S. Michael Koblinski
413-***-**** ● Alpharetta, GA ● firstname.lastname@example.org
http://smichaelk.com https://github.com/Koblinskis https://linkedin.com/in/smkoblinski/ SUMMARY
Full-stack JavasScript developer with over 6 months of hands-on experience architecting, developing, and maintaining web applications. Hungry to learn. Highly skilled at collaborating with team members to ship beautiful products within deadlines. SKILLS
Freelance Software Engineer Dec. 2019 - Present
Self-Employed Alpharetta, GA
Collaborating with two senior developers to create software solutions for clients. Functioning as the primary developer and reporting to seniors for tasks. Practicing week-long sprints where task delegation is determined. New International Foods:
● Created the main website for the largest distributor of Asian foods in the eastern United States.
● Worked on a team of 3 and was assigned the majority of the development tasks.
● Used Gatsby, ReactJS, and GraphQL as a static site generator to optimize SEO and page rendering speed.
● Hooked Gatsby into Contentful as a CMS so that the client could manage their own data.
● Dynamically created over 900 static pages with Gatsby for the client’s products. PROJECTS
Dionysus https://ecstatic-easley-06cd2c.netlify.com/ A full-stack web application that allows authorized users to store data.
● A ReactJS frontend that utilizes React Hooks.
● ExpressJS API and Mongoose backend that connects to a MongoDB database for persistence.
● Stateless ExpressJS server to allow for easy horizontal scaling.
● Uses JWT to authenticate users.
● Passwords are salted and hashed before being stored to the database. New International Foods https://newintlfoods.com/
A catalog static website built for the largest distributor of Asian foods in eastern United States.
● Gatsby (ReactJS and GraphQL) was chosen as the framework to help build a fast and SEO optimized static site.
● Client required the site to be mobile-friendly, so responsible design decisions were made along the way.
● Programatically created pages from data, resulting in 900 product pages. Blog V Blog https://competent-thompson-123cfb.netlify.com/ A full-stack web application that pits two blog titles against each other and the winner is determined by the user.
● A ReactJS frontend with an ExpressJS API backend and a MongoDB database.
● Designed database schemas and enforced schemas with Mongoose.
● For production, Mongo Atlas is used to host the database, Heroku for the server and Netlify for the frontend.
● Used ChartJS as a third-party charting library to speed up development.
● Followed BEM methodology and used SCSS.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Elizabethton 2015 - 2017
● Certification of Completion, Computer/Information Technology Administration and Management