Ninad Mehta Phone: 720-***-****
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ninad-mehta34/ Email: email@example.com EDUCATION
Master of Science, University of Colorado Boulder August 2018-June 2020 GPA 3.73/4
Bachelor of Technology, Vellore Institute of Technology July 2014-June 2018 GPA 3.45/4
Research Assistant, Emergent Nanomaterials Lab, University of Colorado Boulder August 2019
• Focused on synthesis, characterization of novel material – polyrotaxane for making glasses, gels and polymer coating in the ‘Slide-Ring materials project’
• Engineering a polyrotaxane coating for Poly-ethylene glycol based Micro-bubbles to be utilized for biomedical applications.
Research Assistant, Micro-Nano Tech Lab, University of Colorado Boulder January 2019-August 2019
• Investigated on the working of hydrophobic and oleophobic coatings and successfully reproduced polymer coatings made out PDMS and PTFE which are phobic to water and alcohol.
• Equipped a setup for thermoelectric device testing in vacuum environment. Research Assistant Composites lab, Vellore Institute of Technology July 2016-May 2018
• Explored Dynamic, flexural and fracture characteristics of the flax fiber and jute fiber reinforced polypropylene honeycomb core sandwich panels.
Research Assistant Materials Engineering and Techniques lab, Vellore Institute of Technology July 2017-May 2018
• The work done here encompassed multi-pass, gas tungsten arc welding by adopting pulsating current for joining nitrogen-enhanced, low-carbon austenitic stainless steel, AISI 316 L(N).
• My team examined mechanical and high temperature corrosion properties of weldments of Austenitic Stainless steel 316LN for their potential applications in nuclear and marine industry. Vice-Captain, Unmanned Ariel Vehicle Team, Creation Labs August 2015-July2017
• Led a team for design, fabrication and logistics of a fixed wing autonomous U.A.V for coastal and neighborhood surveillance.
• Manufactured sandwich panels of foam and carbon fiber for wings and bulk heads to enhance structural rigidity. Intern, Larsen & Toubro December 2016-January 2016
• Trained in machining, non-destructive testing, destructive testing and heat treatment processes for manufacturing of motor casings for Polar Satellite Launching Vehicles and Geosynchronous Satellite Launching Vehicles. COURSEWORK PROJECTS
Design for Manufacturability
• Reverse engineered and re-designed a measuring wheel using DFA and DFM analysis on components.
• Optimized the design to reduce material usage, and product cost in total through implementation of DFMA.
• Redesigned the wheel to include spray unit and decreased the part count of the entire assembly. Finite Element Analysis
• Simulation of structural and thermal stresses generated in the disc-brake assembly during a braking event.
• Comparison of stress build-up in Carbon Ceramic, Cast Iron and Stainless Steel discs using Abaqus CAE.
• Optimization of disc and brake pad geometry for improved heat dissipation. COURSES
Design for Manufacturability, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Failure of Engineering Materials, Micro-electro-Mechanical Systems, Microsystems Integration, Polymers, Nanomaterials PUBLICATIONS
Experimental Investigations on Flexural and Fracture Behaviors of Flax Fiber Reinforced Sandwich Panels Published in: International Review of Mechanical Engineering, March 2018 Microstructural Evolution, Structural Integrity, and Hot Corrosion Performance of Nitrogen-Enhanced Stainless Steel Welds
Published in: Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, July 2019 Dynamic Characteristics of Honeycomb Sandwich Beam Made with Jute/Epoxy Composite Skin Published in: Institution of Civil Engineers, January 2020 SKILLS
Modelling and Analysis: SolidWorks ( 3D Modelling), ANSYS, ABAQUS, Hypermesh Optistruct, FEniCS, Gmsh, Paraview, MATLAB, FEA using SolidWorks
Manufacturing: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Computer Aided Design, Design for Manufacturability Photolithography for Micro-electro-mechanical-systems, PCGTA welding, Injection Molding, 3D-Printing, Casting, Forging, CNC Machining, Vacuum molding, Rheology, Tensile Testing, Statistical Process Control (SPC)