Austin, TX 78734 email@example.com
EXPERIENCED SENIOR LEVEL SALES EXECUTIVE & LEADER
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• A highly organized, detail-oriented, and productivity-focused “Business Athlete.”
• A track record of implementing transformative change, with brand acquisitions, brand consolidations, pulling out of distribution, and redirecting resources to penetrate more opportunistic channels.
• An understanding of the nuances and differences in a business that involves various channels of distribution including, but not limited to the Home Furnishings, Lighting Showroom, Furniture Store, Interior Designer, Hospitality/Specification, Builder/Multi-family, E-Commerce, Mass Merchant, Home Centers, and Specialty/Gift channels. I have managed through and designed programs to handle channel conflict and create a more cohesive go-to-market strategy.
• An extensive list of leads, customer relationships, and sales representative contacts in the USA, Mexico, Canada, Central America, and South America in the Home Décor, Lighting Showroom, Hospitality, Interior Design, and Furniture channels of Distribution.
• A real team player, coach, and mentor focused on the success of others more than personal accomplishments. Believe in leading by example with the willingness to roll-up-the-sleeves and “do the work” personally.
• Energetic, solutions-oriented Business Development Leader experienced in defining and delivering solutions. Effectively communicates at all levels in an open, transparent, and collaborative manner while nurturing strong relationships with stakeholder groups, customers, and team members.
• Strategic, innovative approaches coupled with an ability to deliver “out-of-the-box solutions.
• Large volume sales to key accounts and an established track record of pioneering new accounts.
• Actively involved in all aspects of sales operations
• Highly proficient in project management and pipeline management and development.
• Currently serving on the Board of IDS (Interior Design Society) and involved with numerous alliances, groups and affiliations within the various distribution channels served including FMG, Furniture First, Nationwide, Imark, GHTA, Spectra, Lighting One, American Lighting Association, Luxury Products Group, RESA, IAHSP, Decorating Den to name a few.
POSSESS BROAD-BASED STRENGTHS AND EXPERIENCE TO INCLUDE: OR KNOWN FOR ü Team Building
ü Analytical Skills
ü Consultative Selling
ü Business Writing
ü Channel Development
ü Training Methods
ü Strategic Planning
ü Study & Practice of Emotional &
ü Creative & Engaging Presentation
ü Process Re-Engineering &
ü Organizational Design & Planning
ü Interpreting KPI (Key Performance
ü New Business Development
ü Adapting to Change
ü Key Account Management
ü Project Management
ü Collaborative Approach
ü Contract Negotiation
ü Alignment of Stakeholders
ü Entrepreneurial Spirit
ü Leadership & Management
JAMES ASHLEY, PAGE 2
ELK GROUP INTERNATIONAL 2010 - CURRENT
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & MARKETING
Ø Built a repeatable leadership system in the sales organization for managing sales leaders, staff, and sales reps with as many as ten direct reports and 500 independent sales reps at a given time. Ø Reporting to the CEO and responsible for driving profitable revenue growth across all brands and channels in the global marketplace, but primarily focused in the USA, Mexico, Canada, Central and South America Ø Developed and implemented a sales operations engine to the company that improved communication and organization along with creating synergy and integration with other departments that supported rapid growth from $10 million in revenue to $100 million in less than 7-years. Ø Oversaw the integration, scaling, or consolidations of 15 different brands encompassing over 20,000 sku’s and leveraged strengths from the different brands into various consolidated selling and branding packages. Ø Developed all selling programs and promotions.
Ø Was a key contributor in driving the go-to-market transformation of the company from a Lighting-only manufacturer to a whole home solutions provider of various home décor categories. Ø Developing, designing, and implementing new sales processes as needed to be responsive to changing goals, strategies, and competitive practices.
Ø Managing a highly diverse customer base across many distribution channels including, but not limited to, the Lighting Showroom, Home Décor, Furniture, Interior Design, Hospitality, Builder, Casual Market, Specialty/Gift, Commercial, Mass Merchant and various National retailers. Ø Oversaw the sales operations and market activities at annual Industry Trade shows including the International Gift Market in Atlanta, Lightovation and Total Home & Gift in Dallas, Las Vegas World Market, High Point Market, New York Now, Lightfair, Casual Market in Chicago, International Builders Show, and various regional shows and industry buying group events over the years. CASABLANCA FAN COMPANY (DIVISION OF HUNTER FAN COMPANY) 2004 - 2010 VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES
Ø Oversaw the consolidation of the sales teams of Hunter and Casablanca into one business unit following the purchase by new ownership in 2009.
