Phoenix, AZ Cell: 570-***-**** email@example.com
PMO Director, Agile Enablement
Thank you for the opportunity to apply for a position with your organization. For this position, I bring a Master’s Certificate in Project Management and a Master’s Degree, as well as 14 years of experience as a PMO Director, Agile Coach, Program Manager and Senior Project Manager; managing projects, people, and teams in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
I joined REPAY as a small financial technology company of 30 employees. As PMO Director and Agile Coach, I implemented Agile practices and standards, staffed project managers, developed their ideal scalable workflow, coached leaders and teams and implemented Portfolio Kanban across the organization. Currently, REPAY has a team of Agile Project Managers supporting 12 development teams across 6 countries. The company, which hit 300 employees this year, is publicly trading on the Nasdaq and valued at $150M per year. While employed with Bristol-Myers Squibb as an IT Project Manager, I was responsible for the Multi-Channel Execution Engine and supporting a large array of BMS systems utilized for marketing. I have a record of success delivering quality end-to-end solutions for stakeholders. I have dedicated my career to designing and instituting PMO methodologies that improve efficiency and reduce cost. I possess expert skills in planning, monitoring, reporting, resource management, quality and risk management – and I have consistently delivered projects on time and on budget.
Over my career as Sr. Project Manager with Mercury Solar Systems, I successfully managed over $30 million in project implementations. I was directly responsible for overseeing the entire product development life-cycle of the installation of my company’s product as well as an implementation team comprised of engineers, system installers, business and operational staff. To this end, I managed the design, implementation, coordination and execution of projects entailing high customization and configuration of commercial, municipal and utility solar energy solutions.
I have a solid reputation as an experienced, innovative and results-driven professional with strong interpersonal communication skills. My leadership style focuses on facilitation - engaging team members to communicate, problem solve and deliver the highest quality solutions. I have led cross functional technical projects with multimillion-dollar budgets, and I am seeking to assist your company as an PMO Director and Agile Coach. In addition to my resume, I can provide character references and recommendations from current and previous supervisors and colleagues.
Thank you for your time and your consideration.
Director, Agile Enablement
Phoenix, AZ Cell: 570-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org ATTHEW TOMEO
Proactive, performance-driven professional with 14 years expertise as a PMO Director, Agile Coach, Program Manager and Senior Project Manager - coaching leadership teams and problem solving for large scale, long term projects. Keen understanding of business priorities, genuine team player committed to managing operations and projects while maximizing revenue-producing activities. Easily interfaces with high-profile staff, vendors, and customers. Versatile and loyal management professional able to see the big picture while staying on top of all details.
Areas of Expertise
REPAY, Tempe, AZ March 2017-Present
Director of Agile Enablement
• PMO Director responsible for developing a team of Agile Project Managers, agile processes and workflow, company training and documentation.
• Implementing Portfolio Kanban to allow scalability as the company expanded from 30 employees to a 300 employee publicly traded company valued at $150M per year.
• Agile Coach for the company, responsible for sustaining our agile transformation and ensuring we stick to best practices over the long term.
• Hiring and training a team of experienced Agile Project Managers to support our development teams and our Agile methodology.
• Responsible for training the REPAY leadership team, ensuring that we have full support from the C Level management team members to ensure our Agile transformation is successful, facilitating the Portfolio level meetings.
• Facilitating feature design and validation sessions with the Product Owner and Architecture teams.
• Implementing Portfolio Kanban across the REPAY organize utilizing JIRA, allowing the organization to fully visualize their goals and initiatives.
• Implement Kanban metrics for each team including Throughput, Cycle Time/Lead Time, Cumulative Flow – allowing the management team to make informed decisions based on factual team data.
• Responsible for managing major corporate initiatives outside of the development lifecycle, including large acquisitions and integrations.
• Creating Agile artifacts, playbooks and training videos, documenting our Agile processes and how the PMO team runs Agile ceremonies.
Experienced Agile practitioner. Helping
organizations improve using Agile and Lean
Thinking philosophies. A true believer in
retrospection and continuous improvement.
Phoenix, AZ Cell: 570-***-**** email@example.com BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB, Princeton, NJ May 2014-March 2017 IT Project Manager – Global Commercial IT
• Promoted from within, responsible for supporting and acting as Agile Coach for development teams supporting a large array of BMS systems utilized for marketing.
• Coached and facilitated the SMART alerts team in Agile utilizing a SCRUM framework in JIRA, running ceremonies and developing status reports and documentation.
