Willishia B. Plant, Esquire
Florida Bar Number; 1019274
Education Florida Coastal School of Law Jacksonville, Fl Juris Doctor 2017 August 2015 - December 2017
George Mason School of Law Washington, D.C
Visiting Student – JD seeking May 2017 – July 2017 The Fund for American Studies (T.F.A.S) Washington, D.C Fellowship – Legal Studies Institute May 2017 – July 2017 D’Auvergne University Clermont-Ferrand, France
Study Abroad Program May 2016 - July 2016
University of Central Florida Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies, Minor in Criminal Justice 3.56 GPA May 2011 - May 2015 Experience
Allen and Newman PLLC. Fort Lauderdale, FL
Associate Attorney November 2019 – March 2020
• Conducts legal research and assists with civil litigation case strategy
• Drafts numerous pleadings and responds to discovery matters including but not limited to Answering Complaints, Answering Request for Production, and Request for Admissions for Home Owners Insurance defense cases and Property Insurance defense cases.
• Uses the Acuity website to upload case files ensuring Citizen’s is aware of the case file status. Hairston Law, P.A. Coral Gables, FL
Law Clerk September 2018 – June 2019
• Conducted legal research and assist with civil and criminal litigation case strategy
• Drafted numerous pleadings and discovery matters including but not limited to Complaints, Motions to Dismiss, Motions to Suppress, Request for Production, Request for Admissions, as well as deposition summaries.
• Responsible for electronic filing in Florida State Courts as well as the Northern, Middle and Southern District of Florida Federal Courts.
• Utilized Westlaw to develop case strategy and research relevant case law.
• Inspect sight reports, review pleadings, draft and review settlement documentation for A.D.A. litigation matters.
Campbell Legal Group Coral Gables, FL
Junior Associate April 2018 – August 2018
• Assisted with law and motion practice including drafting and assembling motion papers, exhibits, coordinating filings of pleadings and briefs and ensuring proper service.
• Assisted with discovery process, including propounding and responding to written discovery and preparing for expert discovery for civil and business litigation.
• Prepared and maintained trial related documents such as discovery requests, trial preparation, negotiated settlements, exhibit lists, jury instructions, trial subpoenas
• Oversees organization, maintenance and utilization of documents and other case related materials in all stages of litigation from onset through post trial. Law Offices of C. Thomas Washington, D.C
Summer Associate May 2017 – August 2017
• Manage and maintains a client list under strict supervision. Appeared on behalf of clients in court.
• Drafted Motions of protective order, response pleadings, and memoranda of law involving civil litigation, small claims issues and landlord tenant claims. Fed litigation
• Compiled, organized and indexed various discovery and evidence exhibits for trial using the Federal Rules of Evidence and Civil Procedure.
• Researched landlord tenant law, eviction proceedings, failure to pay rent, habitable conditions, Personal injury law, civil suits, and class action suits.
Edwards & Ragatz Law Firm Jacksonville, FL
2L Law Clerk January 2017 – October 2017
• Conducted extensive research on current legal statutes and issues governing medical malpractice
• Drafted deposition summaries, motions for summary judgment, motion for punitive damages, motions in limine involving Plaintiff’s defense, Negligence actions and Personal Injury in preparation for pre-trial litigation
Willishia B. Plant, Esquire
170 SE 14th Street Miami, Florida 33131· Email: email@example.com · Phone: 904-***-****
• Assist supervising counsel in interviewing witnesses and clients, and live depositions. Internships Jacksonville Area Legal Aid Jacksonville, FL 2L Law Clerk August 2016 - December 2016
• Drafted a variety of legal documents including memoranda and trial briefs.
• Interacted with the public and participated in client intake process.
• Researched and analyzed complex legal issues in civil and criminal appeals. Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Defender’s Office Jacksonville, FL August 2016 – December 2016
• Observed various court proceedings including trials, Bond hearings, Motion to compel hearings, Show of Cause hearings, Preliminary hearings, Detention and Competency hearings and depositions.
• Executed deposition summaries and memoranda of law.
• Analyzed felony legal issues involving burglaries, murders, robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, sex crimes, kidnapping, aggravated assault, drug possessions, and theft.
• Elicited defendants’ information during jail and prison visits to create valid defenses.
• Evaluated case files and video evidence and provided summary reports of evidence obtained. Myers & Eichelberger, PL Orlando, FL
Legal Intern July 2014 - January 2015
• Conducted client intake to elicit relevant bankruptcy and foreclosure case information
• Researched areas of law including Real Estate, Mortgage Foreclosure, Credit card debt, Bankruptcy, Lemon Law, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Loan Modification, Child Custody/Support, Employment and Labor and Corporate and Securities Laws
• Reviewed case files to assign clients to appropriate attorney
• Performed clerical duties such as answering calls, doing follow up calls, data entry, emails, faxing, copying, forwarding messages and filing
Clinical Immigration and Human Rights Clinic Jacksonville, FL Experience Legal Intern August 2017 –December 2017
• Prepared asylum petitions, family unity applications, application for naturalization and relief under the violence Against Women Act and the Victim of Trafficking and Violent Crime Act.
• Represented clients in removal proceedings in both the detained and non-detained setting
• Interviewed and counseled clients, conduct fact investigation, develop case theory.
• Drafted declarations, memorandum of law and submit briefs to the court on behalf of clients such as Motion for continuance, Notice of Filing and Request for Parole.
• Researched Asylum and the withholding of removal process involving fear of persecution for sexual preference and sexuality.
• Monitored compliance of clients sanctions and required court appearances. Professional Florida Coastal School of Law Jacksonville, FL Experience Career & Professional Development Center (Student Worker) October 2016 - January 2017
• Research career and networking opportunities
• Execute monthly and weekly newsletter updates
• Perform general administrative and clerical duties UCF Psychology Department Orlando, FL
Student Office Assistant June 2013- June 2015
• Performed general administrative duties such as answering phones, distributing mail, scheduling room reservations and assisting students and faculty
• Generated spreadsheets using Excel and completed collective data entry
• Demonstrated clerical duties such as copying, filing student records, sending out book orders and faxing for professors
Pro-Bono Jacksonville Area Legal Aid March 2016 – August 2016 Farm Share, Hubbard House, American Red Cross
Skills Computer: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Publisher, Outlook (50 WPM), LexisNexis Certified; West Law Certified. Relativity Document Coding Experience Professional Criminal Law Society (President) Chester Bedell Inn of Court Pupil Member Affiliations Florida Coastal Student Ambassador Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity National Black Law Students Association National Society of Leadership and Success Entertainment Law Society Mock Trial Invitee Sports Law Society Jacksonville Bar Association Student Member Moot Court Invitee