Indian institute of Mass Communication (Southern Regional Campus),
8th Mile, Pampady, Kottayam, Kerala -686503 · Phone - +91-807******* Email – email@example.com · Personal Blog – https://www.curious-thoughts.com I’m a tech-savvy and inquisitive journalism student with passion for writing, reading and group activities. From a very young age, I have been involved in performing arts which has helped me hone my skills as a presenter and orator. I’m looking forward to develop my skills further, and engage in exercises involving team management and such tasks that involve public dealing. EXPERIENCE
DATES FROM 12/07/2016 – 23/09/2016 (2 MONTHS)
INTERN, THE INDIAN EXPRESS (DELHI)
Editing and designing department.
DATES FROM 20/06/2017 – TO 21/08/2017 (2 MONTHS)
INTERN, HINDUSTAN TIMES (DEHRADUN BUREAU)
Feature writing and assistance to the field reporter. DATES FROM 2018 – 2019
APPEARED FOR THE UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION EXAMINATION. CLEARED THE PRELIMS AND MAINS, GAVE INTERVIEW BUT DIDN’T MAKE THE FINAL LIST. EDUCATION
FROM 2015 - 2018
BACHELOR’S OF JOURNALISM AND MASS
COMMUNICATION, MAHARAJA AGRASEN INSTITUTE OF
MANAGEMENT STUDIES, GURU GOBINDH SINGH
INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, DELHI
8.57/10 (Research work on the stimuli behavior of masses towards educational institute’s advertisements.)
FROM 2019 – 2020 (PURSUING)
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ENGLISH JOURNALISM,
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MASS COMMUNICATION (SOUTHERN
REGIONAL CAMPUS), KOTTAYAM, KERALA.
• News story writing, feature writing
• Adobe InDesign
• Proficient in Microsoft word.
• Proficient in video and sound editing software’s: FL-Studio, Sony Vegas Pro 10.
• Communication expert
• Public speaking
• Leadership and team management
• Research work and Data Analysis
• Campaigns and events coordination
• I was the president of the Music society of Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies, GGSIPU. In the capacity, I lead my society to two inter-university victories. Managed the college fest, “Genesis”, as the Creative Team Supervisor.
• I was the vice-president of the literary society in my graduation and established an annual journal with student’s creative representations.
• I won an Elocution Competition at IIMC, Kottayam with the topic, “Journalism is a trade or a profession”
• I won national level singing competition ‘Sur Tarang’ at the age of 15.
• Convened and conceived an inter-college quiz competition at IIMC-Kottayam in the capacity of Manager, Student Social Responsibility Department.