Contact: +91-917******* / ~ E-Mail: email@example.com
Finance & Accounts, Service Delivery / Operations Management
[Location Preference: Chennai, Bangalore,Delhi & Pune] Profile Summary
• A seasoned professional with nearly 22 years of experience in Finance & Accounts Operations and P & L Operations:
~ Process Management ~ Stakeholder Management ~ MIS Management
~ Liaising & Coordination ~ Audit & Internal Control ~ Commercial Operations
~ Costing Operations ~ Budgeting ~ Treasury / Fund Management
• Deft in handling entire accounting & finance functions including maintenance & finalization of accounts, working capital management, profit monitoring, taxation, building internal financial controls, etc.
• Dynamic & proactive approach in successful organizational development initiatives that delivered consistent & sustainable revenue & profitability
• Proficient in managing process operations (finance) with an aim to accomplish corporate plans & goals successfully
• Excellent understanding in formulating budgets, implementing systems/procedures, conducting ageing analysis, preparing key reports to exercise financial control and enhancing overall efficiency of the organisation
• Steered initiative with strong communication, coordination, analytical and people management skills Skill Set
Leadership: Advises the management on business strategies, promotes organization among customers & vendors and drives organization mission through employees & supports motivation of employees in organization
Visionary: Ensures staff has sufficient & up-to-date information, looks to the future for change opportunities and interfaces between management
Decision Making: Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the management, decides or guides the stakeholders of action in operations by staff / employees Management: Oversees operations of the organization, implements plans, manages human / financial & physical resources
Personal Credibility: Uses personal credibility to influence the outcomes beyond own business & functional area Employment Details
Feb’16 onward: Working as Manager – Finance & Procurement with Ascentech Engineering Solutions Ltd, Hyderabad
• Oversee the entire gamut of finance, accounting, treasury and costing functions
• Establish all internal controls and systems and processes for US Military Grade Standard Shelter Manufacturing company
• Profitability statement for the each completed project and reconcile the statement with quote submitted to customers
• Management Report to Director – Finance on a monthly basis which includes P&L A/c and Balance Sheet.
• Projected Cash flow & Actual Cash flow on Monthly Basis along with reason for Deviation against Projected.
• Supporting the technical team for material procurement by validating quotations in terms of price, credit period etc while finalising the creditor.
• Proactive input to management on pricing strategy by ensuring recovery of Overheads and Ways and Means for Profit Maximisation.
• Costing of Product and control on expenses to be in line with the same.
• Help Technical team to institute process which will enable them to control their activity in the context of cost effective.
Feb’14-Jan’16: Worked as Chief Accounts and Contracting Manager with Nymphette India-A Travel and Event Management Company, Chennai
• Headed the Accounts & Finance Team in the Corporate office in Chennai
• Managed all the 3 centres of the Company (Chennai, Hyderabad & Cochin)
• Management report to the MD on a weekly basis on the performance of the Company.
• P&L report to the Management for each completed Tour & Event.
• Co-ordinated with the Clients for the Tours and Event management. Oct’10 – Apr’13: IBM Global Process Services, Chennai as Manager – F & A Operations (R2R and P2P Tower of ANZ Process)
• Conferred with the following awards:
o Pepsi Award as team for the excellent delivery for the year 2011 o Star Performer of the year 2011 for successfully singed off the DTPs o Best Manager of the year 2011 for the extraordinary Contribution in the Service Delivery
• Mentored a team of over 40 members
• Efficiently & effectively completed and signed off the: o DTPs for the R2R Domestic Process
o Process mapping in the Blue Works Live for the entire P2P & R2R Towers
• Deftly designed and streamlined the MIS management for the process in creating transparency and helped in completing the successful transition
• Demonstrated success & proven track record in creating and testing the DTP
• Credited for process mapping for the other process like Australian Process, Gulf Process, etc. Role
• Managed the GL Operations Team for one of the world’s largest FMCG Client
• Oversaw the complete month end closure and other post close activities
• Involved in monthly management reporting, CAPEX reporting, account reconciliation and balance sheet reviewing as per SLA deadlines in SAP environment
• Steered efforts in preparing and submitting the Hyperion Financial Management to the client for US consolidation
• Guiding the efforts of ANZ P2P team
• Ensuring weekly calls with clients for continuous interaction to make sure that area of concern can be worked upon for improved service levels.
