CHARLES W. “CHUCK” SPRAGUE
email@example.com · www.linkedin.com/in/cwsprague Experienced geologist/hydrogeologist seeking senior level employment in the environmental consulting industry. Licensed Professional Geoscientist and CAPM in Texas, and Licensed Professional Geologist in Tennessee. Environmental consulting experience includes planning, budgeting, conducting and managing Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III Environmental Site Assessments; oversight and management of professional staff, consultants and vendors; mentoring and training of junior level staff; conducting environmental compliance audits; and implementation of remediation operations for industrial, commercial, institutional, military, and residential sites in fourteen states. Sites were impacted with petroleum hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, PCBs, pesticides, inorganic chemicals, and heavy metals. Maintained relations with clients and regulatory agencies through excellent communications and project management. Provided field support to geotechnical department by logging soil borings and collecting soil cores for geotechnical analysis.
DECEMBER 2016 – FEBRUARY 2020
SENIOR GEOLOGIST, WOOD E&IS (FKA AMEC FOSTER WHEELER)
• Managed nation-wide Due Diligence Program for nation-wide home builder. o Oversaw and conducted Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments. o Expanded areal extent of Due Diligence coverage as client expanded operations. o Increased revenue by approximately 15% through expansion of coverage.
• Conducted Phase I and Phase II field operations for a large airport to support their environmental program.
• Supported office geotechnical department field operations by logging and sampling geotechnical soil borings.
MARCH 1998 – DECEMBER 2016
SENIOR HYDROGEOLOGIST, DOUGHERTY SPRAGUE ENTERPRISES, INC. (FKA DOUGHERTY SPRAGUE ENVIRONMENTAL, INC.)
• Directed staff and planned, budgeted, and implemented Phase II and Phase III operations for private, institutional, industrial, commercial, and governmental projects.
• Managed and conducted Phase II field operations for the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Arizona and Nevada at remote Indian Reservations. Site impacts due to pesticides and petroleum hydrocarbons.
• Planned and conducted a multiyear rights-of-way clearance Phase II operations in support of the Texas Department of Transportation for widening of three major highways in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
• Dry Cleaner operations
o Planned, budgeted and oversaw Phase II and III operations for assessment of multiple dry cleaners throughout Texas.
Resume – CW Sprague
o Operations included preparation of Dry Cleaner Program applications, site assessments, and remediation operations.
o Legal support of dry-cleaning machine manufacturer in lawsuit.
• Led sampling teams for multiyear monitoring of natural attenuation at a large former defense site impacted with perchlorates near McGregor, Texas.
• Conducted a large-scale Phase I and II assessment of multiple sites on St. Paul Island, Pribilof Islands, Alaska, in support of NOAA program to return land to native corporations.
o Conducted and managed soil/rock boring operations with monitor well installation across the island.
o Field screened soil/rock samples for impact by petroleum hydrocarbons. o Conducted aquifer tests by slug testing.
• Closed a former industrial site under compliance orders by monitoring natural attenuation and use of active remediation augmentation to reduce hot spots.
• Disaster Response for major incidents.
o USEPA START/Shuttle Columbia Recovery
Team leader of USFS fire fighters and USEPA emergency response and recovery field teams; coordinated operations with NASA, USEPA, and BLM personnel.
Recovered, identified, and cataloged debris over a large portion of Texas and Louisiana.
o USEPA START/Hurricane Katrina Response—coordinated with USEPA, START, LDEQ, and TCEQ personnel.
Surface water quality sampling team leader.
Radioactive site reconnaissance team.
HAZMAT reconnaissance team.
NO DEGREE, UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS
UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES IN CIVIL ENGINEERING WITH GEOTECHNICAL EMPHASIS. MASTER OF SCIENCE-GEOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
• Emphasis in hydrogeology.
• Teaching assistant for Physical Geology, Geology for Engineers, Geological Field Methods, and Summer Geology Field Camp.
• Research Assistant for site assessment of former naval stores facility impacted with phenols; site became a super fund.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE-GEOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
• President of Geology Club.
• Inducted into Sigma Gamma Epsilon-national earth sciences honor society NO DEGREE, UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA
UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES IN CHEMISTRY
Resume – CW Sprague
• Licensed Geoscientist in Texas-TX47
• Corrective Action Project Manager, TX543
• Current 8-Hr OSHA HAZWOPER refresher
• MS Office
• Licensed Geologist in Tennessee-TN1385
• 40-Hr OSHA HAZWOPER
• 8-Hr OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisor
• Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists
• National Ground Water Association (Association of Ground Water Scientists and Engineers)
• Geological Society of America
• Texas Association of Professional Geoscientists (Past State President) PUBLICATIONS/PRESENTATIONS
• Engineering Geology of the Gainesville Urban Area, Alachua County, Florida, MS Thesis, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
• “Subsurface Environmental Assessment in Coastal Louisiana,” presented to the Association of Engineering Geologists, Jackson, MS.
• “Best Management Practices for Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans,” presented to DFW USP Main Post Office Facility, Dallas, TX.
• “Dry Cleaner Facility and Chlorinated Solvent DNAPL Assessment,” presented to TNRCC (now the TCEQ), Austin, TX.
• Accelerated Bioremediation with Slow Release Electron Donors and Electron Receptors, Regenesis, Dallas, TX.
• Accelerating Site Closeout, Improving Performance, and Reducing Costs Through Optimization, Interstate Technology Regulatory Council, Dallas, Texas.
• Aquifer Tests: Operations and Parameter Estimation, National Ground Water Association, San Antonio, TX.
• Screening Modeling for Natural Attenuation with BIOSCREEN, BIOCHLOR, and the NA Tool Kit, National Ground Water Association, Miami, FL.
• NAPLs in the Subsurface, National Ground Water Association, Fort Worth, TX.
• Characterizing and Remediating Dense Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids at Hazardous Sites Seminar, US Environmental Protection Agency, Dallas, TX.