QIYUAN (CHRIS) TIAN
firstname.lastname@example.org 202-***-**** 154 Gibbs St, Rockville, Maryland (can relocate) www.linkedin.com/in/christqy EDUCATION
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, School of Business Washington, D.C Master of Science, Management Information Systems - Data Analytics track 2017 – 2019
• GPA: 3.6; Merit based fellowship (Top 5%)
• Relevant Coursework: Internet computing, Python & SQL Database, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT) – Certification, Data Science & Big Data Analytics NANJING UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS Nanjing
Bachelor’s Degree, Web Planning & Design 2013 - 2017 TECHNICAL SUMMARY
• Response to Consumer Complaints: Performed data cleaning, exploratory data analysis, and predictive analysis modeling such as Logistic Regression and Decision Trees in python to forecast future complaints rate.
• Military Spending Project: Visualized a variety of plots for 10 countries and found top 5 influential factors for military budgets. Then created linear regression model to predict future military spending within 5 years.
• Patient Classification Project: Used predictive modeling and other Machine learning models to automatically summarize patient complaints into different categories; Prepared data report for clients review. EXPERIENCE
WESTAT Rockville, MD
Data Science Analyst Sep 2019 – April 2020
• Collected over 10,000,000 structured/ unstructured data in SQL database and R, Performed data integration and data cleaning by dealing with missing values and outliers, and then worked on exploratory analysis.
• Analyzed complex data in Python by conducting descriptive and predictive statistical analysis, performing classification and regression predictions in machine learning models, like Logistic Regression, Random Forest and Support Vector Machine, and then finally visualized the data outcome in Tableau or Power BI
• Communicated with clients or cross-functional team and present our data findings for smarter decisions. COUNCIL ON FOUNDATION Arlington, VA
Data Analyst Intern June 2018 – Aug 2018
• Extracted useful information from over 5000,000 observations by writing complex queries in SQL Server.
• Collaborated in a team to check data accuracy and integrity on over 2000,000 data points by conducting data cleansing, dealing with missing values and outliers used Python, and exporting data reports in Salesforce. AXA FINANCIAL, INC Hong Kong
Data Scientist Intern June 2016 – Aug 2016
• Assessed revenue and expenditure data (in Python and R) by calculating correlation of possible determinants, conducted regression analysis to forecast future trend of financial product service revenue, and visualized summarized data into plots and reports. Thus providing smarter decisions for market team to expand revenue.
• Cleaned over 500,000 rows of product revenue data from backend used MySQL, and visualized in R ggplot2. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Accomplishment: First Class Scholarship; Business Plan Competition; Volunteer in Youth Olympic Games