CHARUL C JAITLY (MBA, DQA, PMP)
An accomplished and result oriented HR professional with over 17 years of progressive experience in Global and Regional Human Resources Leadership roles across diverse industries portfolio. Passionate about roles where I can create a positive impact in the organization’s HR function.
• Regional and Global multi-unit management experience
• Strategic HR Planning
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• HRIS Implementation (global)
• Diverse Industry Experience – Hospitality, Retail, Aviation, Technology, Luxury Goods, Health and Wellness, Professional Services and Consulting
Proven experience in full cycle Human Resources management in the areas of:
• Strategic HR Planning
• Organizational Development
• Policy Development
• Project/ Change Management
• Recruitment and Talent Management
• Performance Management
• Training and Development
• Payroll and Budgeting
• Staff Entitlements & Benefits Administration
• Labor and Employee Relations
• Health and Safety
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Data Analysis and HRIS
A Proactive Self Starter with strong Leadership, Planning, Organizing, Critical Thinking, Decision- Making, Problem Solving and Communication and Consultation Skills. Experience working in rapidly changing and complex work environments, with the ability to multi-task and interface at all levels. Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with absolute discretion and tact.
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
Expected – May 2020
• Master’s Degree (MBA) in Human Resources Management February 2010
University of Wales, UK
• Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Delhi University, India
• Diploma in Hotel Management
Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, India CERTIFICATIONS
• Dubai Quality Assessor (DQA), Dubai Economic Department
• TalentQ Assessments (Mental Agility and Psychometrics), Korn Ferry Hay Group
• DiSC Psychometric Profiling
• NLP, Planned
Group HR Head and Partner
Mātiti Group (Consulting Services Firm), Dubai, UAE 2018 – Current
• Responsible for senior level decision making, and both day to day HR management and strategic direction of the organization.
• Guided management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
• Provided consulting services to our clients, addressing areas of challenges in key processes such as – talent management, leadership development, succession planning, learning strategy, total rewards alignment, organization design, corporate culture, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion.
• Managed a pool of global client group, ensuring there immediate and long-term HR needs are addressed in alignment with their HR strategy and overall Company objectives.
• Designed and evaluated career paths, overseeing HR functions and crafting strategies that meet the business goals.
• Communicated frequently with departmental and executive stakeholders to understand the unique needs of their workforce. Advised and influenced executives, providing insights that lead to key decision making within the business.
• Responsible for formulating strategies that lead to quality and depth in the talent employed in the business. This is inclusive of leadership, employee development, and the securing of future business growth with a focus on talent, and company culture.
• Leveraged management tools that identify, align, and build on the business’s human capital capabilities in order to achieve overall business results and reach desired targets.
• Stayed abreast with the latest industry trends and best practices, ensuring optimal performance of the HR department, which in turn influences the performance of the various departments and the business at large.
• Delivered innovative HR programs within fast paced, evolving, and wide organizational setting. Effectively assessed the internal business environment and deliver transformative change where necessary.
• Maintained a proactive approach going beyond the call of duty, working comfortably with high-ranking executives, handled multiple tasks and met tight deadlines, in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, and demonstrated composure during times of uncertainty and stress. Achievements
• Percentage of active open positions filled within the targeted deadline improved by 20% year on year.
• Achieved external customer satisfaction levels with HR services at above 85%.
• Over 45% percent of HR annual initiatives completed on time and within budget. Human Capital Director– Europe, Middle East and Africa Palladium (International Professional Services Firm), Dubai, UAE May 2014 – December 2017
• Provided leadership advisory guidance, oversight and relevant metrics in the implementation of HR policies and processes, ensuring alignment with the best practices in the industry.
• Developed and implemented an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensured HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization.
• Implemented human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and wellness benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention and labor relations.
• Collaborated with all divisions, departments and team members to ensure cross-functional implementation of the Human Capital Strategy and other related initiatives.
• Change Management expert, leveraging on people dynamics and organizational systems for planning, executing and coordinating change direction and human capital control.
• Lead the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provided leadership for Human Resources strategic planning. Established HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals. Developed and administered programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce planning with the strategic goals of the company.
• Developed and monitored an annual budget that included Human Resources services, employee recognition, team events, community support, company philanthropic giving, and benefits administration.
• Conducted salary surveys, industry benchmarking and constant study of the market trends. Established the regional wage and salary structure, pay policies, and monitored the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
• Lead the competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
• Determined and recommended employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conducted periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement.
• Coached and trained managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
• Lead company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Child Protection, the Department of Labor, Worker compensation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and so forth.
• Designed, directed and managed a company-wide development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
• Identified and monitored the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
• Participated in a process of organization development to plan, communicate, and integrate the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
• Managed and actively participated in the implementation of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives across all HR functions.
• Project managed the setup of Palladium legal entity in Africa and Kuwait – from Contracts and Compliance to HR benchmarking, Finance and Operations set up.
• Implemented and drove the Saudization agenda in KSA Office, which resulted in an increase of local hires to 62% of the total team strength.
• Instrumental in the formalization of India Joint Venture. Worked with the key stakeholders (MD, Country Head, CFO, Legal advisors, etc…) in setting up Palladium’s new entity in India.
