FRANCISCO J. MARIATEGUI
***** ** *** ******, *****, FL 33196; Mobile: 305-***-****; firstname.lastname@example.org. Corporate executive with cross-functional expertise in marketing and finance. Thorough business acumen acquired in senior positions in the healthcare and consumer industries in United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America.
• Revamped behavioral healthcare facility improving operating margin from 6% to 21% in 180 days.
• Permanent compliance with accreditation and regulatory agencies’ standards (ACA, Joint Commission, NCCHC).
• Effective relationship with government agencies delivered contract terms and compensation on top of competitive vendors.
• Turned around business unit from $700K loss to $6.8 million profit in 1 year on $38.4 million revenue.
• Delivered record revenue and EBITDA during first year as CEO/GM in consumer goods company.
• Grew revenue 33% and delivered 1.4% unit market share growth by launching premium product line ahead of competition.
• Reduced break-even point 21% for $44 million manufacturer and restructured operations, slashing fixed costs.
• Continuous achievement of effective balance between profitability and quality of care in healthcare settings. Results-driven leader with acknowledged skills in managing teams. Multi-cultural background; fully bilingual. ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science (BS), Business Administration, Syracuse University, NY, 1981. Advanced Management Program, IESE Business School (campus in Peru), 1994. PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Independent Business Consultant., Miami, FL. (2010 to the present)
• Draft business plans and develop marketing strategies for start-ups/small businesses in diverse industries.
• Inception of value proposition while aligning the value network with finance/operations to deliver profitable growth.
• Planning and execution of debt financing with SBA guarantees and with Private Placement for equity financing.
• Identification and selection of trade and distributions channels for Hispanic segment in USA and Latin America.
• Valuation of assets and of ongoing operations to implement exit strategies. PSYCHIATRIC SOLUTIONS, INC., Miami, FL. (2001-2010) CEO/ Residential and Non-Residential Treatment Programs – Florida & Puerto Rico Division.
• Regional scope and full P&L accountability for behavioral healthcare settings.
• Extended and nurtured referral network of mental health physicians for optimization of volume/revenue objectives.
• Effective implementation of HIPPA law, accreditation standards and regulatory requirements of government agencies.
• Financial/operational restructuring achieved $3.9 million cost reduction and profitability restored in one year.
• Achieved sustainable EBITDA of 20% through effective cost control, appropriate outcome measures, and performance metrics. DAIMLERCHRYSLER PERU, Inc. Lima, Peru. (1997-2001) CEO/ General Manager.
• Consolidated financial operations of 2 country representatives, delivering a $59 million combined revenue and 5% AAG.
• Increased segment penetration by 25% by overhauling product mix in commercial vehicle/heavy duty market niche.
• Revamped and implement corporate after-sales service procedures that delivered satisfaction ratings of 96%. THE GILLETTE COMPANY, Peru & Chile (1989-1997; 1984-1986) CEO / General Manager, Lima, Peru, 1993 – 1997.
• Restructured trade and distribution system, achieved record level in Revenue/EBITDA in history of Gillette Peru.
• Spearheaded product launch categorized as the most effective of the year 1996 by Peruvian Marketing Association. Marketing Manager, Lima, Peru, 1991 – 1993.
• Developed plan and launched oral care line that produced compounded annual growth of 15% revenue, 10% profit in 4 years.
• Reduced single-product dependence in stationery line from 88% to 37% of net sales; doubled profit contribution. Brand Manager, Santiago, Chile, 1989 – 1991.
• Profitably grew ultra competitive hair care line from 8% to 9.2% UMS and deodorants from 7% to 8.1% UMS in 2 years.
• Launched premium product line that delivered $2.5 million in annual revenue and 35 % on top of initial marketing projections. Financial Planning Manager, Lima, Peru, 1984-1986.
• Reduced accounts receivables in arrears from 8% to 1% of total in 2 years.
• Increased interest income by 20% through effective cash management while minimizing currency exposure of dollar liabilities. AMERICAN ROLLING MILL (ARMCO), INC., Lima, Peru. (1986-1989) Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Led debt restructuring with bank syndicate reducing interest expense by $2.5 million per year.
• Led cost restructuring that improved gross margin by 900 basis points. Exports grew from 2% to 8% of revenue in 3 years. Prior Experience: MERCANTILE BANK, Lima, Peru, Head of Internal Audit Dept. (1982-1984).