• Undertaking a monthly operations review for identifying the gaps as well as inducing measures for enhanced efficiencies
• Overseeing Monthly Scorecard, Monthly Management Reporting
• Looking after the functions pertaining to volume metrics & Query Management Apr’04 – Oct’10: Steria India Ltd., Chennai & Pune as Service Manager - Finance & Accounts Shared Service Centre Highlights
• Functioned as Delivery Manager for finance & management accounting service line (General Ledger Services)
• Administered a team of over 55 members for P2P Process
• Acknowledged with Pat on the Back & Long Service Award for successfully completing the service of 5 years
• Extended support to the F&A team and received the Best Service Line Award in 2008
• Credited for transitioning the:
o Finance and Management Accounting (F & MA) General Ledger Service Process of leading broadcasting company in London, UK to Chennai
o Accounting to Reporting General Ledger Services process of Governmental Health Service in UK from Leeds to Pune
o Accounts Payable Process of Governmental Health Service in UK from Leeds to Pune.
• Instrumental in reporting SLA of the entire account to the Director, F & A BPO.
• Delivered training and orientation to the new recruits on various processes
• Deftly formulated a periodic assessment of all internal controls & updated the process documentation with changes
• Ascertained that the audit conducted by client and internal audit team was given satisfactory ratings
• Effectively coordinated with all stakeholders for resolving day to day issues and queries
• Handled Video Conference with the client on a weekly basis Previous Experience
Sep’02 – Apr’04: Spartek Ceramics India Ltd., Chennai as Manager-Accounts
• Coordinated with Auditors for completion of Statutory Audit,Tax Audit, Concurrent Audit & Internal Audit.
• Handled maintenance of updated accounts, duly covering Purchases, Materials, Sales, Debtors, Creditors, Payroll & Administration.
• Fund Management
• Involved in preparation of:
- Costing for Vitrified Tiles.
- MIS report for the plant
Mar’00 – Aug’02: Pentamedia Graphics Ltd., Chennai as Manager - Finance
• Handled the Complete General Accounting, preparation of Quarterly Financial Statements.
• Involved in preparation and submission of:
- All statutory RBI Applications for request for approval of Foreign exchange Remittance for Transponder Hire Charges.
- Applications to Ministry to I&B for obtaining licence to setup Uplinking facility (Hub/Teleport).
- Termloan application to KSIIDC, Liaisoning with Banks on.L/C opening, Wire transfer, etc
- Commercial Invoices & Billing for Splash Channel Air time and Ad sales.
- Reconciliation Statement pertaining to Debtors, Creditors, Bank etc.
- Budgets, Managed Treasury issues and Fund Management.
- MIS Reports for the Board, Holding Company & Chairman's Office.
• Coordinated with:
- Consultants on Sales Tax, Service Tax matters, Filing of Returns etc.
- Internal & Statutory Auditors.
Jun’96 – Feb’00: Switching Technologies Gunther Ltd., as Finance Manager
• Opened an Escrow Account in Deutsche Mark with SBI Overseas Branch and operated the account successfully for 2 years
• Fund Management & Liaisoning with EXIM Bank, SBI Overseas Branch, RBI, IFC (Washington) on Term Loan issues.
• Successfully completed Rephasement Schedule for the Term Loan with EXIM Bank, SBI Overseas Branch, RBI, IFC
• Involved in preparation of:
- Quarterly Financial Statements for RBI, Eximbank, IFC Washington & SBI Overseas Branch.
- MIS Reports for the Board & the Head Office (Gunther, Germany).
• Maintenance of all Records relating to Inventory,Fixed Assets etc.
• Payments of Statutory dues and Filing of Returns (Income Tax, Provident Funds, Insurance, Sales Tax & RBI).
• Co-ordinated with Internal & Statutory Auditors.
• Submitted ECB2 (External Commercial Borrowings) statement & Import and Export Net off statement to RBI on a quarterly basis
Sep’93 – Apr’96: Multi-Tech Computers (P) Ltd., New Delhi as Accountant
• Handled activities pertaining to Inventory, Payroll, Debtors & Creditors Control along with generation of MIS reports..
• Financial Accounting and Payroll Accounting.
Sep’91 – Aug’93: Keen Computer Systems, Chennai as Programmer
• Successfully developed:
- Integrated Accounting-cum-Inventory Control Package in Foxpro for various companies.
- Standard Accounting package in Foxpro for Automobile dealers and Timber Merchants. Education
• MBA (Finance) from IGNOU, New Delhi in 1999
• M.Com. from Chennai University in 1995
• B.Com. from Chennai University in 1989
• P.G. Diploma (Computer Applications) from Keen Computer Systems, Chennai in 1991 IT Skills
• Well versed with SAP & Oracle Financials, Windows 2003, MS-Office and Internet Applications Personal Details
Date of Birth: 20.05.1966
Address: Kumara Krupa, Old No.7, New No.11, Valliammal Garden 3rd Street, Rangarajapuram, Kodambakkam, Chennai – 600 024
Languages Known: English, Tamil, Hindi and Telugu