EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER
Collaborative, transparent and client-focused Project Manager with 10 years' experience in the construction and glazing industry, managing complex and multimillion-dollar contracts in the public and private sector. Known for hands-on approach to leading projects with multi-level deliverables and tight deadlines, containing costs and responding to unforeseen issues. Able to build strong relationships and achieve buy-in with clients, providing regular and prompt communication with project stakeholders. Skilled at gaining a deep understanding of client needs, negotiating contracts, de-escalating tense situations and managing relationships with contractors and consultants. Able to train, mentor and educate, relaying complex information into messages easily understood by others.
Areas of Expertise
PROJECT MANAGER FLYNN CANADA 2015-2017
Managed the multimillion-dollar glazing contract to retrofit the Carling Campus of the Department of National Defence, including working with architects to contribute to site design, negotiating contracts for project team of over 30 people, overseeing daily construction work onsite, managing relationships with general contractors and all materials shipments, proactive communication with project stakeholders regarding status and issues, and adjusting project plan where necessary.
· Proactively communicated site condition and project status to upper management, drafting, and estimating teams in Toronto.
· Hired new employees through union halls and communicating with trade representatives.
· Monitored schedules, budgets, contract revisions, delays and participated in month-end billing cycles.
· Contributed to business development to secure additional high-profile to secure contracts by stewarding strong lasting relationships with large contracting firms.
· Worked closely with the site superintendents to ensure frame fabrication, deliveries, and onsite installation reached the projected milestones.
· Attended onsite meetings with owners, architects, contractors, and consultants weekly to discuss the ongoing status of construction and minutes of meetings.
· Performed site walk-through inspections, documented discussions, and addressed them promptly.
· Provided technical information to clients as requested, and cost effective solution recommendations.
· Processed and distributed samples for architect approvals as per specification in a timely manner, to initiate the material ordering process.
Leadership Project Management Project Coordinator
Team Building Problem Solving Scheduling
Contract Management Cost Control Client Relations
Hiring and Interviewing Negotiating Business Development PROJECT MANAGER VERVAL LTE 2011-2015
Managed and oversaw all project deliverables for high-profile multimillion-dollar glazing projects, including: Project BORR, CF Rideau Centre expansion, and Bank of Canada. Focused primarily on complexed design assist projects.
· Worked with suppliers nationally and internationally to negotiate, supply material deliveries and time sensitive documents.
· Processed and distributed latest shop and architectural drawings, to ensure the team was up to date on the latest changes.
· Developed material ordering procedures to ensure accuracy, accountability, and confirmed delivery dates in writing from suppliers.
· Designed and tested internationally-sourced materials for CF Rideau Centre expansion and oversaw overnight installation of interior balustrade glazing, stainless steel flashings, railings, and hardware.
· Experienced in negotiating/estimating new contract work, risk management practices, and postmortem discussions.
· Reviewed architectural changes to shop drawings, and communicated revisions to the team, for shop drawing resubmission.
· Developed a strong understanding of various building materials and installation methods while working on high level contracts.
· Collaborated with designers, architects, and engineers to approve changes in a timely manner ensuring that the schedule is on time and on budget.
· Adhered to strict security protocols, and sensitive information that could jeopardize the project and national security.
· Attended weekly site meetings and maintained a positive relationship with the general contractor. COORDINATOR/PROJECT MANAGER OTTAWA VALLEY GLASS 2007-2011 Coordinated and managed multimillion-dollar contracts with the University of Ottawa Desmarais Building, Ottawa International Airport Phase 2, and Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport.
· Established a corporate presence and supervised daily construction at the Winnipeg Airport for 2 years.
· Sourced new suppliers, resources, employees, and relationships while in Winnipeg to cut down on costs, and reduce delivery times.
· Commuted from Ottawa to Winnipeg on weekly basis to attend meetings, resolve site issues, provide expense reports, and to report back to the director.
· Created daily report procedures, which became a crucial resolution tool when negotiating with financial disagreements if needed.
· Successfully tracked and documented, change orders, RFI’s, extras, material deliveries and project milestones.
· Performed weekly tailgate meetings for up to 30 employees onsite as a member of the Occupational Health and Safety team) Member of health and safety groups, preformed weekly tailgate meeting for up to 30 employees on site.
· Designed, implemented and authorized quality control procedures and programs in accordance to contract specifications.
· Took on the additional role as the main crane operator, allocating material and participated in frame and glazing installations.
Other Related Experience
SITE FOREMAN NATURAL IMPRESSIONS LANDSCAPING 2018-2019 Performed regular garden maintenance, garden installations, and designs. Focused, and specialized on regenerative and sustainable horticultural practices, using locally sourced, high quality certified organic materials.
· Implemented new procedures to increase productivity.
· Safely operated heavy equipment and power tools during garden installation, excavations, and flag stone projects.
· Developed strong client relationships and customer satisfaction.
· Provided advice and guidance to clients on all matters relating to gardening.
· Supervised the work of day labourers involved in any projects.
· Designed and installed many hardscape features including paths, walls and raised beds using reclaimed indigenous stone.
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECH ALGONQUIN COLLEGE 2002-2004 Diploma Program
Training & Certificates
· Working From Heights Certificate - 2015
· Auto Cad Course - Algonquin College - 2011
· Blueprint Reading - Algonquin College - 2010