MENDE AKSHAY Contact: 990-***-****
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY PATNA DOB: 21/06/1998
https://www.linkedin.com/in/akshay-mende-94475b107/ email@example.com EDUCATION
Indian Institute of Technology Patna (IIT Patna)
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering (July 2015–May 2019) CGPA: 6.94 Narayana Junior College: Class XII (June 2013-March 2015) Percentage: 94.8% Ravi High School: Class X (June 2012-April 2013) CGPA: 9.5 TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Design Software: PTC Creo, SolidWorks, Auto CAD.
• Programming: C
• Simulation software: ANSYS, CIROS, MSC Adams.
• Others: MS Office
Industrial Robotics, CITD – MSME Tool Room, Hyderabad (November’19-January’20)
• Worked on Mitsubishi 5 axis robot RV2AJ using CIROS software with MELFA BASIC IV programming language.
• Learnt and performed motion control like pick and place, assembly, letter writing and palletization operations using robot arm.
• Did a project on letter writing and made the robot arm introduce by itself. Summer Trainee, NTPC limited. Visakhapatnam (May’18-June’18)
• Understood practical implementation of Rankine cycle as 2000 MW capacity NTPC.
• Training involved onsite visit of cooling towers, turbines, pump houses, coal handling plants, fire safety etc.
• We also undergone several sessions of explanation regarding safety, working, power plant cycle and NTPC environment policy.
• Training concluded with a report that describes our experience and learning from one of the best organizations in country. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
-Design of a Novel Tool for Friction Stir Processing& Preparation of FGM: (August’18-April’19)
• The Primary phase of this project was to propose a new kind of tool for FSP with a medium to deposit powder.
• Primary phase ended with creation of 3D CAD model of tool in PTC Creo and CFD analysis of the process in ANSYS.
• Secondary phase involved preparing a Functionally Graded Material using FSP process.
• Later a sample was extracted to perform hardness tests and prove that the strength of the workpiece improved remarkably.
-Automatic Key Dispenser: (August’17-April’18)
• This project involved engineering a structure that not only stores keys but also dispenses them using some mechanisms.
• Being part of an innovative CAD design team, I designed the geometry using SolidWorks and solely prepared mathematical model.
• I looked after fabricating our geometry under CNC milling and got some components 3DPrinted.
-Tuned Electromagnetic Exciter: (March’17-April’17)
• Main objective of this project is to study output oscillations of a cantilever beam.
• I was involved in understanding the concept of solenoid and apply it in the mathematical perspective I made. ACHIEVEMENTS
• A three-day industrial visit at HECL Ranchi by our Mechanical Department, we were shown different manufacturing processes.
• I participated in intra college events such as Death Race and Robo Wars. I and my team designed a Remote-controlled Car
(Eye Catcher) which got lot of appreciation for our innovative way of design and material used.
• Won second prize in T-shirt designing competition on the occasion of National Unity Week Celebrations.
• Received an interview call from reputed Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata for qualifying its entrance test.