• In charge of the rollout and upkeep of SMART alerts to sales rep’s mobile devices - an ongoing two- year project with bi monthly releases, acting as Scrum master for daily standups - providing reps with real time health care provider data to their mobile devices.
• Facilitated the team responsible for the migration of a new BMS call center vendor from Tunstall to TMS Health – included additional iterative releases to implement warm transfers, utilizing a Scrumban methodology.
• Coordinated the UTM & Consent QVA project in pure Kanban, connecting tracking parameters to paid search links to determine how users reach BMS drug registration pages.
• Coordinated the Marketing Excellent Global Webinar initiative, a global undertaking between worldwide BMS offices - provided live educational webinars broadcasted company wide and archived in a custom designed SharePoint.
• Managed the Scrum team responsible for the Amazon Web Service migration – this involved the transition of internal BMS marketing databases to Amazon Cloud Service.
• Implemented Epsilon’s Harmony Platform, a new email system utilized for all BMS email marketing initiatives.
• Managed the rollout of Thoughtspot search engine, which sits on the BMS database and enables search engine functionality.
• Led the HIV Project Connect rollout, a project designed to provide sales reps with access to all BMS HCP data to their mobile devices for non-personal promotion. CRM Project Manager April 2013-May 2014
• Coordinated and led activities between stakeholders including Channel Integration Hub teams, BMS Studio, Digital Hub, IT, and external partners to facilitate the delivery of multichannel tactics.
• Responsible for building and maintaining detailed Microsoft Project plans to manage scope and drive milestones to keep projects on schedule, by partnering with Channel Integration Managers and Digital Managers across Virology, Oncology and Diabetes franchises.
• Oversaw the execution of all digital initiatives for Sprycel including Responsive Web Design, Site Banners, Mobile Site Functionality, One Card Activation Pages, and expansive ISI label updates.
• Managed daily tactical execution, owned status meetings, tracked project deliverables, and gathered status updates from key stakeholders.
• Proactively requested additional training with the Channel Integration Managers on SAP budget, scope of work, work breakdown structures, and high level marketing strategy in order to gain a better understanding of how individual projects ladder up to the bigger picture.
• Managed a cross-functional team of resources while overseeing the project development life cycle. MERCURY SOLAR SYSTEMS, Philadelphia, PA July 2009-April 2013 Senior Project Manager
• Managed $30M in project portfolios, responsible for entire project development lifecycle – initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and finalizing projects within time constraints, budget and scope.
• Conducted examination and analysis of client’s business model and audited financials in order to recommend how to best customize and configure solar system product and software. Phoenix, AZ Cell: 570-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
• Developed budget and cost management plan; presented budget requirements and project management plan through a kick-off meeting with key stakeholders.
• Defined project scope, timeline and tasks, allocated project resources accordingly as well as consistently monitored and reported on the progression of the project to all stakeholders.
• Coordinated with sales team, engineers, and system installers to deliver projects according to plan.
• Monitored project installation, managed changes to project schedule and costs, and communicated project status. Presented weekly reports to stakeholders defining project progress, risks and actions required to mitigate risks.
• Supported development of company PMO and setup of processes, procedures, and reporting mechanisms as well as created the project documentation process. NBC UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, Studio City, CA August 2006-July 2009 Project Manager
• Directly assisted VP of Production at Universal Media Studios: set up production offices and assisted hiring staff for new pilots and projects ordered to series, attended table reads, production meetings, casting sessions and kickoff meetings for Fall pilots.
• Managed project teams consisting of third-party vendors, producers, analysts, and production managers.
• Monitored production office costs and spending, ensuring projects were delivered within budget.
• Reported progress and ensured that key milestones were delivered on schedule.
• Maintained heavy phone volume, producer calendars, managed travel arrangements and prepared expense reports.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Master Cert, Agile Project Management, VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY, Villanova, PA MS, Sustainable Design, THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA BA, Professional Writing, KUTZTOWN UNIVERSITY, Allentown, PA
HONORS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Bristol-Myers Squibb Behaviors Award: Sprycel OSL Project (2015) Bristol-Myers Squibb Behaviors Award: Oncology Support Liaison Project (2014) Mercury Solar Systems: Exceptional Job Performance Award (2013) Mercury Solar Systems: PM Leadership Award (2013)
ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC) (2020) ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) (2020) Professional Agile Leadership (PAL) (2020)
PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) (2020)
Project Management Institute Member #2555178
Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, Smartsheet, Clarizen, Clarity, JIRA, Confluence, Rally, Leankit, Target Process, Kanban Zone, Basecamp, SalesForce, PPM, Vitalize, RingCentral, Zoom, Slack, Skype