16 and IAS 1 Training, Deloitte Qatar. Skills
• Mastery of Microsoft applications. (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint) • Skilled in ERP, SAP, Oracle & Microsoft.