• Contributed in the design and delivery of the Agile team model for the EMEA region.
• Conducted various culture workshops and focus groups in an ongoing effort to define Palladium’s core values.
• Lead the roll out and implementation of the new Performance Excellence framework.
• Audited and benchmarked employee benefits and pension policies, resulting in the manpower cost savings of up to 18 %.
Global Talent Acquisition Director- Managed US, EMEA and APAC Regions Palladium (International Professional Services Firm), Dubai, UAE August 2015- October 2016
• Served as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that resulted in client satisfaction. Developed effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
• Developed and maintained effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
• Created and maintained an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
• Ensured that organization-wide talent management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Developed appropriate marketing strategies, defined roles and responsibilities of hiring team, and develop service- level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
• Collected aggregate data for talent pool and translated those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
• Developed and implemented creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
• Established and lead the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce. Chaired any employee selection committees or meetings. Achievements
• Project managed the global roll out of HRIS tool (Salesforce), including design, development, implementation and training of the team across the organization.
• Lead the standardization of global recruitment Policies and Guidelines, together with agreed SLAs per region.
• Launched the new University Intake Program to attract new talent into Palladium and create a pool of high- performing employees ready for future advancement and growth opportunities within the organization.
• Managed the design and implementation of ‘Talent Pools’ across different practice areas, to enhance talent sourcing capabilities globally.
• Build a new ‘sub-contracting framework agreement’, selected vendors and negotiated rates across the MENA region, which resulted in a reduction of 20% overall indirect labour costs. Director Human Resources– Managed US and Canada
Indigo (One of the biggest Canadian Retail and Technology Brand), Toronto, Canada June 2013 – April 2014
• Developed HR strategy and oversaw the design, development and delivery of core Human Resources programs and policies. Partnered with business leaders to address and resolve complex matters relating to employee relations, labour relations and HR process implementation.
• Project managed the Company wide Employee Engagement and Salary Surveys. Scoped and planned national communications, analyzed results, presented impact analysis and developed action plans.
• Proactively identified and assessed trends in employee turnover, engagement and productivity and developed and recommended strategies to exploit opportunities or mitigate weaknesses. Built the talent bench and succession position of the team by partnering directly with business leaders to define talent needs and develop current talent.
• Provided functional leadership to direct reports and ensured all team members are provided with clear performance objectives that are aligned with the HR/OD goals and Indigo overall.
• Managed the review and implementation of all training programs aligned with each business needs, provided necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
• Lead the implementation of the performance management system that included performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
• Established an in-house employee training system that addressed company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management development, production cross- training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfers.
• Administered the full employment cycle from on boarding, orientation and probation tracking to asset recovery, exit interviewing, full and final settlement and separation. Achievements
• Key contributor to the Organizational Design, Company changed from books and music to general merchandise.
• Project managed the Company wide Employee Engagement Survey. Scoped and planned national communications, analyzed results and developed action plans to address concern areas. The agreed initiatives resulted in an overall 6% increase in engagement over a course of 4 months.
• Developed recruitment best practices and implemented Psychometric and related competency assessments. Reason for leaving- Relocated to UAE for personal reasons Senior Manager Human Resources
Freelance Consulting Services, Bengaluru, India
March 2012 – March 2013
• Successfully defined and set up the HR functions for the organization- including developing policies and procedures, handbooks and providing training on key compliance issues. Focused on developing organizational competency Reason for leaving- Relocated to Canada for personal reasons Group Human Resources Business Partner- Managed 16 countries Destinations of the World (Dedicated B2B International Travel Industry Wholesaler), Dubai, UAE June 2008 – October 2011
• Successfully managed HR functions (operational and strategic) for 21 offices in 16 countries. Partnered with HR representatives globally to provide business partner guidance in the areas of HRIS, recruitment, compensation, training, employee relations and performance management. Reason for leaving- Relocated to India for personal reasons Other Experiences
Talent Acquisition Manager
Wafi Group- SRI (Health, Well Being, Fitness concepts and products), Dubai, UAE December 2006 – June 2008
Training, Development & Quality Assurance Assistant Manager Moevenpick Hotel (Swiss Five Star Hotel with 255 guest rooms), Dubai, UAE May 2005 – December 2006
Assistant Manager Food and Beverage with Marriott Hotel in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. One year experience each, as Flight Stewardess with Jet Airways and Supervisor in Food and Beverage with Oberoi Hotels and Resorts. May 2000 – December 2004
• SHRM (Society of Human Resources Managers), HRCI, USA
• Worldwide Branding, USA
• Operating system- Windows XP, Windows 7 & 8, Mac OS X, Mac OS 8.6.
• Software- Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook 2010, Adobe, ERP for HR, SAP and Oracle, Salesforce OTHER DETAILS
• Lived and worked in Curacao (Netherlands Antilles), UAE, Canada and India.
• Regions Managed- Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, US and Canada.
• Valid Driving License- UAE, Canada and India.
• Languages – English (native fluency), Hindi (native) VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Mentor- 2014 Onwards
• Promise of a Generation (POAG), UAE
• LINK Mentoring, UAE