Michael Robert Hayden
Flexible, adaptable and skilled English teacher, with experience of working with students from many different countries and with different backgrounds and educational needs. I put great emphasis on developing individual education plans for all my students. I have also worked as a successful sales and retail manager, finding success in various industries. I have worked with some of Britain's best-known brands and have a proven background of meeting and exceeding goals.
I have a very high level of communication and negotiation skills with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels. I can work effectively both individually or in teams, based on the situation.
A few years ago, I moved with my family to Sweden to return to my wife's home country. The last 3 years I have studied Swedish and worked as an English teacher, primarily for enterprise-English (Business English).
I'm always focused on improvements and am currently looking for a new challenge whilst now focusing on to start the next phase of my career. Professional experience:
Mother tongue English Teacher
Currently I am working as an English Teacher for Sprakcentrum, throughout various schools in Gothenburg
Teacher of Business English
Learnlight GlobalEnglish: Molndal, Sweden (working from home) 2015-2017 Worked with students from all over the world who were all at different stages in their training, and they all had their own development plans. I also worked with Web-based training solutions using Learnlight's own platform. General Manager
Euphorium Bakery: London, 2012-2014
• Recruited, trained and led a new, international team at Euphorium's new flagship store in Kensington.
BC Inmobliaria: Barcelona, Spain 2007 - 2010
• Developed a new business through personal and professional networking, cold calling and referrals.
Sales and Store Manager
Access Self Storage: London 2006 - 2007
• Led and developed a successful sales team
Pizza Hut: London 2005 - 2006
• Leading and developing a team of up to 40 employees and generated sales of 45,000 per week. Communicated successfully and introduced new ideas and standards for staff. Personal teacher of English; Spain 2004 - 2005
• Received a teaching qualification and taught private English classes in Barcelona and Madrid. My students were Spaniards who wanted to develop their English, primarily for business purposes.
• Developed and improved my teaching, presentation and communication skills. Management Consultant
Cissco Ltd: London 2004
• Trained staff to handle customer complaints and to managethe lack of information in the human resources and customer databases. Implemented new office policies and codes of best practice. Improved customer service, leading to greater profits. Business Development Manager / Director
Friction Bites: London, 2003-2004 (new vegetarian restaurant concept in the City of London)
• Developed the business strategy, improving operational standards, customer service, operational profit and increased its customer base. General Manager
Prêt-A-Manger: London, 1998-2003
• Led, inspired and developed teams of up to 50 people. Increased sales consistently exceeded the financial and business goals.
McDonald's Restaurants Limited: Sheffield / London 1993-1998
• Leading a team of 30 people. Used the development strategy to reduce food waste, leading to increased profits.
Training / Qualifications
Cambridge CELTA Certificate - Teaching English as a Foreign Language SFI, SAS 1, SAS 2
References given upon request.