*/**, ***************, ************, ********, Tamilnadu-637302, India.
Automotive Design Engineer with 5+ years of experience, combination of well-rounded developed skills in Automotive design, Electro-mechanical design, Rapid Prototyping, and product life management looking for new opportunities in the field of design where I can showcase skills to enhance growth of the organisation. My focuses on understanding the mechanisms and processes needed to facilitate cross-boundary coordination during periods of technological change. More specifically, I examine how and in what ways novel technologies shape coordination among professional groups, and with what consequences for organizational change and accountability.
KPIT Technologies (4.1 Years) Bengaluru, India
Senior Engineer Jan 2016 – Jan 2020
• Engineer in Automotive R & D product design team.
• Research Automotive design elements for enhanced product functional capabilities.
• Develop electro-mechanical concepts for enhanced functionalities, assessment of technical feasibility, application of constraints in selection and assessment of cost effectiveness.
• Direct proof-of-concept testing and demonstration of technical feasibility aspects.
• Participate in all stages of product design, development and documentation (concept through manufacturing) for new and current mechatronic related project assignments.
• Investigate applicability of new technologies for product valuation benefits to the company and/or customer.
• Work with suppliers to specify new technologies and/or components that may also include custom developments. Remain abreast of emerging technologies and competing alternatives. Projects worked:
• “Actuator domain architecture: strategy for optimizing weight reduction and CO2 emission”.
• Create new product definition, from concept generation to full specification of the end product.
• Manage team and coordinate the work by collecting inputs and interacting with vendors & suppliers and taking care of time deliverables.
• “Connected suspension for commercial vehicle”.
• Researched customer proposal to evaluate novel idea, functionality, suitability cost and short-term maintenance of product.
• Built proof-of-concept demos to show off the features and benefits of the product.
• Investigate and diagnose faulty operation of equipment to confidently recommend solutions to customer.
• Collaborated with engineers and required personnel to resolve system malfunctions implement operating protocols and provide necessary technical information.
• “Conceptual design of modular electric vehicle”.
• Create a conceptual design concept of modular electric vehicle which it can be turn to four-seater to two-seater, vice versa.
• “Engineering Support for enhancing the Battery Management Software”.
• Derived an estimation method for calculating the State of Charge & State of Health of a battery management system in real-time operation.
• Developed sample MatLab model for optimal temperature sets (No. of Sensors and Locations) for Average, Minimum & Maximum Temperatures of the battery cells. FRUGAL Technologies (Caterpillar India Pvt Ltd.) (8 months) Chennai, India Design Engineer April 2015 – Nov 2015
• Work involved are Sheet metal designing, Solid Modelling, Assembly Designing, drafting, drawing validation and GD&T.
• Handle responsibilities of creating engineering installation, assembly & detail drawings and parts lists from 3D models.
• Detailing, Editing and Drafting of assembly drawings to prepare individual part drawings according to manufacturing standards.
CADD Centre (7 months) Chennai, India
CADD Engineer Jan 2012 – July 2012
• Lectured engineering design & drawing for graduates.
• Taught mechanical modelling software such as Creo Parametric, Unigraphics NX.
• Mentored undergraduate students for their thesis work as part of their curriculum. Education Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) Pune, India M.Tech in Internal Combustion Engines. 7.72/10.0 July 2014
• Experimental & computational study of enhanced swirl on performance and emission characteristics of 3.3 ltr naturally aspirated diesel engine. ANNA University Chennai, India
B.E in Automobile Engineering. 72/100 April 2011
• Exhaust gas assisted air conditioning system.
State Board of Technical Education and Training Chennai, India Diploma in Automobile Engineering. 88/100 April 2008
• Study and fabrication of electrical & electronic systems in an automobile vehicle. Publication • Ranjan R., Mishra J., and Govindasamy Shanmugasundram., “Actuator domain architecture: strategy for optimizing weight reduction and CO2 emission,” SAE Technical Paper 201*-**-****, 2018, doi: 10.4271/201*-**-****. Patents • Sivakumar G, Senthil kumar S, Sakthisaravanasenthil K, Govindasamy Shanmugasundram “Helical blade swirler for automobile engine applications” – Patent No. :4080/CHE/2014
• Ranjan Ravi, Mishra Jainendra, Kothamachu Vikram, Govindasamy Shanmugasundram, “Bi-Directional Actuator” – Patent No.: WO2018096426. Additional
Skills • CREO Parametric 2.0. • Solid Edge ST 10.
• Unigraphics NX 10.0. • Python 3.5.2.
• HyperMesh Inspire. • Additive Manufacturing
Date : Shanmugasundram G