Jose Ignacio Benavides
CNC Lathe Machinist /Millwright
Summary of Qualifications:
My skill is running CNC Lathes Horizontal or Vertical Lathes, I also have some V.M.C exp. and Basic Manual Machining.
CNC Lathe Machinist/ Fanuc controls/ Set up guy; 10 years exp. & job shop exp.
● I can do my own set up, from start to finish with a blueprint, program and with the right cutting tools and measuring tools.
● I can set up my chuck a 4 jaw chuck and indicate to .000-.001 run out.
● I have exp. with 3 jaw hydraulic chuck.
● I look for the right jaws for the job, bore them out so the part can run true and have the correct radius.
● Also I can work with tail stocks, steady rest and Omni rest.
● I can download the programs through wire, wireless or card, I can edit and modify the program, clean it out and write notes if needed.
● If in doubt I will stop and get with the programmer or supervisor .
● I can work with multiple work offsets G54, G55, etc.
● I can Qualify my tool geometry, and I am able to use the wear offset page.
● I have cut all kinds of threads from Taper threads pins or box, 8 Round, 10 Round, Buttress, V-Threads, Stub Acme, L.H B.P.V, Acme modified, wicker etc. Blunt Start on front and back if ask for.
● Grooves I cut before I.D and O.D square Grooves, Face grooves, Bx- Grooves, R-Grooves, Dove tails etc.
● Able to plan, layout, setup and perform most machine operations and Capable of interpreting and executing mechanical plans, reading technical blueprint drawings, drafts and sketches.
● Also calculate basic math, calculate RPM, IPR, FEEDS, IPM.
● Maintenance on conveyor belts when they get stuck.
● I can make fixtures to make multiple parts.
● I pay attention to detail.
Mill Exp. 2-3 years Exp. Fanuc Controls
I can do the following on a mill:
● Get job traveler and make sure you have the right parts.
● Upload programs from card, wireless system or wire, make sure the program matches blueprint number or job number.
● Gather all the tools needed for the job.
● Find a way to hold the part either with bolts and clamps, vises, 4th axis, chucks, fixtures etc.
● Indicate part with an edge finder or mill indicators.
● Read and Edit Programs
● Touch off tools on your Z AXIS.
● Read Blueprints and match it with the print.
● Get with the programmer and supervisor to discuss if you come across an issue.
● I have done Face, Drill, Bolt circle, Slots, NPT holes, Engrave parts, Slots, basic stuff, but I would like to learn more on the Mill.
Manual Machines I Have Ran 1-5 Exp.
● Horizontal Turret Lathe 4 Jaw Chuck,
● Radial Drill with Layout exp.
● Vertical Mill, Slabbers, Babin Machines,
● Tapping Arm Machine
● Cut master
● I can sharpen my drills and modified special tools and inserts for like dove tails. Certifications/Special license/machines:
● Familiar with ISO-9000 Procedures.
● Basic Plus
● OSHA 10
● TWIC Card
● Hytorc tools certified
● Fire Watch
● Confined Space
● CPR trained
● Passport just in case we had to fly out for a job when working millwright. If you need any other license/class I will go get it at the Houston safety council.
● Industrial Forklift with the boom in and out.
● Overhead Crane experience.
● JIB cranes exp.
● Bobcat front end loader exp. 2 years.
● 10 yrs. exp. On Regular Forklift, Brands that I ran Hyster, Toyota, Doosan, Cat any brand Big forklifts or small forklifts exp. I have loaded Pipes, pallets .100 lbs. super sacks, I Can move anything and work in shipping and receiving unload and load trucks strap up pallets and make the load safe .
● Front end loader John Deere Exp. 2 years.
● CNC Machinist Certificate from Lone Star North Harris. CNC Lathe machines I Have Ran:
● Doosan Puma 240
● Puma 300L
● Doosan 400L
● Puma 800L
● MORI (1 YR. Exp.)
● Mazak slant turn just as an operator, I have no Mazatrol programming exp. but I would like to learn the Mazatrol part of it since I know the fundamentals of the machine.
● Vertical Turret Lathes all size chucks.
● Ikega ( old machine this machine the axis are opposite)
● Fadal (v.m.c)
● Old machine
● Hyundai 700 LA
CNC Controls I Have operated:
● Mazak operator
● Mori-seiki with live tooling (1yr. exp.)
● HAAS Lathe (3 years exp.) Haas VMC (exp. 2 years).
● Anything with Fanuc controls and G and M code I can run it’s all about getting familiar with the machines and with the controls because every control is different.
● I am a fast learner and I follow giving orders well, I am also very mechanically inclined. Metals I Have Cut:4140, 4130, Inconel 718 solid bars, Weld Prep, Stainless Steel 314, Copper, Brass, Plastic, Duplex, Etc.
Montgomery Machine Co. Job Shop 01/07-06/09
105 Mae Dr. Houston, Tx
Cnc Lathe Machinist/Training
● operated an American Lathe with a 24 inch chuck, 4 jaw chuck.
● scan on job router process
● measure part to see if it has material
● upload program to the cnc.
● make sure the print drawing, HT: number and Revision match the program and raw piece of metal.
● Set up jaws, gather tools that you need for the job and put them on the turret
● Operate overhead crane with double hooks.
● Operated jib cranes.
● Pick up Big Parts with safety And Put it in the machine.
● Indicate part in.
● Experience with big boring bars. 4 inch. head .
● Set my work shift G54.G55
● Set my tools on the Geometry page.
● I cut a lot of Inconel in this company.
● Take taper out of the I.D if it has any. Blend the I.D or OD without a mismatch
● Experience with steady rest and omni rest I am able to indicate the steady rest.
● Experience with tail stock,
● I have experience with double chuck or if we need to put a chuck on the tailstock I have exp. with that also.
● machine gate valves.
● I am able to inspect my own part and molded up and use the comparator. Rose Machine & Fab 06/09-06/11
9031 Ley Rd. Houston TX 77078
Cnc Vertical Lathe:
● Set up on a 150 inch floor chuck VTL. We would use ladders to get on top and look at the machine machining the face, Set up where real long sometimes 8 hours.
● Set 4 jaws un screw with impact gun.
● use overhead crane to put part in the machine.
● upload program.
● Get the tools you're going to need for the job.
● Qualify tool on your workshift
● Qualify the rest on your geometry page
● Use Wear Offset Page and multiple offset with same tool
● Read and edit program
● Read blueprints
● Indicate 4 jaw chuck part .
● Use precision tools to measure finish dimensions.
● Operations Face, O.D and Grooves
Logan Oil Tools 06/11-05/13
11006 Lucerne St.
cnc lathe machinist
● Get job traveler
● Make sure raw metal matches the job and heat number.
● Set my jaws.
● upload program
● Get my tools that I am going to need.
● qualify my workshift
● qualify my other tools in geometry.
● read the program and edit, modify it your way so it won't crash.
● Experience in setting up long bars.
● I can do anything on a lathe as long as is in G&M code
● Use precision tools
● Steady rest and omni rest