University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Master of Science (M.S.) Computer Science, C-GPA: 3.95 Aug 2018 – Jan 2020 Majority Coursework: Java, Python, Cloud Computing, Cloud Security, Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Advance web development. Institute of Business Management, College of Computer Science, Karachi, Pakistan Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Computer Science, C-GPA: 2.71 Aug 2014 - May 2018 Majority Coursework: Java, C, Object Oriented Programming, Algorithms, Analysis of Algorithms, Web Development, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Software Quality Assurance TECHNICAL SKILLS & PROJECTS
Projects: Voice-controlled home automation system using Java on Arduino, Farmer yield identifier project via Drone using Java, Cloud based message encryption/decryption system, Cloud based VPN, IMDB rating accuracy model, ML algorithm to recognize iris flower species, breast cancer survival accuracy model. Classifying/Identifying handwritten digits using Random Forest Classifier, breaking captcha system using Tensor Flow (neural network) ML training model, twitter sentiment analysis of tweets using tweepy library, fully responsive and functioning E-commerce website using Django. Github: https://github.com/amk4life/Projects
• SQL for Data Science (Coursera)
• IBM Data Science (Coursera)
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Teaching Assistant Aug 2019 – Dec 2019
• Teaching Assistant/Tutor, project/lab grader for undergraduate class (CS 334 Networking) in Computer Science department.
• Prepare lab tasks on wire shark for students and conduct lab/office hours.
• Assist student with mini and final term projects related to the course.
• Supervise projects, exams and lab tasks during different class and lab sessions.
• Conduct weekly academic meetings with the professor regarding course work and projects. Priority Software Inc, Birmingham, AL
Web Developer/ Tester Intern Apr 2019 – Jul 2019
• Manage, Test and Optimize FBS (Facility Billing System) a fully integrated usage tracking and billing application designed especially for monitoring the charge back recovery of Facilities and Service Centers within a university or research institution.
• Manage and Test BA (Information Management by Design) another Priority Software Product for Research Institutions in the United States.
• Created REST Api interfaces.
• Create Update/Manage psbdemo1, Database for BA and FBS using SQL SMSS 2017.
• Create, Add and Update SKU's, generate invoices and Manage Facility within FBS and BA.
• Frontend Web development and under the supervision of a supervisor using JQuery/Ajax scripts.
• Unit tester for the Web based lab software.
Hill Student Center UAB, Birmingham, AL
Tech Setup Crew Member Sep 2018 – Mar 2019
• Provide guidance/assistance to students and members.
• Setting up Computer Systems.
• Monitoring Audio/Visual Equipment.
• Assist Building Services.
Cosmo Skin Care Pvt Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan
WordPress Intern May 2018 – Jul 2018
• Developing website and adding new features using WordPress, Woo Commerce plugin.
• Manage and update Products database for Cosmo Skin care using SQL SMSS 2016
• Reducing Redundancy in Database tables for products/information.
• Optimizing company’s database for quick retrieval of data.
• Optimizing and testing the website
Pak-Arab Refinery Ltd, LLP, Karachi, Pakistan
SAP/SCADA Intern Jul 2017 – Aug 2017
• SAP (ABAP) Developer training, adding T-codes and modules to Finance, HR, Telecom-Scada and Accounts Department.
• Supervising SCADA/Telecom System via "viewX".
• Visiting Mobile Radio stations and Radio Towers within Refinery Site. Omfort Pvt Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan
Php/Java Developer Intern May 2017 – Jun 2017
• Java/Php, Web developer and back-end intern.
• Familiar with database, front-end and back-end connectivity using PHP.
• Monitoring and Optimizing Aerosoft footwear (Client) main Admin Panel using Java.
• Update/Manage Aerosoft footwear database using SQL SMSS 2016.
• Create Omfort website using WordPress CMS.
• Development Online Customer Registration System for aerosoft footwear with Java backend development.
• Familiarity with Java J2EE and Bootstrap for frontend along with framework like JQuery and it’s plugins.
• Designed, built, maintained efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.