DINESH SOBITHA RAJ CHITRA LEKHA
● Senior DevOps Engineer with 6+ years of experience in building and automating all aspects of cloud and container based infrastructure, full stack provisioning, robust monitoring, failover and CICD implementation with Security best practices.
● Expertise in Kubernetes and OpenShift container orchestration platforms.
● Worked on multiple CICD tool sets to provide faster delivery. I have worked on Extended Shared library implementation for OpenShift and Kubernetes Deployments.
● Worked on AWS and Google Cloud platforms and am capable of handling the migration from on-premise to cloud platforms.
● Expertise in handling latest Devops tools like Helm, Harness, Consul for Key storage and Service Discovery and Vault for Secret storage.
● Implemented Single click Private Kubernetes cluster provisioning automation in Google Cloud platform with Jenkins Shared library, helm and ansible.
● Implemented Dynamic jenkins slave using JNLP protocol to reduce CICD resource usage.
● Implemented Packer based image build using different provisioners including ansible.
● Consumed Deployment Manager to provision GCE Instances like Jenkins Master & Slave, MySQL, MongoDB, ApacheDrill, Redis, BI Connector.
● Created AWS Cloud Formation template to provision VPC Network, instance group, Security Groups, Load Balancer, CDN and Route53.
● Hosted static websites in AWS S3 and GCP GCS and configured traffic routes using Akamai.
● Good understanding of Waterfall, Agile SDLC.
● Trained, mentored and monitored offshore resources.
● Quick learner, ability to work in groups or alone, ability to work on tight schedules.
● Highly motivated team player and great communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
● Flexible with different delivery models like onsite, onsite/offshore, offshore etc. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
● Cloud Technologies:GCP, AWS, Limited experience in OpenStack
● Containerization Platform:Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift
● SCM and Artifacts :Git, Nexus, GCR and OCR
● CICD and Image Build Tools:Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, Helm, Harness and Packer.
● Configuration Management Tools:Cloud Formation, Ansible and Terraform.
● Databases:MongoDB. MySQL, ProxySQL, MySQL Router, Bi Connector.
● Monitoring & Logging: Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager, Nagios, Datadog, Cavisson, CloudWatch, Kibana, Stack Driver and Splunk.
● Scripting Language:Groovy and Bash Scripting.
● Other Tools:Consul and Vault(key management), JIRA and ServiceNOW(Ticketing tools)
● Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
● AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate [Certificate Number : AWS-ASOA-4150]
● Red Hat Certified Engineer RHCE-7 [Certificate Number : 150115004]
● Red Hat Certified System Administrator RHCSA [Certificate Number : 150115004]
● Red Hat Certified OpenStack Administration [Certificate Number : 150115004]
● Cisco Certified Network Associate [CCNA]- Course completion WORK EXPERIENCE:
Kohl’s Retail USA - Milwaukee, WI Dec 2017 - Present Senior DevOps Engineer
● SME for many Kubernetes and Openshift hosted Applications.
● Developed Jenkins CI/CD Pipelines using Extended Shared Libraries, Groovy to automate build/deployment process of microservices developed in Java Spring boot & Node JS.
● Utilized Kubernetes and Openshift components like Controller, Scheduler, ETCD, PV and PVC, Deployments, Services, Pods, Config maps, Secrets, Labels and Selectors, Ingress, Autoscaling, Stateful Sets, Cron Jobs, Resource Quotas, Build Configs.
● Created and consumed Docker components like Dockerfile, Docker build, pull and push to Container Registry.
● Implemented Ingress Controller with helm using shared library for Private GKE Cluster provisioning automation.
● Provisioning Instances using Google Deployment Manager and Jinja Template.
● Backup strategy Implementation for Databases and Jenkins Master.
● Implemented Statefulset for Redis Cluster.
● Skopeo Implementation for promoting images between environments.
● BI Connector Implementation for Mongo DB and ILB setup for the BI Connector
● Migrating Applications and its components during Upgradation of Openshift
● Pruning Strategy for Configmaps, Secrets, Images.
● Monitoring Dashboard creation in Cavisson, Splunk for all Production Applications.
● Automating ETL jobs based on the Application requirements.
● Handled GCP Components like Instances Template, Instance Groups, Disk and Snapshots, ILB, GCP Buckets, DataFlow, Bigquery, Images, VPC, Cloud DNS, IAM, Service Accounts, Pub/Sub, Container Registry.
