JOEL J. BULLOCK
LEWISVILLE, TEXAS 75067
• Organized and focused IT analyst and detail-oriented drafter of project documentation with time management and prioritization mindset.
• Clear communicator to resolve problems with effective writing skills for overall fluidity.
• Confident, poised professional in interactions with individuals at all levels.
• Associate COBOL programmer with five years’ experience, successfully and independently learning a complicated mainframe system.
• Competencies: COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, CICS, TSO, ISPF, RDz, FileAid, Endevor, ViewDirect, ServiceNow, Control-M, Agile Methodology, Jira, Visio, Access 2010, MS Office products suite, DataCAD.
• Eagerly developing knowledge of Python, cloud computing, and cyber security. EDUCATION
University of North Texas; Denton, TX
Bachelor of Science in Business Computer Information Systems, cum laude EXPERIENCE
Fidelity Investments; Westlake, TX
SOFTWARE ENGINEER DEVELOPER (Sept. 2014 – Nov. 2019)
• Mainframe COBOL Developer, working within an Agile methodology: o Strong analyst of processes creating organized and accurately detailed project documentation including architecture diagrams for technical and non-technical audience; o Create and modify JCL procedures and jobs to execute DB2 programs and utility programs; o Non-production testing analyst and validator using JCL and data set-up; o Team trouble-shooter for production support tasks and testing; o Coordinator with DBAs to create and install new fields and tables in database; o Enthusiastic participator in daily scrum and business partner meetings to create, problem solve, and finalize project requirements;
o Design and modify existing COBOL programs within complex record-keeping system based on business requirements, systems coordination, and batch cycles; o Installation monitor of new programs and enhancements in batch cycle. Alliance Reporting, LLC; Plano, TX
OFFICE MANAGER (Dec. 2008 – Sept. 2014)
• Part-time Office Manager for small court reporting company while earning Bachelor’s degree. Viosca Architects, Ltd.; Dallas, TX
PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR DRAFTSMAN (March 1990 – Oct. 2008)
• Project Manager and Senior Draftsman:
O Team leader of residential architecture firm for over 18 years, from design to completion of drafting requirements for high-end, luxury home floor plans in excess of 5,000 square feet; O Office Manager for all general office management duties. JOEL J. BULLOCK
2250 S. VALLEY PKWY., APT. 1201
LEWISVILLE, TEXAS 75067