Ø Grew revenue goals to an all-time high in 2008 in the midst of an economic recession to set the company up for a private equity sale that took place in 2009. Ø Exceeded sales revenue growth and EBITDA goals every year during employment tenure. Ø Oversaw the companies Trade-Show schedule, organization, and execution. Ø Oversaw the sales operations for the company with as many as eight direct reports and 100 independent sales reps.
Ø Developed sales forecasts & worked in sync with the Demand Planner for ordering and allocation needs ensuring fill rates were always at a healthy level while mitigating overstock situations. Ø Worked in coordination with the VP of Marketing in developing all programs and promotions. EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY 1999 - 2004
CATEGORY SALES MANAGER
Ø Promoted from the District Sales Manager position responsible for photo processing sales in the Pacific Northwest to the Category Sales Manager position located in Los Angeles in 2000 that oversaw both photo processing and retail sales goals in the Grocery, Pharmacy and Mass Merchant channels in the #1 top-line revenue producing market in the company.
Ø Achieved revenue growth goals each year of my tenure and was recognized in 2000, 2001, and 2002 for Kodak’s National recognition program called the “CI Excellence” Award. JAMES ASHLEY, PAGE 3
ASHLEY SELLING SERVICES 1995 - 2002
INDEPENDENT MANUFACTURERS REP
Ø Was featured in an article from Investor's Business Daily about "hired gun sales reps." Ø Successfully handled various campaigns for companies such as Microsoft Xbox launch, JVC Digital Camcorders, Klipsch speakers, eBay, Network Associates, Rawlings Baseball products, Disney, Compaq computers, Hewlett Packard printers, Minolta printers, Samsung Televisions Ø As a rookie independent sales rep in 1995, I quickly figured out what it took to capture attention and mindshare when training associates and selling in new campaigns. What started as one contract promptly blossomed into a business with multiple selling contracts – startups entering the electronics and technology channel with innovative technologies and needing distribution and share. Ø Persuaded to leave my independent contract with Eastman Kodak Company to work directly on behalf of the brand in a management role.
Portland State University – School of Business 1992-1995 Eastern Oregon University – coursework in Sociology 2001-2002 Technology: Experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Apple Final Cut Pro, Prezi dynamic presentations, RepZio, Dropbox, Asana, Insightly and the embracing of new and emerging technologies.
PERSONAL – WHO AM I OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS?
• I am a father of two amazing children. My son is 12 and is on the Autism Spectrum. He has become quite the musician and has shaped much of my personal growth over the past decade, increasing my abilities for patience and new ways of teaching and communicating more than any amount of professional instruction and training I have ever been a part of. My daughter is nine and soaks everything up like a sponge. She is filled with energy, shares many things with me, and keeps me thinking young and open to change. Jennifer is my partner and soul mate, and we share a life filled with love and support. I am with my best friend, which serves me well in business to have that kind of support at home.
• I am very proud of my Black Belt in Tae Kown Do. I earned it in 1999 and have had martial arts in my life now for over 25 years. The mental aspects and confidence gained from this endeavor have helped shape me. Additionally, exercise is a daily lifestyle habit/need and biohacking in a big interest.
• I have a love for comedy. While living in Los Angeles earlier in my life, I graduated from a 2-year conservatory program from The Second City, where I trained and developed skills in improvisational performance and sketch comedy writing. I performed at the Improv on Melrose and Improv Olympics on Hollywood Blvd over 50 times during those years. I have always felt that those experiences served me well in being creative and comfortable presenting as I transitioned into my Management career, and it also helped in collaborating with me teams following the “Yes and” approach.
• Play the Saxophone and recently received a Guitar as a gift I’m excited to learn.
• Once I became a father, family and memories have been the most important thing to me. Children grow so fast! When I am not actively engaged in my profession, my first choice is spending time with my family, traveling, and exploring together or just enjoying the simple things like watching a movie together.
• Gaining knowledge is essential. I am fascinated with many topics and enjoy listening to Audible books, Podcasts, and reading.