● Migrated most of the VM based cron jobs and ETL jobs to Kubernetes and Openshift jobs and Cron Jobs.
L & T Infotech Ltd - Bangalore, India
DevOps Engineer April 2017 – Dec 2017
● Worked as a DevOps Engineer for the L & T Public website migration project and designed the Deployment strategies to handle highly scalable system requirements.
● Built a self-healing architecture to ensure a 99.95% SLA.
● Implemented ELK stack for Log analytics.
● Configured nginx load balancer to expose more than 20 dev sites to access from the public.
● Configured SSL at Cloudfront, ELB and Instance level to achieve higher level of security also tracking and renew expired CA certificates.
● Configured AWS RDS Backend with proper DB Subnet with all the security standards for their java applications to connect using JDBC connection.
● Migrated few of their VM workloads to the AWS Elastic Container Service. NovoPay Solution Pvt Ltd - Bangalore, India Dec 2016 – April 2017 Cloud DevOps Engineer
● Worked as a DevOps Engineer and migrated workload from on-premise to cloud.
● Created AWS Cloudformation stack from scratch based on the design provided by the project architecture team.
● Implemented CI/CD pipeline for their Java based application using BitBucket Jenkins and CodeDeploy in AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
● Enabled NAT, Site to Site and Machine to Site VPN, Firewall etc as per the security rules.
● Analysed OpenVPN, OpenSwan, Pfsense for requirement feasibility.
● Analyzed AWS Inspector result and applied patches to rectify the vulnerability.
● Worked on Expanding and shrinking the AWS EBS Disks based on the requirements. Hubble Connected India Pvt Ltd - Bangalore, India Feb 2016 – Dec 2016 DevOps Engineer
● As a DevOps Engineer worked closely with solution architects to migrate clients' infrastructure from on-premise to Cloud
● Implemented CI/CD for their web and spring boot applications using Jenkins Scripted Pipelines.
● Implemented Maven release based deployment to have the common modules available for the dependency builds used Nexus as the artifacts registry.
● Automated deployment of new releases from source repository like bitbucket to different environments using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins and Deployment tool Code Deploy.
● Automated all system administrator tasks like daily Server and Database backups using shell.
● Proactively ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability with load balancing and autoscaling.
● Developed and implemented security concepts in cloud.
● Implemented centralized logging for audit and access logs using s3 and cloudwatch logs.
● Implemented monitoring tools such as nagios for infrastructure monitoring and Datadog for application monitoring. Also implemented ELK stack for analyzing logs.
● Scheduled snapshots of volumes for backup and find root cause analysis of failures and documenting bugs and fixes; scheduled downtimes and maintenance of stacks.
● Managed web servers Apache/Nginx and tomcat. Tracking, updating and terminating SSL certificates in server level as well as Load balancer level.
● Imported VMware virtual machines to AWS Cloud using AWS Import/Export.
● Implemented SSO for the AD users to access AWS resources using SAML. KDO Software India Private Limited - Chennai, India June 2015 – Feb 2016 System Administrator
● Administered Windows & Linux servers on AWS Cloud.
● Maintained AWS EC2 instances and provided Security Group permissions to clients in Romania. Checking for inactive DNS hosted zones in ROUTE 53.
● Integrated AWS and DC Servers with Nagios monitoring tool to provide complete monitoring solution. Also use custom plugins for url check.
● Maintained and Troubleshooted issues in Ubuntu servers and Virtual machines running on Dell PowerEdge r610. Those were mainly running Apache, MySql, Asterisk and Opensips services.
● Monitored VOIP Switch performance and user connection status by windows servers via RDP.
● Performed User & Group administration and File permission, Special file permission [ Suid, Sgid, Sticky bit ] in Linux machines.
Vi Microsystems Private Limited -Chennai, India June 2013 - Oct 2014 Service Engineer
● Worked as a Linux Support Engineer. Exposure of working across various functions, including. Network Troubleshooting and Linux Configurations.
● Provided 24/7 support to clients on applications running on Linux servers.
● Supported Clients to implement and Maintain various Network Servers and Security.
● Installed and configured CentOS, ubuntu and windows servers.
● Implemented NFS, SAMBA File Server for accessing shared resources.
● Provided remote server’s administration and onsite support to the clients.
● Setup Mysql server installation, taking backup of important data and restore from backup.
● File system backups and restoration, Software Installation and software support in Linux. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
Course title : Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication Institution : Sun College of Engineering & Technology, TamilNadu - India Percentage Obtained : 70% First Class (April 2013)